PBP: Fraser #4 - Deja Vu? Fraser takes on Vermes, as the Rapids visit the "Blue Hell" 9/21 @ 6:30pm MT

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by TheWarmBurger, Sep 20, 2019.

?

Final Result Predictions?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2019.
  1. Rapids blow out SKC ala LA Galaxy style - winning by at least 3 goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rapids win by 2 goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rapids win by 1 goal

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Ugly slugfest ending 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tie game, but the ball actually hits the back of the net

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. SKC wins by a goal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SKC wins by 2 goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blue hell is real... SKC blows us out of the water, winning by at least 3 goals

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Wow

That defender had a great reaction. How did he move so fast? He really did look like he got shot.
    That would have been a penalty kick if he hadn’t scored on that fantastic bicycle kick.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all the talk about how great Abubakar has been, his lack of awareness and effort on both KC goals tonight shows why he was seen as expendable by Columbus. He's still an upgrade on anything we've had this year, but he's not going to be on any all-league XI any time soon.

SccrDon repped this.
  3. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    These half effort passes are going to be the death of me.

4. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    I feel as though he has made a couple really good plays defensively to start that would have otherwise allowed sporting opportunities on net. He’s also playing pretty well pushed up - minus that one awkward moment at the top of the box.

5. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    They need to capitalize on this corner with sporting down to 9 men.

6. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be sweet if they left EPL also. Shit group. Can you imagine a serious ownership group that doesnt get their product on TV? His wife's Walmart money has elevated a moron to a position of power.

If you are little Stan, you have one job: secure a TV contract. Well, that didnt get done.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    What a shot and pass.

9. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    What a goal!!

10. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hunh. By whom? I suppose I could track this on line like I do with Serie "B" games. The Rapids, currently in Denver, have all the presence of that Glendale Rugby team. (But the Rugby team has a better stadium).
    I do not care about what kind of dust up lil Stan is having with Comcast. Fix it. This is bush league.

11. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    Smith had a really nice header.

Sports Yak and Deep Wilcox repped this.
  12. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    How many road wins did Hudson have? Fraser is rapidly approaching his tally already, I'd assume.

JasonMa repped this.
  13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice comeback Rapids! Hey Benny, how's that championship looking?

14. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two double digit goal scorers, double digit assist man, coming back from 2-0 to win.

I like this, but the cynic in me is disappointed that I have hope for next season.

Rod1916, 22SteveD, AlbertCamus and 2 others repped this.
  15. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cant watch the Raps. So I am watching Toronto / LAFC. Jozy Altidore doesnt look total shit like he does with the NATS. "Sponge Bob Square Pass" looks as anemic as he does with the NATS. BTW, its 1-0 Toronto.

16. Deep Wilcox

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How'd the Raps do? I don't know, because Stan and Comcast are having a little argument. But, I will say, watching Toronto play is kind of fun. I get Canadian commercials. Its like a whole'nother country.

If I had to choose between Canada, and lil Stan's downtown condo; I would move to Toronto

FtCollins repped this.
  17. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So . . . apparently the Rapids played somebody somewhere and won 3-2 in a match nobody could watch. Here are the stats nobody cares about for a team that effectively currently exists only in cyberspace.

Bodmer Line: 4/2 = 2.000 PPG (points needed to snag last playoff spot at 43 point average divided by games remaining). Unlikely. As of today, 44 is the new 43.

Kroenke Line: no longer in play. (Maximum points that can be earned to win the average Wooden Spoon at just over 26 points).

Hudson Line: no longer in play. (PPG needed to become the worst team in MLS history.) The record is 16 points, still held by D.C. United (3-24-7 in 2013). All teams are over 16 points now.

Rapids: 11-15-6, with 39 points in 32 matches = 1.219 PPG, on pace for 41.4 points for the season, after completing the worst first third of a season (2 points) in MLS history.

Rapids: surrendering 1.875 goals per match (60 goals in 32 matches) on pace to surrender 63.8 goals for the season. Breaking the MLS record no longer is in play. The current MLS record is 74 goals allowed (Orlando City, 2018 and tied by FC Cincinnati in 2019).

Coaching comparison:
    Hudson: 0-7-2, 2 points, 0.181 PPG in 9 matches. 12 GF (1.333 avg), 24 GA (2.667 avg), Diff = -12
    Casey: 7-7-4, 25 points, 1.389 PPG in 18 matches. 31 GF (1.722 avg), 30 GA (1.667 avg), Diff = +1
    Fraser: 4-1-0, 12 points, 2.400 PPG in 5 matches. 11 GF (2.200 avg), 6 GA (1.200 avg), Diff = +5

Never forget: Hudson’s all-time Rapids MLS regular season record: 43 matches as head coach, 8-26-9 record, 0.767 PPG; 48 GF (1.116 avg), 87 GA (2.023 avg), -39 differential.

18. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sounds like it was good. Wish it could have seen it.

19. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    AlbertCamus repped this.
  20. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Not surprises me this season with the Rapids and their victories. Nothing. They work hard and smart and have developed tremendous camaraderie despite having their third head coach and not having a realistic shot at the playoffs since July or so. Additionally, they have a style and a plan that suits the players very well.

On the highlights it looked like the player marking Kamara on his goal could have been called for a PK given the amount of holding as Kei was preparing to receive the ball.

Can't wait to watch them v FC Dallas next Sunday! They are an inspiration!

Oh, and I hit the sports fan trifecta tonight. Rapids win, CU soccer wins and CU football has a courageous first ever win in Tempe!

21. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 14, 2009
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sports broadcast situation will continue to change and it's difficult to predict how things will play out after 2022. The Mouse is caught between a rock and a hard place because they don't want to make it easier for the cord cutters but at the same time they can see where things are going. In a couple years, it's possible that the majority of all programming will be received through online services.

Perhaps a network like Amazon or Netflix will be want to get into sports. They have the money and the bandwidth. Tivo and Facebook have toyed with the concept. And if an organization wanted to add sports, soccer would be a logical place to start because their rights are cheaper. Maybe SUM could tie together MLS, the national teams, and the women's league. Whatever happens, it's gonna be interesting.

22. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in Overland Park at a tournament with one of my teams and we went to the game last night. Let me just tell you....Children’s Mercy Park went completely silent after the Rubio goal. Silent. You could a pin drop. All 19K. Two former SKC players came back to haunt them. Love that rubio didn’t hold a celebration back after scoring. Seeing that and the Rapids winning was worth the price of admission.

I don’t know what it looked like on TV but Kamara was absolutely being man handled on his goal. Bear hugged, pushed, fist full of shirt...clear as day....how the hell he managed to score a beauty of an overhead kick is beyond me.

SccrDon, AlbertCamus, Rod1916 and 3 others repped this.
  23. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    neither do we.

fortcollins, DavidJames, SccrDon and 6 others repped this.
  24. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Tommy Smith with an excellent assist on Rubio's goal and a towering header for the win on another Jack Price assist. Good stuff.

FtCollins repped this.
  25. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    If anyone wants a stream next week let me know.