French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Nah i think it all started with Paredes' decision to move to Barcelona. That's the captain who was holding that team together. I'm wondering now if PSG management couldn't afford to keep everyone via raising salaries etc so this splintering happens.

2. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    2006: Juvisy
    2007: Lyon
    2008: Lyon
    2009: Lyon
    2010: Lyon
    2011: Lyon
    2012: Lyon
    2013: Lyon
    2014: Lyon
    2015: Lyon
    2016: Lyon
    2017: Lyon
    2018: Lyon
    2019: Lyon
    2020: Lyon
    2021: PSG

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It had to end, eventually.

We managed to see it.

soccernutter repped this.
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes and we know this is quite sad as the club could also pay 200 M€ transfer fees for Neymar and M'Bappé. They do have cash available to spend but don't want to spend too much for the women team.

blissett repped this.
  5. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Btw French fans was that the last we saw of PSG? I know that the French Cup is still ongoing but is it required to be this team? Or is it like the FA Cup that the tournament period occurs in two seasons lol.

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The French cup got discontinued in March as the French government did not allow the teams from D2 and below to restart playing as the D2 is not a professional league.

7. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Oh... that's it then :(

8. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah last time together today at 1pm when they celebrate with the fans at the Parc des Princes. And then off they go on international duty.

sbahnhof repped this.
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And in the relegation battle that was settled with Issy and Le Havre going down, there is a last second surprise with ASJ Soyaux relegated to Division 2 due to financial problem.

The DNCG that controls the finances of all professional football in France (men and women) has sent them down.

In theory, there are only 9 teams in D1 Arkema as of now as the D2 championship was stopped due to Covid -19. Obviously, some teams will be invited to go to D1. Issy might not be relegated. St Etienne might be promoted as Marseille was also invited but declined promotion to D1.

PSG players are gonna get a win bonus of 40 000 Euros each for winning the League.

10. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Wow: I just noticed that Bordeaux has released Bunny Shaw--I assume because of the club's financial difficulties. I have to think there will be a scramble to sign her.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had already pictured that: the moment I knew about Bordeaux financial crisis, I knew international clubs would have jumped on Shaw like a shoal of sharks.

Consistent rumours claim Manchester City already won the race, but I guess every team-manager in their sane mind would at least make a try to secure such an unstoppable goal-scorer to their team!

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    She is out of contract and made it clear that she would listen to offers from big clubs a long time ago. Bordeaux have known it for a while and have recruted Melissa Herrera to replace her.

L'orange repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In my imagination, she could have represented a good chance for a mid-tier team, and not necessarily a big one, since, despite being the top-scorer of Division 1, Shaw hadn't been signed yet by a really "big club", so maybe it could have been easier to upgrade both her wage and her playing condition.

But it looks like everyone noticed the obvious opportunity, so it will be just a question of a fight of top-tier teams to sign her.

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It looks like it a 3 years contract with Man City for Bunny Shaw according to US journos.

Contracts update for PSG and Lyon.

L'orange and blissett repped this.
  15. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    I think PSG regrets now not sticking with Kiedrzynek. They had chosen Endler but she has run to Lyon in less than 2 years. ;)
    (Kiedrzynek when leaving PSG has declined Lyon's offer saying something along the line: "You don't go to play for your biggest rivals - Messi never changed Barcelona for Real Madrid").

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The D1 Arkema is moving to 5 substitutions for the 2021/22 season.
    The FFF will decide the teams that will play in D1 on 13th of July. Most teams will restart pre-season around 1 July... shambles.

Lechus7 repped this.
  17. Football1000

Football1000 New Member

Jun 13, 2021
    With Issy, Le Havre and Soyaux potentially (or officially) relegated anybody in the know have an idea which teams will be promoted and which ones should be able to be competitive.

18. Football1000

Football1000 New Member

Jun 13, 2021
    Is this a COVID thing or do you think that it's a permanent rule? The mens teams seem to have more substitutions always wondered why the womens only have 3.

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Temporary in line with the IFAB amendment. The reason women.stayed with 3 is the Executive Comittee said it was too late to change rules last season when IFAB confirmed the 5 subs.

soccernutter and Football1000 repped this.
  20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Starting dates for the 2021/22 season:

D1 Arkema Sat 28 August
    D2 Sunday 05 September
    U-19 National League 12 September

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Le Havre are going down 100%.
    Issy might stay up.
    Soyaux are appealing the DNCG decision.
    Marseille have refused the offer to get promoted
    St-Etienne are apparently next in line to get promotion.

blissett repped this.
  22. Football1000

Football1000 New Member

Jun 13, 2021
    Thanks! What about Nice?

23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Soyaux have won their appeal before the DNCG and are staying up. The remaining two places could be Issy and St-Etienne. Answer on 13th of July.

Football1000 and sbahnhof repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Rumour is Issy and Marseille will be the two teams completing the D1 Arkema.

Soyaux's coaching staff have resigned today and will explain why in the press today. While PSG have officially named Didier Olle-Nicole as the new manager. He has no experience in Women football.

sbahnhof and Lechus7 repped this.
  25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And the rumours were wrong Issy and St-Etienne are the two selected teams according to Le Parisien. Issy stay up and St-Etienne promoted.

sbahnhof and Football1000 repped this.