Friendly vs Welling United [r]

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by RobtheAggie, Jul 15, 2005.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost a shock loss in the first friendly of the season. Young scores with a few minutes left to manage a 1-1 draw. From most reports, Charlton dominated the match. With Welling getting a goal in the 75th minute.

2. hartley

hartley Member

Also, if you look at the lineups, you will see what most likely are starters in each half's side. And maybe a few playing out of what would be their usual starting spots. For example, Ambrose played on the left instead of the right.

3. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, still if Young had not come through, it could have been a rather ominous sign to start the season.

4. hartley

hartley Member

I read on the BBC Charlton chat board this this result mirrors the one from two years ago when we placed 7th in the league.

A friendly is a friendly is a friendly. At least I am hoping so. And let's remember that a lower side, no matter the time of year or the competition, is going to really get stuck in to beat a Prem side.

Welling have been known to give us some good competition. And we need it to wake up and get serious about our training.

Go Addicks!