Friendly match: Japan vs Mexico; November 17, 2020

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Philip J. Fry, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

angelsfan and JJV1994 repped this.
  2. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Not as sad as toph in the legend of kora. Who wants to live in a shitty swamp

ShockMaster and Philip J. Fry repped this.
  3. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    This result was a mix of LigaMX and Europe leagues vs a Japan side with 100% “European” players.

Post the first 20 minute full on Japanese kamikaze assault, México nullified Japan and it was a completely different match/dynamics the second half.

Philip J. Fry and JJV1994 repped this.
  4. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    Last 4 match summary IMO:

1 - The Netherlands - Think big and play big. La puntería al rematar al arco needs to improve. El uno vs uno fue llave.

2. Argelia - Te presionan desde la salida y toda la cancha. Te dejan jugar y tener la pelota

3. South Korea - The fooking arco, Mexico needs to aim in there! La puntería (see #1)

4. Japan - OMG, Full on assault by opponents and need to maintain order and make adjustments.

LGRod, Blue_Demon, JJV1994 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    At least she got her mojo back busting Korra's ass like the absolute unit she is.

Blue_Demon repped this.
  6. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    All and all, four very productive matches for Tata's Mexico. We absolutely needed matches like these.

Blue_Demon repped this.
  7. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In hindsight, the toughest match was Algeria. Who woulda thought.

8. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Being fair, Algeria is a pretty damn good team.

Like good enough to make it past the WC group stage and even pull of an upset after that.

9. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They Won the Euro, I mean CAF Title (Lol)
    They are a really talented bunch with great technical ability. Plus I think our guys are up for the Dutch games now. They all went through the pain of the 2014 WC too so it's understandable.

10. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :ROFLMAO:

Blue_Demon and LGRod repped this.
  11. Robertinho21

Robertinho21 Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Tujunga, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    First half pathetic display by Mexico in the defense and midfield. I know Japan was going all in on us...................but you have to know how to conquer that pressure. Talk to each other and knock someone on their @SS and let them know your presense!!! Defense is hat worries me..............and what the hell is up with the midfield???

Second half im glad that they were able to comeback and finally play for a change. This Japan team is no joke, but Mexico did what they should do, and that is to get the win.

If it was'nt for Memo, this ends in a 2-2, plain and simple. Im glad Mexico got the win and now on to the next ones.

Who are we playin next? I hope its in Europe becaue that is the only way we will get better!!!

Blue_Demon and LGRod repped this.
  12. blue4211

blue4211 Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Japan was the better team in the first half, Memo showed why he's the best GK we have. He might not be the best in the air but he's the best showstopper.

Edson and Sánchez coming in the second half solidified the defense. Piñeda made a difference in both games, has he won the third midfield spot? I think so, Edson, HH and Piñeda behind the LoJiCo could be work. Pizarro was terrible, has he lost his spot on the national team? Yes!

Rodriguez and Gallardo are probably the starting fullbacks and Sánchez could be a starter against the stronger teams if the team is going to play more defensively. In the middle, Moreno is done - he was slow before and now he's even slower. Araujo and Montes need to be groomed to be the starters, they re the most talented, how many CB's do what Araujo did for the second goal plus he has that long range passing ability. Salcedo Is another option but he's too wild, I'm always afraid he's going to get a red.

13. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    IMO, Moreno may be on the tail end of his career but even though he is not explosive or “fast”, he maintains order in the back line. He is not Rafa or even Salcido but he still has some left. I agree, groom el cachorro and other young players as successors.

Robertinho21 and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  14. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Problem is neither Araujo nor Montes command the backline, they need a boss back there and the only one left for now is Moreno because none of our keepers have that quality either.

ShockMaster and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  15. blue4211

blue4211 Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mosh and LAFEFUT, you guys bring up good points. Maybe we were spoiled with Rafa as our defensive GOAT and it's not fair to compare others to him. Moreno had his shot but wasn't able to develop into that leader because he was good but not as great as Rafa. We need to improve our CB situation, Araujo needs to play and we need more CBs in Europe, especially Montes.

LGRod repped this.
  16. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Moreno has always been solid. Always thought he was big team caliber but he really laid an egg with Roma.

I feel like people are sleeping on Montes. 23 and already 155 caps with Monterrey and NT call-ups. Dude was so young when he played in the last Olympics that he was also elegible to take part in this year’s Olympics too.

Robertinho21 and LGRod repped this.
  17. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Montes is made of crystal, sadly... and Moreno got injured before his big move as well, they've been unlucky with that.

Moreno was made for bigger things, Espanyol thought so too.

ShockMaster, LGRod and JJV1994 repped this.
  18. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico