Fresno Fuego

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by blue12, Nov 1, 2002.

1. blue12

blue12 New Member

Oct 31, 2002
    California
    Officially, The FRESNO FUEGO will be part of the PDL Southwest Conference. A letter of acceptance was recieved by the people in charge of this team.
    Congratutations!!!!!!!

FRESNO FUEGO
    NEW PDL TEAM

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope they play most of their games at night, for the sake of the players. I heard it can get rather warm in Fresno.

Congratulations on getting the team.

3. VanillaBean

VanillaBean New Member

A team in my own Fresno. I still can't believe this! :D

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Central Valley Fuego FC (USL League One) 3, El Paso Locomotive FC (USL Championship) 0
    https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...-first-cupsets-of-2022-lamar-hunt-us-open-cup
    The Fuego were on fire in front of a record home crowd. Villyan Bijev scored two world-class goals as Central Valley Fuego FC earned an upset victory in front of nearly 5,000 supporters at Lamonica Stadium in Clovis, CA. Bijev chipped El Paso Locomotive FC goalkeeper Philipp Beigl for 1-0 lead in the 4th minute, and scored again in the 42nd minute, driving at a defender and fainting twice to his right before unleashing a shot into the top corner. Nathan Smith and Christian Chaney added goals for Fuego, which is making its debut in USL League One this season. Eric Calvillo scored in the 90th minute to prevent the shutout but El Paso Locomotive FC lost its fourth consecutive game across all competitions to start the 2022 campaign. Central Valley Fuego FC steps in to the Third Round, scheduled for April 19-21, and will play an opponent to be determined.

AZUL GALAXY repped this.