Fredy Montero - part II

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by GOALSeattle, Feb 3, 2009.

1. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Bien por Montero. Ojala haga muchos goles pa que se valla de hay, bueno ojala no termine en Mexico, que se valla directito pa Europa

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Montero solo necesita un ano en MLS solo para recibir la publicidad que el no puede recibir si queda en Colombia.

Ojala que el esta en La Liga en 2010!

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    r u on dope.... u think that he has a better shot getting to spain from US????

who has the MLS sold to Spain?? Jozy was all about publicity !!! 10 million to loan him to a 2nd div team that doesnt play him and praying he can get out of that loan to go to another 2nd div team

Montero is in the MLS because Seattle had money and pay in cash. Montero also has a decent shot at going to Scottland or 2nd div England playing in the MLS which colombia doesnt have that media looking at us

but Going to Spain,Italy or France..... u cant say MLS is better at placing their players there than we are

as for the game so far has been great..... Seatle is def way better than New York and it shows what money will do...

2nd GOAL !!!!!! by MOntero

4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No si lo estas viendo, Pipe, pero los comentaristas estan encantados con Montero. Se ve un jugador de otra clase.

Acaba de marcar un GOLAZO. Robo la pelota, deja atras al marcador, quiebre de cintura para perder al arquero, y luego la manda al rincon del arco intajable.

Dos goles y una asistencia. Llamelo Lara.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Incredible goal! He is having the impact JPA had during his first season in the MLS, and even last season too!

He is the real deal, he can shoot, pass, gambetear, hes fast... i see him getting offers freom the EPL very soon.... But dont think MLS will let him go unless they pay $$$$$ during the summer transfer window.

Incredible talent!!!

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also let me add, this rough play isnt phasing him, he is holding his own, and this is only a good thing. This very well could teach him how to survive in the EPL..... i dont like the league as much as italy or spain, but they pay $$$ and they are considered the best league in the world. :rolleyes:

7. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian -

can't diss me for wishful thinking - come on man...

I just hope Montero ends up somewhere in Europe where he can start and be a good addition to his team - like Rodallega is slowly doing for Wigan.

I am just impressed overall by the fans and the atmosphere in Seattle. I even saw someone in the crowd waving a Colombian flag - wow!!

8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh dear. You just answered your own question, Crazy. If you think MLS can sell a player for $10MM on sheer publicity, then logic would follow that it knows what it is doing.

I'm not saying its any better as a league than the Mustang, or better at selling players, but your own example completely contradicts the point you're trying to make.

BTW, this is a very entertaining and well played game for a season opener. Having just watched the River-Nacional Libertadores game, I have to say, the distances (while significant) continue to shorten.

9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was more impressed when Montero took off his glove and kissed the Colombian flag bracelet he was wearing on his wrist.

Class.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Jozy Altidore got sold because of his scoring in the U20 WC, hes tall, strong, fast, and can score. Everything the world game is looking for right now. I think if Freddy can keep this up and win the golden boot at the end of the season, he very well could get very good offers like higher up teams like villareal, Atl. Madrid, or Sevilla compared to his offer from Real Betis. Same can be said to comparable teams in the EPL, or a team signing him to make him their star over there. Cant say much on EPL as i dont really know the comparable teams as i dont watch much of it. But yea.

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was watching both games too, but I was more focused on the Sounders game b/c we all know what Falcao is capable of and we just saw Montero create a bigger fan base tonight. Hopefully this is the start of something good!

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seattle plays against Chelsea if he scores a hat trick h will make it :D

either way this is the move the MLS needs to get players like freddy montero (150 grand) and hurtado(40 grand)

not expensive hasbins

13. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City

Si lo estaba viendo.
    pero ya me raye, cerre la ventana y hace gol no jodaaaaaa.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Seriously, i have NO idea how they got this kid, how they got him under the salary cap.

Right now he is garunteed to make 155k this year..... :eek:

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/3_15_09_salary_info_alpha.pdf

All players salaries as per their union gets made public.

But with that said, i talked to DC Uniteds President and i asked him why didnt he get comparable bolivian(but not as talented) forward to be the next big bolivian thing in washington, his answer.... they asked too much for him! :eek:

I know business men that are involved in seattle own his player pass, but are they giving him money under the table? Presents like cars, a free house maybe???

How is he here ONLY for 155k???

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    150 tho is alot .... I am from Ct which is kind of a rich state and my dad makes that being an engineer and we live very well. In the US players make way to much money but that in Colombia is alot as well in the MLS.

16. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    well montero shows what was expected of him. he aint no prospect, he is the real deal and he is well known already furnacio. i still think he should had already went to europe or argentina, brasil. mls will keep his confidence up at least scoring bunch of goals. what i dont like is that lara might not call him just cause he is playing in mls...

i feel sorry for angel. he has no one up. no good crosses no good passes no nothing.

17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Up until now Montero was well known in Colombia and amongst Colombian supporters here in the States. Now he is going to have a 2ndary fan base here in the States. I think that is a true statement, don't you think???

My only concern for Montero is that he doesn't pick up any bad habits here that would stunt his growth as a player should he go to Europe in the future...

18. andaos

andaos New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    yeah bt no one here gives a crap about futbol jeje... i mean they have a fan base but not big. i go to my school and noone noone talks about mls. only thing here is mexicans talk about liga mexicana only and how is the most popular and best in the world....

19. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    I think Rojas is being misused because from what we saw of him in Colombia, he's a much better player.

20. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rojas is getting old, but yes he was misused in this game. hope Angel picks it up, he was very frustrated.

21. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truth! I looked back at some of the challenges put on him, especially as they crowded him. That kid hardly fell or dove down, EVEN WHEN HE WAS HACKED! NY is known for their thuggery at times, but the kid didn't let slippery turf or hacks stop his mentality to progress the ball. Also watching his strides with the ball reminds me sort of Milan's Pato.

22. astheworldburns

astheworldburns New Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Altidore being sold to Villarreal was by NO MEANS a publicity stunt. Altidore has the potential to be the real deal. Unfortunately, he got unlucky with his loan situation and I hope he gets out of it soon because he has a world of potential just waiting to be unlocked.

At any rate, Montero will get a lot of publicity from being in MLS. European scouts scout MLS players. If he keeps playing this well, for sure, a big team will come knocking on Seattle's door. It's just as likely like in Colombia. Not saying it will be more then in Colombia, but I really think, if Montero keeps up playing this way, and Seattle keeps being this popular, I think he might evolve into a real star in the United States, or at least the Pacific Northwest. He has all the ingredients to be a star. Young, talented, and in a great market.

23. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm on these board everyday, you should'nt try to explain that at 19 Jozy is good and has ridiculous potential or that the MLS is any good.

Definetly dont expect much from CRZD he thinks clubs buy players to sell jerseys :rolleyes:

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    never once said Jozy wasnt good but worth 10 millions !!! no he is not

Jozy is actually my fav american player, but the fact that he had like a 1/7 of Angels goals in NY and was worth that much is a joke

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dude, he tore up the U20 WC, where similar world talents didnt do as well.

He meritted the 10 million, maybe more if he was brazilian!