News: French clubs in Europe 2015/2016

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, Jun 2, 2015.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Champions League
    Paris Saint-Germain
    Lyon
    Monaco

[​IMG]
    Europa League
    Marseille
    Saint-Étienne
    Bordeaux

SportBoy333 repped this.
  2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll be honest, it brings me joy to know Marseille have us to thank for directly qualifying into the Europa League. You're welcome. ;)

No but seriously, I'm genuinely happy for Bordeaux and Chantôme. I hope they can go as far as possible (along with ASSE).

As for the CL, it was really impressive for two French teams to be in the quarterfinals this year, so hopefully next year we can surpass that and send one into the semi final (as in PSG). I just hope French teams aren't screwed in the draws this year.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #3 SportBoy333, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    PSG will do well of course. Huge budget plus they will add players to strengthen even further.

I dont think Lyon will get out of the group stage with their "recruitment made in France" policy. Also dont know if Lacazette is staying for sure. Recruit Morel who was part of the 0 pts OM in the CL. :laugh:

Monaco you have to see if they pass the 2 qualifying rds first . I would like to see them use Falcao for the 2nd rd to try to help them qualify then dump him before the window closes. I dont think he'll be available for the 1st rd due to resting from Copa America. I have confidence in Jardim regardless whom they may lose (YFC?, Moutinho?, Kurzawa? Abdennour?)

Marseille are in shambles with little money so I dont expect them to do anything in Europe. Plus they will want to focus on top 3 instead because they missed it this year. You need a deep roster for Europa League and they wont have one.

St. Etienne, they sell off every year and don't keep their team together (this year it will be Gradel and Tabanou) thus I dont expect them to do much. Also no killer in front of the net. Erding ? :eek:

Bordeaux I like because they wont lose anyone important plus they will add some good players(Gourcuff?) so I expect them to do pretty well. Well organized with good coaching.

Pandore and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    Paris SG lost to Barcelona in the quarter final
    AS Monaco lost to Juventus in the quarter final

Both Barcelona and Juventus are in the CL final, basically our teams lost out to the two best teams in the CL this season. :(

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I just realized Bordeaux have an excess of forwards. Rolan, Thelin, Diabate, Toure, Saviet, Sala, Jussie. Crivellii. Sala might be bought by another club and Crivelli might go on loan so no need to recruit at that position. Unless Rolan has a great Copa America and some club with money buys him then that would suck.

6. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    So AS Monaco will play Young Bouys from SUI, Bordeaux will play AEK Larnaca F.C, league runner-up from Cyprus and Saint-Etienne will play Târgu Mureș runner-ups from Romania. Call me a pessimist, while Monaco should be clear favorites I wouldn't be surprised to see both Bordeaux and Saint-Etienne lose (or at least one of them). They are facing the exact type of team that usually beats French ones in the qualifiers.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I expect Bordeaux and Monaco to win. I dont have any faith in St Etienne since every year they sell key players and replace them with weaker (cheaper) players. They lose Gradel and they are done.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Bordeaux lost both their RB's ( Mariano and Faubert) yeah no wonder why France sucks in Europe, too many players sold = no cohesion.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but thoses are easy replacements if they spend a little bit of money and get a striker too

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Faubert yes but Mariano was one of the better RB's in Ligue 1 since he got there IMO. I understand him wanting to make the move to a bigger club at age 29 but yeah it just shows you that a new stadium doesnt mean anything, Sevilla is still the bigger club. :devilish:

11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Any player movement with Asse they should take Europa seriously

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think they got a PS4.

had to wait long enough that there were some used ones on eBay.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Forget it, dude. Looks like they are about to lose their top prospect (Allan Saint-Maximin) also. This club has a great history but that doesnt mean anything in 2105. They are still stuck in the late 70- early 80's and have no idea how to grow in the modern football era. Having a jersey sponsorship with Le Coq Sportif means something in 2015 I guess but its still a French company and football is global now. D'oh.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Haha it actually gets worse for St. Etienne as they want to bring in Bahebeck on loan. He and Nolan Roux will tear up Ligue 1 and Europe. :ROFLMAO:

15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they can keep Bahebeck while he's there

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    . we gave them sanaa titraoui outright and all you drop in that beat up old hat les verts always have in front of them on the sidewalk is jean-eudes bahebeck???? on loan??? what a bunch of cheapskates!

DH-match-01-03-15-728.jpg

SportBoy333 repped this.
  17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Guillaume Hoarau got injured and will likely miss the first Champions league match.

[​IMG]

18. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    wrong finger.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nolan Roux = Pierre-Alain Frau

Roux - 29 g 101 app (Lille)
    Frau 29 g 119 app (Lille)

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Very nice away win. Halfway there. Kurzawa man of the match.
    Mario Pasalic, on loan from Chelsea looked really good. The big negative is Abdennour didnt play because he wants to go to Barca/Milan so they started old man Carlvalho in his place. If he leaves its a huge blow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ^^^

nice pics

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    farès in the background of one of them. I saw someone in the neighborhood with his ASM jersey. he's from right here, in mermoz, his first club was élan 8ème just a block from my house.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Moutinho contributed nicely. I thought he'd be gone by now but if he helps them qualify then great.