Freakin Lyon is blaming it's failures on French footie

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by Robdog, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    When I read this, I could not believe it. Maybe they should have not sold some of the skilled players, Like a Mr. Michael Essien, or even Ben Arfa. I really hope & pray to God that Lyon doesn't win the title again. I would even take psg (who really stink) as champs.

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm not a OL apologist but Aulas is right. The high tax system in France doesnt allow them to pay players as much as they are paid in Spain and England. An Essien left because Chelsea offer him lot more money than what Lyon can pay. How can you keep a player like that when a team with near unlimited funds comes calling. Ben Arfa is inconsistant at best and a bad locker room guy losing him was no big loss. That being said, Puel did recruit real badly last summer and needs to recruit smarter and better from now on. The problem is that OL and Aulas are hated in France so when he makes comments like this a lot of people are not very sympathetic.

3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes yes yes i think lyon will win the ligue 1 this year ....but i thinks its the last title that they will win at least for a while unless psg wins everything.......

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Its true that the French clubs have a hard time competing but its not just France that needs to change. UEFA needs to clamp down on the other leagues that are unscrupulous and raising funds with corrupt billionaire owners and by putting the clubs into debt in order to buy the best players in the world. The French system is a lot more honest after all.

5. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Agreed 100%.

When any club can make debts to buy players,why any other club must pay it right? Seems nonsense.

UEFA,not FFF,needs to see that clubs who work OK with their cash can't do the same things as some clubs who get 500 million from a obscure bank and stay in red because thier govern don't care about that.

6. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    alaus does have point, high taxes plus the fact that french clubs don't t own their stadiums (owned by city counsel) that can generate more income means less money for clubs. mismanagement

france is so much behind in football business area, until they realize they need to be run as businesses not some loved local historical club they will never be up to english or italian clubs

7. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    here is a new ITW of Aulas, where he (again) reject the fault on french football ( hey man , go and play in calcio if u want ^^)....disgusting

Aulas ITW