Freedom v Courage Post Game [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by M9fanatic, Jul 31, 2002.

1. GoFreedom

GoFreedom New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Milburn could not have made the trip since you can only travel with 16 and Gabarra used all 4 of his subs. It is a shame that Beard did not go. I am sure she would have liked to contribute to the drubbing of her former team

2. FreedomFan526

FreedomFan526 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Virginia
    Someone asked who cleared the ball off the line - It was Skylar.

3. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    One more note that hasn't been mentioned yet - Mia's 80' goal wasn't just window dressing - it gave us the tiebreaker vs Carolina this season should we finish level on points (head2head GD favors us 7-6 thanks to the 3-goal win).

4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    14th or 16th minute...near sideline...Unni Lehn with the ball and Cook is coming in to challenge her...Cook plants and collides with Lehn...Cook goes down but Lehn stays up.

5. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late response: I was actually at the game (with my parents) and then at my parents' house (they have a computer, but it's an old, slow one, and I can eat a sandwich in the time it takes to bring up a page of Bigsoccer messages).

My father tried to console me at halftime, expressing his regrets that the Freedom weren't doing that well. I wasn't too concerned: we'd had our chances and seemed to be working well, and of course we had that old #9 coming in as a super-sub. But I was not expecting my equanimity to be rewarded quite so richly. Boy, I was hoping for a big game from just one of our forwards, and we got one from each of them! Just hope we left something for Atlanta - we may need it.

My girl Carrie seemed to do her usual job on Prinz - when Prinz scored it was actually Skylar marking her, not Carrie. I'll have to look at the tape and see if I can figure out why that happened.

Anyhow, great game, and let's see if we can lock up a home playoff spot after all!

P.S. The game was supposedly a shutout, but there were clearly numerous empty seats in evidence.