French Club to Support?

Discussion in 'France' started by MadridForLife, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    Re: I don't know, please tell me about OM!

Unfortunatley, the good is accompanied by the bad and yes PSG has a strange right wing group supporting the club -- not sure how this ever happened but this isn't a problem unique to PSG. There are several clubs in Europe and I'm talking big ones that seem to have that problem, we're not a Lazio by any means but we do have that problem. Kinda like the strange relative in the family.

Visit both cities if you get the chance, they're both beautiful and you'll have a great time. If you're into Hip-Hop, the scene in Marseille sets the tone for most of France, including Paris. The issue between the two cities has more to do with regions and culture. It's a North-South issue which is comparable to the rivalry between my hometown of Chicago and New York but on a much larger and non civil scale.

It's as simple as that. As I stated before, support a club who's style of play you enjoy watching.

2. gary_rb

gary_rb New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Rennes
    Fonsos: yeah you're probably right
    it's not all white or all black

btw nonda comes from my club (rennes) :)

3. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    Thanks. I couldn't remember where he started and I hope he returns to playing sooner than expected. Has been one of my favorite players since he burst on the scene.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WOW...Thanks Fonsos!

Now that's the kind of detailed explainations that I'm looking for. Well, I wish these clubs had English translations. It is down to PSG, OM, and Monaco. I like Cissie on Auxerre.

I will name some players and tell me where, how they developed in France and where did they play their best:

Henry...Monaco right
    Pires
    Desailly
    Vieira
    Trezeguet
    Zidane
    Petit

Thanks again. I am really excited about learning more about Le Football de France! You guys rock.

5. Tony the French

Feb 28, 2002
    French Rivieria
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The best team to support is : OM !!!

OM fans are the best in France and maybe in Europe !!!

ALLEZ L' OM !!!!!!!!!

6. Allez_Zizou

Allez_Zizou New Member

May 24, 2002
    Metro Fan in Boston
    And their fans can watch PSG progress now after PSG's 2-1 road victory and now five consective victories over L'OM.

7. JamboSteve

JamboSteve New Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Bordeaux for me. I was over there for the Bordeaux-Hearts UEFA cup game in November, they have brilliant fans who we got on with fantastically, and a beautiful city and stadium too. They've got a young midfielder called Pascal Feindouno who impressed me a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go far in the UEFA cup this year.

Allez Bordeaux :)

8. T'as oublié un truc:pARIS,PARIS,ON T'ENC...(censuré)

9. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Speaking of L'OM, did anyone catch that Bastia game yesterday? OMG, that was brutal.

10. T'inquiète,on va te montrer le vrai visage de l'OM jeudi soir à Anfield.
    Par contre,ton équipe favorite c'est Metrostars,pourquoi tu critique l'OM???
    Qui de connu a joué à Metrostars???

11. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    Pourquoi êtes-vous si sensible ? Qu'est arrivé à vous des types contre Bastia la nuit passée ? :O) Drogba continuera-t-il son acte de plongée chez Anfield ?
    ------

Why are you so sensitive?
    What happened to you guys last night against Bastia? (LOL) :O)
    Will Drogba continue diving at Anfield this week.

Fonsos
    Allez PSG

Fonsos
    Allez PSG

12. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Lothar Mathäus, effectivement.

Ici tu ne te fais pas des amis comme ca! Il a justement commenté sur ce qui est realité.. Bastia 4 - 1 Marseille. N'était-ca pas brutal pour toi aussi?!

13. Alors moi je vais te dire qui a joué à l'OM:
    Skoblar,Magnusson,Cantona,Giresse,Papin,Trésor,Desailly,Deschamps,Boli,Waddle,Voller,Laurent Blanc,Barthez,Ravanelli,Pirès,Dugarry,Angloma etc...

14. gary_rb

gary_rb New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Rennes
    casse toi t'es vraiment une bouze

15. RiverhoundsRule

RiverhoundsRule New Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Nick's Fat City
    I'm gonna butt in and ask: Why no love for Nantes? Is it their colors or something? They were the French club I was drawn to immediately. They're kind of difficult to follow because FSW hardly ever shows their games though. Paris and Marseille should be taken out of the running.

16. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Pele.

17. Eh fils de pute,fais gaffe comment tu me parles batard,évite de te la jouer derrière ton écran et va te branler devant un poster de Vairelles.

18. C'est peut etre pas Pelé mais ça fait un paquet de monde,tout en sachant que Pelé était en fin de carrière et que c'était pour faire connaitre aux Américains le foot qu'ils ne connaissaient pas(but commercial avant tout).

19. gary_rb

gary_rb New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Rennes
    mais pauvre debile le but ici c'est pas de venir pour envoyer chier les autres, d'ailleurs si c'est pour parler francais tu peux aller te branler le cerveau sur ton club sur un de leurs forums. en tous cas tu feras pas taire ceux qui pensent que la plupart des supporters de marseille sont des gros cons decerebres.

20. magic38

magic38 New Member

take it easy man.

21. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ok, stop the insults. When we wanted more posts on this board, that's not what was in mind.

---------------

Jamel Debouzze, le soccer se mondialise. Ton raisonnement est aussi faible qu'un américain qui rabaisserait le basket français.

Si tu savais quel bassin d'athelètes les USA ont... C'est dur de convaincre un jeune de continuer dans le football même si il a la passion pour ce sport. Bien plus facile de faire miroiter les salaires fou de la NFL ou la NBA à un jeune adolescent.

Laisse tomber les vulgarités et aide nous à créer un forum où les rivalités sont amicales.

---------------

Riverhounds, Nantes is a nice choice. Good to think outside the box. Don't worry games on TV go with the sucess of the club. Nantes are down right now, but a few years back, they were on quite often in their Championnat year.

For me, it's green all the way. St-Etienne, the legend is back next year*

*Disclaimer: they better beat Caen this weekend, if not their promotion bid hits a snag.

22. FCBasel1893

FCBasel1893 New Member

May 7, 2003
    Basel, Switzerland
    Allez St. Etienne!

I hope they get promoted.

23. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They will, they will... St-Etienne (2nd) just had a huge away win vs Amiens (3rd) last week. If they feed of this and beat Caen (in 4th) this weekend, then they'll be truly in the drivers seat with their match in hand.

By the way, here's my ideal First division (20 clubs)

1.St-Etienne
    2.Marseille
    3.PSG
    4.Auxerre
    5.Nantes
    6.Bordeaux
    7.Lens
    8.Toulouse
    9.Strasbourg
    10.Monaco
    11.Rennes
    12.Montpellier
    13.Sochaux
    14.Nice
    15.Lille
    16.Le Havre
    17.Lyon
    18.Any small club between Sedan, Guimgamp, Le Mans, Lorient, Laval or Clermont
    19.Racing Paris (or any other club for the capital)
    20.Reims (for historical reasons)

Any clubs I missed that are deserving???

24. RiverhoundsRule

RiverhoundsRule New Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Nick's Fat City
    Hey, since you're being helpful, maybe I can ask you a question about Nantes? :) Could you tell me a little more about their history? I know about their recent past, but since I can't speak French, it's hard to find out about them. I hope they finish the English version of their official site soon!

25. Vraiment les Rennais ont bien une grande gueule quand on me disait ça j'y croyais pas.
    Les Marseillais t'enculent au passage,va dire ça en face d'un Marseillais et tu vas voir.

Bon,l'affaire est close,moi je veux pas foutre le bazar mais qu'on y va molo car je ne me laisserai pas faire par qui que ce soit.
    On n'en parle plus.