Freddy Adu on Cold Pizza Again

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by redalert101, Jan 15, 2004.

1. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    Freddy adu made his second appearance on cold pizza on espn 2 today. he humiliated jay crawford in a ping pong match for the celebraty challenge thing. all jay kept saying was that if freddys soccer career bombed he could see freddy becoming a ping pong pro and maybe winning some celebrity ping pong matches.

2. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    All Adu, all the time.

3. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Good for Freddy that he's getting some more publicity. It's just too bad that Cold Pizza is the most Godawful thing to reach the airwaves since The Magic Hour.

4. kidkicker

kidkicker Member

United States
    Aug 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have any idea what time he was on? I think they rerun the 7-9AM show right after it from 9-11AM.

5. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Cold Pizza the worst!!!!!!!!

It is one of the absolute worst shows I have ever seen. The personalities on the show are so irritating and I can't even watch the show for 2 minutes without turning the channel.

How is it doing in the ratings?

6. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    It is a terrible show........but good that Freddy was on. I couldn't believe when the girl interviewing him asked 'you mean you have to try out for the Olympics?'. Was she joking or what?! FYI...He was on TRL yesterday.

7. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    when adu asked jay crawford who the last three world cup winners were he didnt even know. all he said was " they were good though." he doesn't know who won the world cup but if you asked him who the backup power foward for the raptors is he would not have a problem answering

8. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    did he say that to make the guy look like a jackass?

9. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    okay, I'm watching the show now, and these guys are jackasses. this show is not bordering on the unwatchable, it's gone on a full blitzkreig and annexed unwatchable.

10. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    That guy doesn't need anymore help to look like one... he's a jackass on a daily basis.

11. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    The fact that Adu was on two consecutive days tells me that Cold Pizza has the production values of Regis & Kelly/Kathie Lee or the NBC Olympics. "Plausibly live."

12. jeffmefun

jeffmefun Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Quakeland, CA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy did very well responding to the semi-controlled lunacy of this show. Those people are buffoons, but Freddy handled it very well, I thought.

13. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    On their website http://www.coldpizza.tv/ they actually have an icon you can click on "be on the show."

I guess Freddy's agent is web savy.

14. isaac101

isaac101 New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Bethesda, MD
    More Adu for all you.....A USA Today article describing Freddy's media obligations over the past view days. He's a busy boy.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/mls/2004-01-15-freddy-adu-media-blitz_x.htm

Some of the more interesting parts:

"Despite having secured contracts worth millions of dollars from the MLS, Nike and Pepsi, Adu was up late Tuesday cramming for four high school exams — after an hours-long magazine photo shoot. His Wednesday schedule was even tougher: another photo shoot for Interview magazine at 10 a.m., followed by another session for Vanity Fair at noon. In the afternoon, he'll make a live appearance on MTV's popular Total Request Live show."

"Adu went to Nike's media class, but after just 90 minutes, his instructors realized there was little more they could teach him. Class dismissed."

When did Freddy sign with Pepsi? I missed that.

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just watched it. Who are those morons hosting the show? The cringe factor was a 9.5....

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just watched it. Who are those morons hosting the show? The cringe factor was a 9.5....

17. stanleyt

stanleyt Member

Dec 7, 1998
    Harlem, USA
    Damn, not "The Magic Hour!"

Yeah, even the substantive stuff had most of the guests carrying the conversations.

Adu gets better and better each time he's on TV. Maybe MLS should use him to discuss the player's salary disclosure controversy.

18. pokemoncards

pokemoncards New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    it wasn't so bad, all morning shows have that silliness to them

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thank God I'm usually at work every morning. I took a few days off and I see what you mean. I've always said daytime tv is the cure for cancer. I'd have to be on my deathbed to stay home and watch that crap. I'm out.....

20. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

No. Morning TV is cringeworthy, but Cold Pizza takes it to another level. In a few years I imagine people will mention it in the same breath as The Chevy Chase Show and The Magic Hour.

21. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    I think it's great for the sport of Freddy to be on this publicity tour, but am I the only one who doesn't really like Freddy is spending his time on such crappy shows... TRL and Cold Pizza... that can't be good for anyone’s career.

Actually, on a more serious side, I'd rather have Freddy focusing on school and soccer right now than to have him meet his Nike obligations... at some point this is going to become a distraction from the game.

Can you imagine what Hristo would have to say about a 14 year old kid who is tossed all this fame and fortune before he's played 1 second of a professional game?

22. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there any road rules fans out there who recognized Kat from the first season of the show? Looks like she worked herself into another winner of a show.
    I saw about 5 minutes of the show at 8 am. They were moving from one segment with Freddy into another one.
    The reaction the hosts had to Freddy made me think of something. As he meets these various tv people around the country is he going to make them interested in soccer? If so, I can see the Freddy impact on MLS being that famous people want to come to games. It will turn into the vogue sport to be seen at. It will be interesting to see who shows up at the United matches in LA and New York to see what Freddy's star power does.

23. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    i agree with bonji fully. star poweer yah

24. Soulphish

Soulphish Member

Dec 2, 2001
    West Virginia
    cold pizza

normally, the show isn't have bad if they have thea or the other girl (not kit) doing the talking. it only runs into problems when the mic is left in the hands of jay and kit. which sadly seems to be 99% of the time.

when the girl asked about "trying out" for the olympics, she probably thought that the olympic team was hand picked, ala the basketball team...

i think the problem with the show is that they don't have a blueprint to go from, since there has never been a 2 hour AM sports/talk live show. Their segments with darryl dawkins/the videogame guys/dawn the sex expert/gadget girl are pretty cool most of the time....as is the 7th inning stretch and halftime reports....

hell, it is better than anything else that is on at that time of the day because you can only watch sportscenter 5 times in a row before you start going crazy...

25. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina
    --Kit Hoover scares me. Her head in particular. She reminds me a little of Betty Boop, a big, cube-like head on top of a too-small body.