French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Montpellier apparently got in touch with her for the first time in the middle of the Euros, so I'm inclined to think they will probably play her as a winger too. I hope shlj's sources are right though because she really is better as a forward. And as for Öqvist's contract, Montpellier paid a transfer fee to her Swedish club to get her to join them in the middle of the Swedish season, instead of waiting until after and get her for free, so they must really want her on the squad from the get go...

Anyway, it still surprises me how comparatively conservative France is. It's modern for a woman to bring her boyfriend and child to work abroad and to have children with a long-term partner without being married? Hm. Makes it sound like it's the man that makes the decisions in French relationships and marriages. Is it? Could be good to know if I should be avoiding French men ;)

2. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brazil played an uncharacteristic four-back system in the 2008 Olympic games, which was Erika's major tournament debut. She was used as a left fullback then. After that, I have only really seen her as a center back with Brazil.

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well I will attend Montpellier's training or friendly game on Thursday so ample time to discuss the matter with the relevant people :)

4. marctol

marctol Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    As far as I can remember, Brazil played with a 3-5-2 system in 2008. Simone and Maycon were the wing-backs.

5. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps I misunderstood her role, but I remember Erika getting forward on the left a fair bit.

6. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :eek::eek::eek:... com'on , you have too much imagination .....;)
    btw , Bienvenue Josefine.

7. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Haha, it does though. I mean how is it perfectly normal for a man to bring his family to a new place for work, but for a woman it's "modern"? Anyway that's incredibly irrelevant in this thread.

Is Érika almost certainly signing with PSG then, or is it just a wild rumour? Come to think of it, rumours in women's football don't seem to exist. You think they're just silly rumours but then they always happen...

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well in term of wild rumour, we heard it many times that Alex Morgan was supposedly on the PSG shopping list. Same with Sinclair, both never happened.

During the Olympics last year. Rumour going round about Tobin and Sydney negociating with Montpellier as well.

9. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Haha true, but being on the shopping list doesn't really count. Morgan and Sinclair probably were, and still are, on PSG's wish list but it doesn't mean either will actually agree to play for them.

Leroux negotiating with a French team is interesting though. Her NWSL team isn't particularly good, so I wouldn't be too surprised if she signed for a European team, the question is just where. Delie + Leroux for PSG? Now that would be something.

10. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Question, has anyone heard how much PSG paid Montpellier for Delie? I was just reading some transfer sums in the Swedish press and I'm a little baffled. Lyon bought Schelin in 2008 for around €100,000. Rossiyanka bought Sofia Jakobsson in 2011 for €40,000. Reasonable difference considering the players' qualities.

Meanwhile Öqvist and Asllani have both been sold to France by the same Swedish club, Kristianstad, during the past year for a surprisingly small amount - around €11,000. I could understand that sum for Öqvist considering her age and that she only had a few months left on her contract, but reasonably Asllani should have cost at least the same as Jakobsson, right?

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Figures for Delie around 40-50 000 € apparently.
    I have always thought Schelin was 1 000 000 Kronor so around 150 000 € ?

12. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't remember how the Krona stood in comparison to the Euro in 2008 (probably stronger today though, so the €100,000 figure I read should makes sense), but today 1 million SEK is around €110,000.

13. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    IIRC it was a bit somwhere around 9,60 SEK for a Euro back then so 1 million SEK was just over €100,000. But I thought that was her early pay (back then) not the transfer fee.

14. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't know but apparently Göteborg had a player turnover that was +961,000 SEK in 2008.

15. GambitSWE

GambitSWE Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Landvetter
    Club:
    Göteborg FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Apparently Kristianstad DFF gets roughly 100.000 SEK for Öqvist, and according to the same article, it's more than they got for Asllani. Kristianstad lit the spark in Asllani again, and when she was at her top, she went away. Now the same with Öqvist. Sure, she was away giving birth, but before that she wasn't at her peak either. Now when she has gotten her sea-legs, she leaves just as Asllani.

KDFF says that they will address these issues in future contracts, so it doesn't happen again.

source: http://www.expressen.se/kvp/sport/sa-mycket-kostade-oqvist-varvningen/

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    montpellier has a second division club (same level as lyon) which is at least semipro... as a player-coach especially he could make some money but certainly less than a pro player in sweden.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think you've gotten a false impression... debzy did put an ironic smiley on her remark. the majority of my friends and colleagues are in couples outside of the bonds of holy wedlock*, either en concubinage or pacsé and if there are legal distinctions between these statutes society makes none. the jurisprudence around family life is probably little different from that in sweden or other progressive countries.

that said, it is true that women were not allowed to vote until 1944 (one of the first acts of the liberation gov't) and could not open bank accounts or seek employment without their husband's permission until 1965. but mai '68 est passé par là!

[​IMG]

*sacha guitry once said "the chains of marriage are so heavy that it takes two to carry them... sometimes three".

debzy, Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  18. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Seems they are going for a long-distance relatiosnhip this year and he has signed for an Austrian team.

debzy and blissett repped this.
  19. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    And since Swedish teams rarely if ever pay transfers fees (they wait instead) it is pretty sure to be the transfer fee for Schelin, with the transfer fee for her replacement (if any) subtracted.

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am awaiting the friendly tonight but the training this morning at Montpellier was very interesting this morning.

21. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Can you tell us more or is it Top Secret ? ;)
    No heavy rain in Montpellier this morning ? In Nice, there was ! :eek:

22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
  23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yzeure recruited an american goalkeeper , Catherine Fitzsimmons 24 years old , from Houston Aces .

guignol repped this.
  24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    another interview in view! apparently she played a season in scotland so she has experience abroad already.

25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Two friendly games today :

Montpellier HSC - FCF Arras : 7-0, at Balaruc les Bains ( Hoda Lattaf x2, Elodie Ramos x2, Marina Makanza, Kelly Gadea, Fanny Tenret)

FCF Hénin-Beaumont - PSG : 0-4, at Auchy les Mines (Ouleye Sarr x2, Anissa Lahmari, Shirley Cruz Trana pk.)