Friendly match: Mexico vs Algeria; October 13, 2020

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Sep 29, 2020.

1. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I didn't know about that. Then again every single player everywhere is always rumored to go to Turkey.

beat junky repped this.
  2. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't remember if it was Galatasaray, Fehnerbahce or Besiktas, but there was interest, but then Cruz Azul came, paid some money to Fidel Kuri (who had no team anymore) and Jurado is now a bench warmer.

LGRod repped this.
  3. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why hasn't Arteaga gotten any minutes ?

LGRod repped this.
  4. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gallardo, I suppose.

5. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Gallardo has been stellar

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  6. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He seems to be the same. Yes, he's bigger, but he's also gotten older and obviously lost speed in the process.

7. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    This game showed a couple of things and that is that both Pizarro and Jona are not players we can play against any top nation. Yes, they are serviceable still and can play against bottom to average teams like the US, but if it's a top nation we cannot field them anymore.

What screwed everything up are the olympics as that process is still going on and Mexico is going to hold on to those younger players for the olympic team. And now Tata will only have 1 year to work in any of those youngsters to the team that will feature in the next WC.

blue4211 repped this.
  8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I thought HH was weak up until the 2-1, then he was one of the better players. Against the Dutch he also had a very good 2nd half after a lackluster 1st half.

I thought Dos Santos did well against the Netherlands but stunk today. Maybe it's because Algeria had a different take on the game or he might be good for 2nd halves. Pizarro was awful both games though. And although MLS is definitely making things worse, he had this slow ass level before in the Osorio era when he was playing in Mexico.

superm and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  9. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Overall...............the Holland game was much better. Mexico at the end showed resilience at the very end and i like that because they could of comeback and won the damn thing. With that said Cota????? WTF that is the best that we could do? There is no up and coming youngster to pave the way for the upcoming years???

Oh yeah..........................playing against these types of teams only makes us get better to where we should be.............but i know this is only temporary because after the pandemic its back to powerhouses Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras...............along with the occasional game against Norway, but their D team. Dream big Mexico wake the hell up!!!!

10. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Jonathan was playing against tired legs and the game was also much more open. I just don't think he's someone we should keep calling up. He's very close to the ages of Guardado and Herrera who are better and with younger players coming up, I just don't see why we should keep calling up someone that's older and not starter material.

After this year, I see Cordova and Charly being the two backups for both Guardado and Herrera and with Charly pushing for a starting spot.

Also, we can't field slow players on the wing as teams know they can hard press us without a real danger of a counter. If Chucky isn't playing, we need to have someone like Antuna out there so we have an actual threat to counter with.

Also, no more Pulido.

blue4211 repped this.
  11. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I also don't understand the hate on Sanchez. He kept everyone in front of him when he was playing defense, which is something not many of our previous full backs could do. And did have that one bad pass when they pressured, but overall I thought he had a good game.

12. Joaquin Medina

Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Why doesn’t Mexico have the CONCACAF gold cup emblem on the jersey like other region champs?

13. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Because it would mean having the CONCACAF gold cup emblem on their jersey.

14. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Jurado, but Cruz Azul has stunted his growth because they'd rather have over the hill Corona as their #1. They should loan him out so he could get minutes somewhere else so he doesn't regress.

Robertinho21, ShockMaster, LGRod and 2 others repped this.
  15. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    All you guys bitching about Pizzaro are probably the same ones that were crying when he didn't make the WC squad. He has always been overrated and not A squad material for Mexico. It isn't because of MLS, he wasn't that good before

Blue_Demon, blue4211 and Colima24 repped this.
  16. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I feel like had he not gotten injured at the 2016 Olympics, he would've maybe had a shot at going to Europe that season

17. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    El Chapo Montes for sure mando a la selección por un tubo?

To me, he is LigaMX’s best #10 (Foreign or domestic player).

blue4211 repped this.
  18. superm

superm Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He’s short, slow and not athletic. In the international stage he won’t get the calls or time to pass like he does in Liga Mx.

19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And he retired from the NT.

20. blue4211

blue4211 Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some things I've come to realize after these last two games:
    HH and Guardado are the same player now, one should start and one should sit. HH is a better player at this point in Their careers.
    We need our CBs to go to Europe and play in one of the big leagues, specifically, Montes so he can learn to lead the line. We need to find a partner for Montes, Araujo has the talent but does he have the mentality? I think he's not a leader and is more of a follower similar to Moreno.
    We should play a 4-2-3-1 with the three being Chucky, Tecatito and Lainez pressuring the other teams up top and force them into mistakes. We also have Antuna and Alvarado to be subs for those 3. The 2 should be Edson and HH, Edson would become the third CB while the Fullbacks join the attack.

21. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What are you, a cop? Are you checking to see if we're on the right side of history or what? Que te importa o que? En que te afecta huey? Hablame Jesus.

Sanchito and Blue_Demon repped this.
  22. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Qué put4 madre. Are you serious? Why are we here? Now you get called out and you get butt hurt? Cmon. Just don't get all the hate on Pizarro now when he hasn't changed from when everyone was calling bloody murder 2 years ago, blaming mls, blame the player. I don't like nor watch mls, but we all sound like a bunch of babies always blaming mls.
    Si a ti no te importa o te afecta, para que estas aquí escribiendo?

Colima24, Blue_Demon and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  23. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    MMLS or not, I've always stated that while he possesses the talent, he has always been and will continue to be just a club player, he shrinks when he puts on the NT jersey.

Blue_Demon and NCCFBALL repped this.
  24. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You gonna let this haymaker land, @LGRod?

25. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh it landed, the real question is will he get up or get counted out. Ha

Blue_Demon and Colima24 repped this.