News: FRIENDLY le Portugal et la Serbie!

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, Aug 27, 2015.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Portugal et la Serbie en amical les 4 et 7 septembre

Les 23 Bleus retenus

Lloris, Mandanda, Ruffier - Varane, Debuchy, Evra, Koscielny, Mangala, Sagna, Trémoulinas, Zouma - Cabaye, Kondogbia, Matuidi, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Sissoko - Benzema, Fekir, Giroud, Griezmann, Martial, Valbuena.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Martial,Sissoko,Zouma,Trémoulinas,Mangala,Sagna,Mandanda,Cabaye,

WTF IS THIS CRAP !! PURE SH!!T

Pandore repped this.
  3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What a pathetic list. :laugh:

Still no Laporte. :rolleyes:

I really have no patience for these amateur lists anymore. They are clearly not based on merit.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kurzawa,
    Laporte,
    Mathieu,
    Menez,
    Costil,
    Heurtaux,
    Corchia,
    Stambouli

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hell even
    Alessandrini Hamouma should get call ups at this point

6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they pick Zouma over Laporte

non mais Ca va pas DD

Pandore repped this.
  7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Deschamps about Kurzawa (who is currently injured, but that's not what DD's issue is apparently)

"Je regarde. Après ce choix appartient au joueur. Il était à Monaco dans une situation d'avoir un temps de jeu important avec énormément de matchs. Là à Paris, il va dans une situation un peu différente avec une concurrence importante aussi donc je serais attentif à son évolution."

That's cute because I could swear Varane has been a bench player for years now, Zouma is not a starter either.. etc. Guess it's not about being a starter then. ;)

BTW, Laporte is a starter in the most difficult league in the world and has shown so much potential and improvement. Whatever, this whole list makes no sense.

8. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I like Varane a lot as a player, but I have to say the fact that he is not a starter is frustrating and smacks of a lack of ambition on his part. He would be a definite starter at a host of EPL clubs, many of whom have cast admiring looks his way. He reminds me of both Laurent Blanc and Paolo Maldini, and at 22, he needs regular first team football in order to realize his vast potential.

Salut, Pandore ! Tu vas bien ?

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's the thing, Varane's situation annoys me so much because of how much I like him as a player. I know he's still young, but I feel like he should be further along than he is and him being a bench player is what has hurt his development. He is a rare breed of defender that always looks so elegant and reminds me of, like you said, Maldini and also Thiago Silva. He has a lot of flaws to work on, but his tackles are so clean and well timed and he has such incredible pace.

What really annoys me is that I think it's unfair that the majority of French players need to be starters at their clubs in order to make it into DD's lists and yet Varane is immune to that rule. I'm not saying Varane shouldn't be selected, just that he also should feel the pressure of having to either secure a starting spot at Madrid or be more ambitious and go somewhere else. Like you said, he would be a starter at any EPL club guaranteed.

Varane's biggest issue at the World Cup was his lack of experience and concentration. I don't think he's improved much since then.

Oui, un peu fatiguée mais ça va. Et toi?

10. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tout va bien ! J'écoute de la musique sur mon cellulaire. Le week-end commence bientôt : ) Je pense à regarder le match AS Roma-Juventus qui aura lieu dimanche.

Pandore repped this.
  11. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    so far so good ... slow game .. neither side has completely dominated the other

12. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Missed most of the first half but saw the replay of Matuidi's golden opportunity. Shame he shot straight at the keeper. Im hoping for Fekir to come on early in the second half. Do we really need Cabaye out there?

Edit: Just saw that Fekir went out injured. Uggh.

13. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    BEnzema chance. right at the keeper. France putting a lot of pressure on the opposition in the second half

14. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Benzema off. Martial on. Probably a good move.

15. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    who knows martial is young ... will see how good his decision making skills

16. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    VALBUENA!!!

soji22 and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  17. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    GOALLLLLLLLL

18. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    not bad game for a friendly ... we controlled more .. the wings and midfield needs more fine tuning .. im not conviced of sagna and evra ..

19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Varane looked really impressive to me in this game. Benzema again lackluster. Everyone else decent to good.

soji22 repped this.
  20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Just not enough creativity for most of the game. The midfield is basically comprised of box to box mids. Valbuena probably needs to be in the starting 11.

soji22 repped this.
  21. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Wow. Its been 100 matches since France scored with a free kick. Last one was by Rothen in 2007!

22. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    yea the game looked more fluid in the last 10-20 minutes.. DD needs to work on this .. if he can solve this problem then he can solve the strikers problem . i feel like the strikers dont get enough service from the midfield and wingers

soji22 repped this.
  23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Pogba was supposed to be the playmaker but he really doesnt have that skillset. He needs to play the relayeur role along with Matuidi and someone like Valbuena or Fekir in the playmaker role. Its a shame we didnt get to see more of Fekir today, because maybe someone like him could play well off another striker.

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    1. I was very underwhelmed. Yes we won, but I don't think we showed anything interesting considering the fact that Euro 2016 is less than a year away and we'll be facing the likes of Spain and Germany, which are way more stacked with talent than Portugal.

2. It's funny because I feel like Deschamps is allergic to players with technique.

3. Does anyone have one good reason as to why Griezmann wasn't starting?

4. I'd be really annoyed if I was a Lyon fan. What is OL's first game in the CL? Hopefully Fékir is back by then.

I don't know why I always feel like our team is better than it actually is. I guess it looks better on paper than whatever starting line up Deschamps comes up with.

25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I know I'm being a little harsh, but it's going to be a very long time before the next tournament on home soil, so it's disappointing to see what condition we've been in for the past few months.