"Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich"

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Goodsport, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

The sequel to one of last year's sleeper hits has been officially announced. It should hit stores in early-2004. :cool:

You can read about the announcement at:

You can also view some artwork from the sequel here. :)

-G

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can read the latest interview with Ken Levine (General Manager and Creative Director of Irrational Games) regarding this sequel here. :cool:

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this recent interview, Irrational Games has decided to publish the sequel itself instead of having Electronic Arts publish it as they did with the first game. :eek:

It also seems that it's release date has been pushed back from early this year to later this year. :(

-G

4. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first one was fun but very short. I hope this one takes more than a couple of hours to finish. It would be nice if they could release an editor to let people make their own campaigns.

Now we need a good superhero game in which you get to be a bad guy. FF and the new online one (City of Heroes or whatever it is called) don't allow you to embrace your inner villain and launch nefarious plots for world domination. Bwahaha...

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FF probably won't have playable villians, but City of Heroes might (not initially, though). Bwahaha... :D

Also, you can read another interview with Ken Levine here, as well as view new screenshots. :)

-G

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I posted here, I've finally finished the first game. :)

I'm now ready for this one! :cool:

-G

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the new official FFvTTR page here, as well as the new official Freedom Force site here. :cool:

Also, check out the game's latest preview at IGN.com :) , though it seems that the release date has been pushed back yet again... this time to March 2005. :(

-G

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to EBGames.com, this game is scheduled for shipment on March 8th, which means that it should reach stores by March 9th.

Also, don't forget to pick up the recently-released Issue #1 of the new Freedom Force six-issue comic book miniseries. :cool:

-G

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The demo is now available. :)

-G

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The retail version of the game is due to hit stores today. :D

-G

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. I'm very interested! AS soon as I'm able to upgrade my machine.

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget to play the first game beforehand. ;)

-G

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As with the first game, I took a haitus for a while due to other reasons (not to boredom or disinterest), but I lately started playing FFvTTR again and have just recently finished the singleplayer campaign. It was awesome! :D

While somewhat shorter than the singleplayer campaign in the first game, it seemed to have a tighter story that cleverly introduced some Golden Age superheroes into the mix (it also must've helped that the majority of Freedom Force didn't need to be introduced to us this time around).

Overall, I was very pleased, though I hope that there'll soon be a third installment so that we won't be waiting indefinitely for the cliffhanger's resolution. :)

-G

14. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I bought this game sometime in the summer... I was able to pick it up from the $10 bin from Circuit City. I played the first, and I enjoyed it alot. But I havent tried this one yet. I may have to install the puppy come January 1st.

As with the first one, i'm sure there are tons of add-ons. Do you know any good websites that you can download different types of costumes, things like that?

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you enjoyed the first, you'll definitely enjoy the second. :D

I know that there are for the first game, but I'm not yet sure if there are for the second. I heard that while most of the sustom meshes and skins for the first will work for the second second, some may need some conversion.

So far, the only custom add-ons I could find were at Fundament Zerro and Freedom Force Productions, but I'm sure that more will pop up eventually. :)

-G