Frisco deal with Baylor Health Care

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 18, 2004.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FRISCO SOCCER & ENTERTAINMENT CENTER AND BAYLOR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ANNOUNCE LANDMARK PARTNERSHIP

13-Year Agreement Includes 6,000 Square Foot, On-Site Rehabilitation Center

Dallas, Tex. – Frisco Soccer & Entertainment Center President and General Manager Greg Elliott announced today that Baylor Health Care System has become a Signature Partner of the Frisco Soccer & Entertainment Center.

This will be the first relationship of its kind in all of soccer as Baylor Health Care will build a 6,000 square foot rehabilitation center that will be seamlessly integrated into the Northwest corner of the stadium.

Baylor Health Care System will become the exclusive hospital and healthcare partner of the facility, as well as FC Dallas of Major League Soccer and the North Texas State Soccer Association, for a 13-year period, beginning in 2005. Baylor Health Care System also will be the title sponsor of the East Gate entrance to the stadium, and will provide a mini triage center at the adjacent soccer park for major events. Additionally, they will receive integrated branding throughout the facility, and will work with the North Texas State Soccer Association to provide physicals and other services for their members.

The Baylor Outpatient Therapy and Sports Medicine Clinic at Frisco will be part of Baylor Rehabilitation System (BRS), a comprehensive continuum of inpatient, outpatient and community-based rehabilitation programs throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Dallas-based Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation is the flagship hospital and hub of BRS, providing specialized programs for brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, and orthopedic and neurological impairments. The Frisco location will be the 10th outpatient rehabilitation facility in North Texas.

The on-site, outpatient rehabilitation center will provide aquatic and sports medicine equipment and programming for athletic testing, performance enhancement and injury treatment. Physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, physical medicine physicians and orthopedic surgeons will provide care to patients. In addition to sports-related injuries, the clinic also will treat persons with a variety of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Hey Buzz, is this release anywhere else on the net? I'd like to link to it for some people on the Frisco message board. They are always bitching about the city spending money on the stadium so I always like to point out how the stadium is actually bringing business and development to Frisco.

3. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    So while the Doctor is setting the broken leg of the Burn player, he can still watch the game and chant with the other fans? And will the beer vendors get to that section of the stadium?

4. Mrs.TexasArsenal

Mrs.TexasArsenal New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Good idea tex... they all annoy me to no end.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Well hopefully they will also add a gun range to the list of signature sponsors so when that FC Dallas' player's leg is broken one of them can take out Dema with a nice shot between the eyes.

6. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Glad to see the corporate backing.

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just came out give the NY website people to finish their cocktails and I am sure it will be on the Burn site.

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. doctor_j

doctor_j New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    reppin' ETex
  10. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Right you are....its on the site now.

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

Its close enough so Dema can drag his limp, broken body to the hospital by himslef and we won't have to waste an ambulance trip on him. Ambulances are for useful members of society. Or gangster drive-by victims. Dema does not meet the standard.

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Yeah, but healthcare should only be reserved for useful members of society, so I don't know if Dr.'s, even considering the hipocratic oathe, would bother treating Dema. Oh oh...maybe they can harvest his organs.

13. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny. I didn't know they specialize in veterinary work with all the rabies shots that Dema needs.

As for business development, have the bitchy people on the Frisco message board considered how much business will bring to the center with soccer matches, soccer cup events, and concerts. Local pubs and restaurants would also benefit as well.

And when our opponent's player get injured, they should play the theme from M.A.S.H. while the announcer says "This injury time is sponsored by the Baylor Health Care System."

14. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    They should since I've posted that point about a thousand times. All they really have is the opinion that MLS is bound to go under any day and that the city will be left with an expensive stadium with no tenant. Really, it is the same stuff that people who are agaisnt publicly funded stadia always bring up. And for the most case, those arguments are legitimate......when discussing projects that cost hundreds of millions of dollars and are almost completely funded by the municipality and have no use to the normal non ticket holding fan. That isn't the situation with the Frisco stadium since the High Schools will be using it for pointy ball, 20 BADLY needed rec fields will be built alongside it and that the city, county, school district and the TEAM all put in together for it.

15. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't live in Frisco but non-soccer people just won't recognize how busy the complex will be and the type of money it will draw. When they move the Dallas Cup to Frisco, which I hope is sooner rather than later, it will bring in the money to Stonebriar since all the kids buy something for their parents. You also have the clubs from out of town who will book hotel rooms and spend money at the restaurants. Then you have to add in the referees who will also be staying in the hotels. This doesn't even count the number of tournaments you can hold in the complex as well as concerts. The possibilities are endless. You should tell people in Frisco that MLS is by far more stable than the NHL. Hell, the NHL lost more money last year than MLS has in it's first 10 years of existence.
    Don't forget that Dallas will become the official home of MLS Spring Training.

16. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Sweet to see HSG owned real estate garnering name revenue. Baylor will be a wonderful example for reps to push for even larger clientele.

Hey, maybe the rest of the Hunt's can ketchup to Lamar's genius.

17. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    I guess our new chant will need to be....

Youre going to the Baylor care center in the corner of the Frisco Sports & Entertainment Complex on a Baylor stretcher to receive top quality medical service provided by Baylor Medical Center. clap clap clap clap clap

Doesnt have quite the same charm does it?

18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    good one

19. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep plugging the sponsors on the chants and will be NASCAR !

20. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget that I plan on buying my Highlife, My Bratwurst & fixings, in Frisco for the tailgate and my One night two day stay at the local motel, my breakfast in the morning and the fuel before I head home. Like I said before, I'm considering moving to Frisco or the Baja oklahoma area so they can even tax more of my take home pay. Put that on the Frisco board ! That'll shut them up !

21. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    As appealing as adding you to the Frisco citezenry might be.....I think they are looking for more then that. Like I stated earlier, nothing will trump their largely baseless belief that MLS is doomed to financial failure and that the city will be left with an expensive stadium to deal with. Nothing.

22. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adam relax. I was kidding; however, I do plan on purchasing my goods and staying the night in Frisco. How Effed Up is the traffick going to be. Not that I care for I plan on being there well in advanced and after the match as usual but are there any plans to deal w/ the traffic? I was in your neck of the woods on a Sunday and the traffic svcked monkey valls. I stood in line for at least two light changes at several intersections. Game time is going to be special.

23. richj73

richj73 Member

May 15, 2003
    San Antonio
  24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I know that you were kidding.....but you really plan on spending the night in Frisco?

Traffic will be fine if you get there as early as you did for the tailgate this year. You just need to know how to go......don't worry, I'll offer some reccomendations.....the most important of which is to stay way from Preston and 121 if at all possible. Particularly the intersection of these two roads. If you can use the DNT and just stay on the road when it ends right up until Main Street......you shouldn't have too many problems on a Saturday afternoon, I usually don't.

25. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that it will be safer for me to spend the night. I do not want to leave a post match tailgate early on account that I have to drive 30+ miles 'till coffee.
    Funny that you should mention Preston and 121 is where I was. DNT is way off my radar. 121 is about 1 mile from my house and plan on using that route.