Friend's First Experience at the HDC

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by crookeddy, Jul 5, 2005.

1. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    He hated it! We sat in 140 close to the Riot Squad, and all he could do was look at them and keep repeating "Oh my god, what retards!" All around us all the fans ever did was scream out Galaxy sucks, or COBI YOU SUCK. It was really really difficult to enjoy the game like that. During halftime we tried to get soem concessions... But it was a bad idea and we left after 10 minutes in line. 9During which about 3 people got served) Then the fireworks after the game were second rate. Basically its just another person that will certainly never be back again. (and he's actually a soccer fan, or at least he claims to be. He played on some Russian youth team for 4 years, till he tore his ligaments)

2. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    We'll miss him terribly.

3. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I'm not gonan miss him either he's an ass. Point is how many others feel exactly the same way?

4. GriFF

GriFF New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    North Carolina
    That's one of my concerns ... my previous post in another thread:

I think LA and the HDC is a leader in the current popularity and growth of soccer in the US. I'm sure there will be a lot of first-timers at the Real Madrid game. This awful service may discourage return visits. That would be a shame.

5. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't want to beat a ded horse here. you guys need to trya chivas game, loney I know you've been. They have solved the concession problem. they have all the regular concession stands PLUS they have ChivaTown which has another 5-7 food vendors, including Bacon wrapped dogs. They soccer may not be as exciting, even that questionable now.

Better atmosphere, shorter lines, and cheerleaders. give a shot you'll be glad you did.

6. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

No offense, but I doubt its hard to serve crowds of under 12k.

7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course they've "solved" the concessions problem: bring 8,500 people to the stadium and the lines are a lot shorter than when there are 27,000. :rolleyes:

8. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I consider every pro Chivas post in here trolling.

9. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's trolling "lite", just like Chivas USA is Chivas "Lite".

10. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA

Look you need to learn the ropes and buy your eats before the game. Also if you don't want loud passionate fans sit away from the supporters groups and near the season tix holders. I had a great time. I love going to the HDC. The only thing that sucks is leaving in the traffic. But you just got find a way around that too. Any suggestions? :)

11. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Park at the church, go right, and take the side streets back to the freeway.

12. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but... did he just say Chivas USA was letting the bacon wrapped hot dog vendors into the stadium? Why oh why can't the Galaxy do that?

13. bhlightnr

bhlightnr New Member

Jun 18, 2005
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the FO doesn't want to be hit with a perceived health code violation...it costs too much $$$$ for the fine! God forbid an outlay of cash that pleases the fans but effects the bottom line, profits. :D

14. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not letting the vendors in. they have the in house catering company provide the bacon wrapped dogs. Galaxy could easly do the same with a phone call to the catering company

15. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I saw a couple of them in the stadium yesterday, i was kinda shocked becuase i know they arent allowed. its funny they were hiding in between cars. So i kinda stumbled upon a couple of them that way.

16. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone needs to tell this stuff to the front office. They've done and not done too much that ruins the experience. I'm sure they'll listen as more people complain. The bacon-wrapped hot dog MEANS professional soccer in Southern California. It's a regional combo like brats at games in Ohio, and clam chowder in a bread bowl at S.F. Giants games. If you go to Interliga, ReCopa Sudamericana or most international club friendlies in the area, you'll see them. Thankfully HDC allowed Chivas fans to bring all their accessories at least.

17. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do know that bacon-wrapped hot dogs are already available at LAG games? The so-called "international dogs" sold at some of the stands are, in fact, simply bacon-wrapped hot dogs. What's the big deal?

18. truebrit

truebrit New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    The "OC"
    We could smell them...but sadly, just couldn't find them.

19. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they still dont taste the same as the ones the ppl in the carts make outside. they put love into it. i hope they're there this friday for the gold cup matches.

20. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    And all this time I thought it was mayonnaise.