Fred's '' penalty ''

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by little airplane, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can accept that the referee made a mistake and I can accept (begrudgingly) that there's no replay mechanism to deal with this, because you don't want to interrupt the flow of the game, yada yada. But can't you still punish Fred after the fact for this blatant dive? He should be suspended for a game in light of this video evidence. If he had punched somebody they'd have done that, right?

2. tzachi

tzachi New Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Club:
    Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona
    snorka the amazing oracle pug who has 100% succses so far in the euroleage basketball games and in the first world cup game knows the reasults of the next 2 games.. watch it now

jerrito repped this.
  3. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    After seeing yesterday's game and realizing how hard it will be to get Brazil to the semifinals, Sepp Blatter is in talks with Byron Moreno, trying to bring him out of "retirement".

[​IMG]

ctruppi, jerrito and Christina99 repped this.
  4. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar

Stats? Have you ever watched football? Atletico de Madrid won La Liga and got to CL final by consistently losing the stats battle.

Maybe you weren't watching the Croatia game but it was not an inevitability that Croatia were going to lose. Sure Brazil looked more dangerous in general but it's not like Pletikosa was under siege. I still thought Brazil would find a way to score, but I also thought that if Croatia continued defending the way they were doing they had a decent chance at a draw. That's why we play the game for the players to decide outcomes not referees.

ctruppi and jerrito repped this.
  5. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    LOL ... The Byron Moreno that got caught trying to smuggle 6 kilos of heroin from Ecuador into USA? No way FIFA refs are corruptable ...

ctruppi repped this.
  6. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

The EPL will one day be at the level of the top leagues in the world and their refs should be able to officiate at the top level.

ctruppi and celito repped this.
  7. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    totally agree with you. And that would help to make divers THINK before diving.

jerrito repped this.
  8. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    laughable. 1 forgotten PK? What are you talking about?? Find me a video of it.

and the disallowed goal was totally right to be disallowed. CLEAR, CLEAR foul on Julio Cesar.

9. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Batoteiros.

10. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    In theory I agree, but it's very hard to implement punishments for dives. The problem is that people always want to punish the player that dives and a referee makes the mistake of believing it. The players that dive with no whistle usually get overlooked. This creates an unfair punishment system that's not based on the specific player's actions, but more on the controversy that ensues if the ref falls for it

11. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    whatever that means...

12. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
    #112 ctruppi, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    3 things:

-anyone who is spouting off statistics to show how much Brazil "deserved" to win have no business getting anywhere near a soccer forum. The fact that Brazil had more shots and possession is EXACTLY how Croatia planned the game. If you don't understand that, then there's nothing anyone can say to help you.

-diving could be fixed tomorrow, especially for a short tourney like WC or Euros. Anyone diving anywhere on the field suspended for remainder of tourney, period based on video evidence. If your team is awarded a pk (score or not) from diving, then not only are you suspended, but your team can not replace you in the lineup for the remainder of the tourney - let's call this an extended red card. This would put pressure on players from coaches, players and fans alike. Imagine the vitriol hurled at Fred today if Brazil had to play the rest of the tourney a man down. Make true villains of these guys and it will stop. Right now, everyone hates it, except for the team who is rewarded for diving; which brings me to the last point

-Brazil, you've been the envy of the soccer world for decades. We love your soccer teams and skill. We love the joy of your fans. Since Confed Cup last summer, there's been a sneaky suspicion amongst soccer fans that you are getting way too much preferential treatment. Be happy your team wins (as any one would), but have some humility in admitting when your opponent was wronged. If Brazil keep getting this favouritism AND you fans act like we're all crazy for pointing it out, it won't end well for you. Trust me, I'm italian (who has been disgusted with my countries behavior in the past) and I know what it's like to have every other country hate you when it comes to soccer. It's not cool and you never, ever get the benefit of the doubt going forward.

Nicola777, Beerking and rickumali repped this.
  13. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Lol the only foul was JC mot even being able to grasp that ball. No way should that have been a foul, olic didn't ram into and knock the back out. Jc couldn't even grab it.

14. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
    Don't forget the Scottish ref who admitted he saw Frings' handball on the goal line in USA v Germany '02, but couldn't call it because it was "unintentional" and then proceeded to make a PK call in the exact situation in a league game a couple months later!

15. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
    The GK is a regular player according to LOG not granted any specific, special treatment. If that was a foul by Olic anywhere on the field against any other non-GK opponent, then it is a foul vs JC. If you think that was a foul by Olic at midfield, then anytime a player jumps "towards" a ball to head it (as opposed to a stationary jump) it is a foul, which is clearly ridiculous. Not one Brazilian player even raised their hand in protest as JC hit the ground. The linesman, 35 yards away made the call. Even if it was 50/50 call, in light of the fact that you just awarded a soft pk, then you have to let that go.

16. magisterlucius

Nov 10, 2003
    Roseburg, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #116 magisterlucius, Jun 13, 2014
    I used to cringe every time I saw Italy play and I always rooted for the opponent but that all changed @Euro12. Italy was fantastic in that tourney and I hope they will show that kind of play in Brazil. I have always admired Brazil and the unparalleled ball skills a lot of their players possess and I would hate to feel about Brazil they way I used to about Italy. There is no joy and beauty in a perfidious victory.

17. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #117 AcesHigh, Jun 13, 2014
    what is trully ridiculous is your interpretation of the laws of the game, because YES, it IS considered a foul in midfield when a player stands in his place to head a ball and another player comes FLYING TOWARDS him to head the ball and knocks him on the ground.

you see that ALL THE TIME in matches... two different situations... when both players are disputing the ball is one thing, but in a similar situation to Julio Cesar vs Olic, when it´s in the midfield... one player preparing to head a ball and another one comes RUNNING flies in the air and KNOCKS that player before even touching the ball...

THAT´S A FOUL! In the midfield!!!

It seems clear that people are putting their bias against Brazil (maybe because of Fred´s bogus penalty) over the LOG! Or maybe they just don´t know the LOG.

FiveXChampion repped this.
  18. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #118 FiveXChampion, Jun 13, 2014
    Hmmmm... Let me think>> 5 times WC champion Brazil playing at home was so afraid of a nation that had never scored a single goal whatsoever (and still hasn't) in a world cup that it had to buy a referee from a country notable for its honor and honesty to help win a game every person with the slightest knowledge of soccer knew it was an easy victory.

It was just like wrestling. Everything was arranged. The hardest part was the own goal. Marcelo spent weeks with the Croatian team training to get the ball tangled on his feet.

Truth is, Neymar and Oscar are extraterrestrial reptilians sent by the Illuminati to win this World Cup. Such skills can't be human. ;)

[​IMG]

JoseEmidio repped this.
  19. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm a la liga and Real Madrid supporter and yes I saw Athletico play all season and honestly they won ugly. But who won the CL oh that's right the better team maybe it is you who should open your eyes. Brazil was significantly one bad call doesn't negate that fact stop being a prisoner of the moment there are always bad calls in all major,sporting events so fans with victim hood mentality like yourself can whine and cry.

20. magisterlucius

Nov 10, 2003
    Roseburg, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha! Perhaps Neymar and Oscar are extraterrestrial reptilians but where did that defence come from Transylvania? They certainly looked to be afraid of crosses and a couple of wooden stakes made them very vulnerable to counter-attacks.

21. Lionel64

Lionel64 New Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #121 Lionel64, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    What can i say... Nothing. Useless I think. Political and financial interests are spoiling my sport...[personal attack removed by moderator: not allowed in this forum]

22. Nicola777

Nicola777 Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Croatia was 3rd of the world cup in 98..is only in fifa since 20 years and comes from an ex country that had already 2 world cup semi finals.....we're not brazil but thanks, and yea you needed referee calls to beat this nation that is nothing in football...

RMSocrates repped this.
  23. magisterlucius

Nov 10, 2003
    Roseburg, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why did you have to bring up the heartbreak of '98. Germans remember well this nobody team from the country formally known as Yugoslavia. Not that Germany as ever won anything. One has to just smile at such arrogance and the ignorance that goes hand in hand with it.

RMSocrates and Nicola777 repped this.
  24. Nicola777

Nicola777 Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I smiled, replied and smiled again :laugh:

25. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    sorry, but the blindness is on the side of those who, because they wanted Brazil to lose OR because they got (rightfully so) angry with Fred´s pathetic dive, think the clear fouling charge against Julio Cesar was not a faul.

Btw, nobody still has said what was this PK that should go in Croatia's way. Saw some people talking about it, but nobody showed anything.