Freddy Adu's progress

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by pvanvoor, Mar 23, 2005.

1. pvanvoor

pvanvoor New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Mclean VA
    Soccer Fans,

Okay time to be real here, I think that the MLS promoted Adu with way too much hype. Yes he is a very talented player with a great future, BUT he is not the "Second Coming" of soccer as the American media made him out to be. If you look at Michael Owen & Wayne Rooney their level at age 16 was stronger than Adu's in my opinion, even though Freddy is just 15. For Adu to really become a power house in soccer he will need to signaficantly become stronger & and faster.

Let's look at Sean Wright-Phillips from Manchester city same size as Adu, okay he is older at 23, but he is super quick and darts around deffenders extremely easily. I"m not sure if Adu will have that type of speed & strength when he is in his 20's, let's hope so.

Hats of to Adu who is very charismatic along with his maturity and yes his skill is probably what made him the highest paid player in the MLS. It will be very interesting to see how much he will develop and when he will make the jump abroad to Europe.

2. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    I think this year will tell the tale. The first year was just get used to the speed of play and a learning experience.

I am glad they hype him this year for the future young players with talent. Gave them something to aspire to reach.

I think he should have a pretty good year this year to prepare him for working with the national team at the end of the current year and in the next year.

So only time will tell.