Freedom v. Louisville

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by defensewins, Feb 11, 2004.

1. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
  2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    :D:D

Pauk ain't gonna like this...

EDIT

I notice that there is a link there for the press conference audio. Unfortunately my lame ass computer can't play audio. Anyone listen to this yet? Any talk on if this is gonna be the only "game" that the Freedom play this year (other than the festivals)? Any talk of the Freedom coming together for a mini-camp of some sort?

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I'm assuming that this hodge podge squad will get together prior to heading down to Rivertucky...but I wonder if this is strictly a volunteer thing or if the players will get paid?

4. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Volunteer insofar as no one has to go. I would assume their expenses are being covered, but beyond that I don't know. With 15 dollar a pop tickets and only a 3000 venue, they won't make a ton of money. However, according to the audio, the freedom will be in cincy the week before doing a "clinic/camp" and will play a game the following sunday, the sunday after the Fri game in Louisville. The venue or details were not provided, though last year, I believe they went to a Cincinnati high school and did something similar-they played the ladyhawks in an exhibition game, so you might want to check the ladyhawks website to keep up on this.

5. SunnyJah

SunnyJah New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    depends on the season
    oy. but hey! it's very exciting to have something to talk about... heather mitts and all...

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  7. GoFreedom

GoFreedom New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I have to wonder what kind of level of play these ladies will put on the field. Wambach and Mitts are the only ones that have played competitively, and the team will not have been together for 7 months. Not to mention practice time will be limited with most of the players holding down full time jobs.

I guess its just good news that they are playing together at all.

8. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see Jacqui on the roster, but what about Sky? What's she been up to lately?

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    The Twins were interviewed last fall I believe on DC 101 and IIRC one of them works in the area of interior designing or kitchen designing or something like that. I'll have to call my friend and ask if she remembers any of the interview.

Also in the interview, the Twins mentioned how they became aware that the league ended through emails and voice mails from friends.

10. east coaster

east coaster New Member

I think Schott can contribute here, she did have two game winning goals in exhibition games for the Freedom. The ladyhawks game she had the only goal scored. The other was a GWG against Carolina in exhib.Only playing a total of apprx. 90 min in reg. season games didn't give us a very good look at her. She must have something she was the only tryout field player the Freedom kept last year. I think she is in Grad. School at UC-Berkeley. I believe she has played for the Storm before and also for the Portland Riegn or rain? So anyone got a connection to the scoring in Vegas?

11. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    didn't she get hitched?

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  13. GoFreedom

GoFreedom New Member

Mar 24, 2002