PBP: Fraser #4 - Deja Vu? Fraser takes on Vermes, as the Rapids visit the "Blue Hell" 9/21 @ 6:30pm MT

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by TheWarmBurger, Sep 20, 2019.

?

Final Result Predictions?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2019.
  1. Rapids blow out SKC ala LA Galaxy style - winning by at least 3 goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rapids win by 2 goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rapids win by 1 goal

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Ugly slugfest ending 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tie game, but the ball actually hits the back of the net

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. SKC wins by a goal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SKC wins by 2 goals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blue hell is real... SKC blows us out of the water, winning by at least 3 goals

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    And so, as the season winds down, the Rapids have a chance to continue to play spoiler for their western conference rivals. With a win tomorrow, the Rapids would actually jump ahead of SKC in the standings - which would be a good feeling.

Fraser, who if I remember correctly wore the #4, will be coaching his 4th game for us on Saturday.

Last time we met was a 1-1 draw, with SKC tying in the dying minutes of the game...However, that was at home, this game is at SKC. Historically, the Rapids have not done well in Kansas City, going 5-20-5 at SKC with a -32 goal differential. Ouch.

However, SKC just got burned badly by LA Galaxy, and are looking really rough as of late. We also have an opportunity to show Feilhaber what a "winning team" looks like. I hope we win just to spite him.....

Interesting little article on the game, as told by the two coaches:
    https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/co...s-kansas-city-fraser-vermes-rivalry-mls-2019/

The Rapids have also scored 2 goals in their last 4 games straight.

Rapids Injury Report:
    Ford - Out (knee)
    Wynne - Out (foot)
    Opare - Out (groin)
    Serna - Out (throat surgery)
    Howard - Questionable (hamstring)

Nima averages 3.36 yellows per game, 0.09 reds per game, and 27.3 fouls awarded per game. Saghafi has actually awarded the most fouls this season with 601 fouls in 22 games.....Chris Penso is the next closest with 518 fouls awarded in 24 games, and only Baldomero Toledo awards more fouls per game at 27.9

Leave your comments, gifs, predictions, funnies, etc below!

I think the Rapids win 4-3 in a shootout. Because why not?

2. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anagram: Famish Again

With an anagram like that it looks like few to no goals this game.

Also:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once seen, it cannot be unseen.

Sports Yak, Stuart95 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  3. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    This season winds down with several unseen games because altitude is off air. I'll check the highlights sometime on Sunday or Monday and leave insightful analysis.

fortcollins repped this.
  4. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    KSE is still flipping the bird at their most loyal fans!!!

Thank you for enforcing the blackout MORONS!!!!

SccrDon repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had to get a shout-out to one of my favorite summer popcorn movies and a call out to Feilhaber in today's game preview

http://view-from-the-couch.blogspot.com/2019/09/bennys-back.html

2-1 win, goals by Kamara and Rubio. This is a game where I look at the teams and their recent play and think, maybe for the first time this season on the road, yeah, we're the better team, we should win this. Our attack is better and our defense is barely worse but that's heavily weighted towards the awful first part of the season. If we show up and play like we've played in every other game under Fraser (and many of the Casey games) we should win.

AlbertCamus and Rod1916 repped this.
  6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KSE's logic actually makes sense here. They're hardly morons. They're idiots for getting Altitude into this situation but once they're there of course they would keep the blackout. If they didn't, what pressure would they be able to put on the providers to get Altitude back on their systems? If fans can watch the Rapids on eSPN+ (and eventually, the Nuggets and Avs on their league's streaming options) why would anyone care about getting Altitude? Are those golf shows that popular?

7. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I want KSE gone. They need to get out of MLS!!!!

8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    1175552576453918720 is not a valid tweet id

9. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 14, 2009
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sort of situation is going to happen a lot more in the future, not just in Colorado but around the country. With thousands cutting the cord, the cable providers are getting squeezed. And content providers like ESPN have a lot more clout than the local guys when it comes to cutting costs. Altitude might have to just lump it and take they money they can get.

Isn't MLS asking the teams to cut their local contracts by 2022? It sounds to me like the future might involve a new MLS Live. That would be great for me since I've never got ESPN+ to work for viewing on my computer or big screen TV.

JasonMa repped this.
  10. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Let’s face it. With the exception of a few of us, no one cares about watching the Rapids attempt to leap over another non-playoff team. They actually might have as many people tune into a golf show. But when the Avs start in a couple weeks...

We really should win. It appears the Rapids with a new coach care more about the end of the season than KC. So I’ll go 2-1 with Serna coming off the bench for the game winner. (He’s still on the team, right?)

JasonMa repped this.
  11. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting ready to watch the 'Pids on ESPN+ ... but, news break, will actually be able to seem them play FCD next week thanks to a well-timed work trip :)

FtCollins repped this.
  12. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Down by 1 early, but no details at livesoccertv. I did discover Altitude is still on Charter/Spectrum here and we have it at work so I may be able to catch a rebroadcast. Not going into the office on a Saturday night for the live match though ..

AlbertCamus and JasonMa repped this.
  13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listening to the radio broadcast, Rapids were pushing forward and got count on a counter-attack.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've asked that all local contracts extend no longer than that, yes. That's when their national contracts end so yeah, looks like they at least want to offer the full package to somebody. Not sure how the owners that run their own networks like KSE and the Yankees will feel about that.

Ugh, 2-0

15. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids were high pressing and SKC sprung a counter, nice cross which a defender (Smith?) missed and Gerso stuck home

16. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smith miss-hits a high cross into the box for a howler of an own goal

Paranoid Coyote, Centennial and JasonMa repped this.
  17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rosenberry, according to the radio call

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red card to Besler!

Centennial and Stuart95 repped this.
  19. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost burned on another counter

20. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beautiful goal by Kamara off a set piece!

Sports Yak repped this.
  21. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    AlbertCamus and JasonMa repped this.
  22. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite part of that goal is when the KC defender "gets shot" after the bike.

Can a fine be given for simulation in that case? He was obviously trying to draw a foul.

JasonMa and therapidsnumbernine repped this.
  23. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    SKC announcers had the gall to insist this was a dangerous play by Kamara. He's being held the whole way!

24. FtCollins

FtCollins Member

SSC Napoli
    United States
    Aug 24, 2019
    Colorado
    So many misplaced passes but this match is still very much alive.

25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took a look at the highlights at half.

First goal - Obvious miscommunication between Vines and Lewis on who was going to take the wide player, so neither of them did. Still we should have cleared it but some bad luck put Rosenberry's touch right into the outstretched leg of the striker and it rebounded into the net. Abubakar was in no man's land the whole play.

Second goal - Vines(?) loses his man on the cross but that's minor compared to the fact that Smith and Abubakar just let multiple KC attackers get behind them unmarked. Like they don't even make an effort. Then when they realize how badly they screwed up Lalas just stands there while Smith scrambles back and hits the own goal, but if he hadn't been there it would have been an easy goal for KC.