Friendly: ECUADOR vs Colombia

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So who's going?? I got some slammin' seats in the first row... I'm going with cousins, brother, and fam...

I went to the last one in 06 which ended in a tie just before the team left for the world cup...

Of course, these friendlies are all for profit, and the squad will not be the A team.. But who can pass up seeing the boys play against a good rival ..

Any thoughts? Any thoughts on who should play?? Any lineups?

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When is it??

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'm going. I don't have tix yet tho, hope I can get good seats.

Arqueros:
    José Francisco Cevallos (Liga de Quito)
    Marcelo Elizaga (Emelec)

Defensas:
    Omar de Jesús (El Nacional)
    Isaac Mina (Deportivo Quito)
    Carlos Castro (Barcelona)
    Iván Hurtado (Millonarios, Colombia)
    Giovanny Espinoza (Cruzeiro, Brasil)

Volantes:
    José Luis Cortez (Deportivo Quito)
    Segundo Castillo (Estrella Roja, Serbia)
    Patricio Urrutia (Liga de Quito)
    Antonio Valencia (Wigan Athletic, Inglaterra)
    Édison Méndez (PSV Eindhoven, Holanda)
    Walter Ayoví (El Nacional)
    Luis Bolaños (Liga de Quito)

Delanteros:
    Pablo Palacios (Barcelona)
    Christian Benítez (Santos Laguna, México)
    Joffre Guerrón (Getafe, España)
    Felipe Caicedo (Manchester City, Inglaterra).

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Anybody seen Pablo Palacios play?

He's been a top goalscorer in Ecua for years...is he another Evelio Ordonez??

5. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

August 20th ... Giant's Stadium, NJ.

6. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, he is Barcelona's golden boy... Boca Juniors is itching to get him. Vizuete recently confirmed that he will be called up for the NT and that it would be stupid not to call up such talent... This man is on fire.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hmmmm...I'm in Maine, 5-6 hour drive. I might make a road trip! At what time is the game???

Sorry for all the questions - I'm just really considering this!

I haven't seen Ecuador play live since they beat Costa Rica in Hamburg in 2006.

8. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's cool , the match is scheduled to start at 8:00PM Eastern time at Giant's Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.

9. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm going to watch the game.. I have a cousin who works at delgado travel she hooked me up with good seats. I haven't seen ecuador play since they beat Bulagaria 3-0 before the 2002 world cup.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hopefully Vizuete uses Caicedo and Guerron as starting forwards....

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    What are his attributes? He doesn't look big...is he fast? Strong? Technical?
    Is he a poacher type of forward? Does he score a lot with his head? Long-range shots? Any other strengths or weaknesses?

Finally, let's say he becomes our next Tin Delgado - WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CALLED UP BEFORE SINCE HE IS ALREADY 26 YEARS OLD????

12. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is very technical... speed is not his forte but he is not a slow guy either... but like I said very technical and creative, his footwork is nice, and he scores with headers and close to mid-range shots... Haven't seen him score too many long range shots though, although I don't put it past him to try. He likes to be in the area and when he can work his way in ... but he is great at receiving passed and or converting a serve to a header or shoot-in, he can use a lil more speed though, since he is not that big of a guy like Tenorio or Caicedo.

These are his 2 goals in a the 2-0 Barcelona-Macara game. These are not even some of his best..
    [youtube]lnnm42auZUY&hl=en&fs=1"[/youtube]

Beautiful goal against Nacional .. 3-1 Barcelona victory.... reminds me a lot of the Tin's goal in the world cup.
    [youtube]mz7Mpy3Ea80&hl=en&fs=1"[/youtube]

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Awesome, thanks Guayaquilen~o...

What's funny is, I had always seen him at the top of the scoring charts for the past few seasons...since he hadn't ever been called to the NT, I figured he was Argentinian or something. I can't believe all this time and he hasn't even been given a shot :eek:

I like your description and what I saw in the video. We don't need a miracle-maker...we need a guy who knows where to be, where the ball is going to fall, and just gets it in! We have good playmakers (Benitez, Caicedo, Valencia, Mendez), fast wingers (Guerron, Bolan~os), so all we're waiting for is to discover the guy who has good instincts and calmness around the goal.

14. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    70 % chance that I'll go.Not that hyped about playing Colombia,I would have preferred a European squad,this game will end up in a draw anyways,so everyone could go home happy.A lot of my panas are going,,maybe they will force me to go,,,and if anything I would probably be checking out the girls more than the game its self.:D

Now going to the Pablo Palacios topic,I don't see him as the baller,with "harta tecnica, creatividad and all that good stuff" some of you have spiced him up to be.The guy is good enough for the ecua league,but I don't see him marcando diferencia en la sele,and especially en el futbol extranjero.El man es el tipico pescador del area,osea opportunista dentro de la 18.If I'm BS just listen to the commentators on the vids.Yes he has been scoring a little something in recent years and yes he has some pretty nice gols,,but most of his gols have been from rebounds or where he just happened to be at the right place at the right time,,,,pero nada que ver con tecnica,creatividad,o explosividad,however he does have a little speed y pone empeno a todas las jugadas en que esta involocrado.
    Furthermore no where does it say in any argie newspaper or website that Boca Jrs wants him.It's just propaganda and publicity stunt del barceleche,a very good marketing technique to promote it's ballers.Funny how when he was playing for el Dep.Quito and scoring like a man whore,nadie le paro bolas,,now that he plays for barceleche and the "chisme" del Boca came up,all of a sudden the man is our next TIN Delgado,,LMAO!
    Hopefully el Cabezon Palacios can prove me wrong,and won't be another Gustavo "Potro" Figueroa,,member him guys.The guy's situation was similar to Palacios,,a great non colored ecua forward who was breaking the nets en la Copa Pilsener,got a chance en la sele y valio v!rgas,,went to play abroad,,I believe it was Sporting Cristal de gallina land and never broke thru.I haven't heard from him in a minute,I wonder what el pobre Potrito is doing now.:eek:

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Honestly, that is all we need right now. As I mentioned earlier, we have 4 or 5 guys who can make the plays happen - we just need a guy who knows how to be in the right place and tap it in.

That's exactly who I thought of when I heard about Palacios. That guy was a big disappointment. But I remember he looked a bit fat to be playing for the sele.

16. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember guys ... if you bring any flag or thing of that nature... throw away the stick... ! lol Or else security will confiscate your flag.. they don't want us making shishkabobs out of the parceros in there... :D

But seriously though.... can't wait for the game... I'm just going to see my team play... although I am not happy at all that they're playing colombia AGAIN, it will end in a tie either way or if not it's one team's turn to lose..... I want to see a Euro team or even a good African team like Egypt or Nigeria.

17. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Colombia will beat ecuador AGAIN!!

18. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.... good luck for tomorrow guys...

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man, I was sooooo close to going but I just couldn't make the proper arrangments with aork and my wife and the rest of my week as far as travel schedule was. I'm bummed....guess I'll have to catch it on JustinTV. Was looking forward to a few beers with you guys and I really really wanted a chance to meet Yoryi and dind out what all the hype was about, too!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Best of luck, guys!

20. Liga USA

Liga USA New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Hey Fellahs,

Will the game be on TV, on Ecua TV, Cannal UNO? I'm in LA and can't make the trip but would like to catch the game on the tube. Thanks in advance.

21. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I'll be there.

Seat location: section 132, row 38. Anybody got their tix yet?

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You might need to find an online stream!!

23. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 108, row 36 !! I'm there in front of the action...

I am in touch with all my cousins from Queens to the game. It is understood and agreed by both ecuadorians and colombians especially in queens, the biggest concentration of both, that Ecuas will wear the yellow for this game and Colos will be wearing the blue shirt. The next game will be reversed.

So if you guys have your home NT jerseys wear those, only if you can, if not it doesnn't matter because we're there for the team, not the jersey. But the colos in majority are going to be wearing blue...

24. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Muerte Blanca USA has their own sections if any Liga fans are going they well be in sections 137 y 138

vamo vamo vamo Ecuatorianossss
    vamo vamo vamo a ganarrrrrrrrrrrr
    que este año tienes que salir primerooooo
    que este año al MUNDIAL vamos a llegar

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany