French Abroad

Discussion in 'France' started by soccer krazy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That is sad, but it's hard to know who to blame, really. Gourcuff I think started off at Milan very well, saw him score in CL, though it is kinda hard to see him getting into the starting 11 now. To give Domenech credit, he does have a point when he said that Gourcuff would have done better to have stayed in L1 since he'd be an automatic starter. I'm thinking Milan will loan him out to a L1 outfit come winter.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Do you think Monaco could be one of those teams he could get loaned to ?

3. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well yes, if you believe the folks on asmforum.fr who've been mentioning it as an idea, though really, I don't know. It'd work out to the extent that his being cup-tied wouldn't affect us at all, but I don't think there's been any "official" talk about it, in other words, it's been more of a fan idea than one that Monaco management actually endorses/has thought of.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm thinking either him or Tiago on loan would be great.

5. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tiago especially. We have to have that tough guy with enough skill in midfield. We can certainly afford his wages if Bernardi leaves because I think Bernardi's at the end of a big contract. Don't know if it'll happen, though, Tiago hasn't been mentioned by anyone yet, though who knows. Though I hope that Ricardo has learned not to buy castoffs from OL anymore, such as Berthod. (Tiago's not a castoff as he was a starter.)

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    tiago him go porto. or maybe carry hod. alla same to me. me vote tiago=>juve number one savvy fellah career move alltime!

7. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think there was talk of a Tiago-Riquelme swap deal or "I'll trade this underachiever for yours."

8. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There are never swaps between great players. Pure fictions and rumors.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I saw a rumor that Mavuba could be headed to Serie A.(Fiorentina or Juventus)

10. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Those would be good clubs for him to go to, but I'm shocked Villareal don't have any use for him. Wonder if a Tiago-Mavuba swap is in the works.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Looks like Valenica are very interested in Didier Dechamps.

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What happened to qique sanchez flores? Looks like theyre in 4th place, not doing too bad. Ive only got to see them play once and they really didn't look that great. Has he fallen out of favor that quickly?

13. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't say I'm an expert on that matter, though it appears it was the way they were losing. I mean, losing to Rosenborg in the Champions League and then 3-0 in La Liga is unacceptable for a team of Valencia's quality, I would assume. They have had injury issues, though. And checking out their roster, they don't appear to have a decent left back on the books.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, he may still be better than mavuba or tiago on present form, but i don't think they could play him every week.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well Valenica are also being linked with Lippi and Mourinho. Its insane !

16. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey, it's a pretty good job to have.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Not really because you have a short leash.

18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Vikash should retire. While we're at it, Daniel Moriera should retire too. Whats he done lately besides nothing

20. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    What else is new ?

22. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I figured I'd post this here, as this is an under utlized thread especially considering how many french abroad we have. NICO wants out of Bolton. It's about time really. I know he wasn't too keen on the idea of moving clubs again so soon, but he has too much class for that team. He's wasting away there and is looking to move in the january window. He says he wants to go to a team in the Champs league, but it appears that Man City are very interested in him and is Erikssons number one goal. Apparently United and Chelsea have also shown interest.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I believe he'll go to Man City. Theres a strong possibility they will be in the champions league next year and that could entice him.

24. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    United ? They already have Tevez, Rooney, Saha. Do they use to play with one or two forwards ?

Chelski ? To replace Drogba and Kalou during the ANC ? Wow, Anelka will be happy to play 5 League matches next year.