Frankowski trial?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by krolpolski, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Well - three reasons really:

1) he's not really a forward, he's a winger (a winger who can't cross). And much of the time he played MID

2) Most of those 49 appearances were as a late game sub. Do you remember what the Fire did the last two years in the late game? BUNKER. so he's had 49 appearances of 15 minutes each, during which time he was a lone counter attack threat. It's a miracle he scored at all.

3) he's not fully baked. If what we've seen is all he has, then he's not quite MLS quality. But I actually believe he can develop more as a player. (which still doesn't mean he's a fit for us, but he's relatively cheap and he's here, so let's wait and see what he's got)

2. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    There's no place for that on THIS board!

3. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

"indubitably. An excelsior suggestion the acquisition of the aforementioned"

4. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    He flew in on friday yet we have nothing new from anyone???

5. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Yes. Sure it was.

Exhibit A: Fire vs New England in the semis.

Need I say more?

6. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Rolf>Barrett>Carr>Franks>Wanchope

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Yes, imagine that. It's a weekend, and no training or other team activities have taken place.

8. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Physicals are tomorrow, they fly to Florida on Tuesday, I'm sure he met with the Fire staff yesterday and today.

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    But that doesn't mean that they've put him on the field, much less had a physical. And, that doesn't mean that the Fire PR people have put out any releases. On a weekend.

10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I don't care about the Fire PR people, I want some goddamn leaks!!! I don't think Luis has it right, from what Frankowski said in his interview on 1030 AM (which I posted) he was not going to be going for a trial, he had received an offer from the Fire which was dependent on him passing a physical. I guarantee you that the physical part is done, they've either signed him or sent him home.

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I will try and get to the practice games and see if Frankowski is playing, but the schedule sucks game at 10:00 in the morning on Wednesday, don't they know people work at that time:eek:

12. Sopot26

Sopot26 New Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Sopot - Chicago
    The Chicago Fire announced today that Polish international Tomasz Frankowski has accepted an invitation to join the team for preseason training. Frankowski will take part in medical examinations with the Fire first team on Monday, Feb. 4, and Tuesday, Feb. 5, at TOYOTA PARK before departing for preseason training in Bradenton, Fla. on Wednesday, Feb. 6. Frankowski and the rest of the Fire’s preseason squad will be available to the media on Tuesday, Feb. 5, from 12:30–2:00 p.m. CT in the TOYOTA PARK Stadium Club

The Bialystok, Poland native began his career with Jagiellonia Bialystok in 1991 and has since played for clubs in Poland, France, Japan, Spain, and England, most recently with Wolverhampton Wanderers. The Polish striker spent the majority of his career (177 appearances) with Polish side Wisla Krakow, helping the club to five Polish Championships (1999, 2001, and 2003-05) and two Polish Cups (2002 and 2003). Frankowski took home the title of top scorer in the Polish premier league, the Orange Ekstraklasa, three times (1999, 2001, and 2005).

Frankowski has also recorded 10 goals for the Polish National Team in 20 appearances.

“We are pleased to have a player of Tomasz's caliber in camp with us. He is a smart player and very clinical in the box,” said Fire Technical Director Frank Klopas. “He brings a wealth of international experience, having played on the club level, as well as for his national team.”

Frankowski will remain in camp with the “Men in Red” for an undetermined period of time.

13. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Are there any reports or info on how thorough Chicago scouting is Internationally?

14. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Chicago doesn't have scouts, Frank Klopas will now be filling that role.

15. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Are you kidding?

16. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    No.

17. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Oh my. So how can we obtain young talent abroad?

18. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you can still use the 'edit post' function, I suggest you take advantage of it.

19. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Are you saying that the Chicago Fire has scouts on staff? If that is the case it is news to me and therefore I'm wrong.

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
  21. MLS_RM

MLS_RM Member

Jun 25, 2003
    chicago
    Hes got those scouts bringing those talents from Argentina, Columbia, and Brazil....

No wait thats DC.

He single handedly is scouting a second rate forward at Seroux and a Polish striker who sounds like he may be the next Wanchope but is hopefully healthy.

22. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  23. firefan20

firefan20 Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Illinois
  24. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Frankowski had medical tests done which took 2 days, the whole team will fly tomorrow to practice in Florida, the decision to sign a contract can be handed to him anytime..also during his interview he said will practice with the team after his medical tests are cleared and he will see if he can find a common ground with the team, if everything works Frankowski said he will sign the contract and join Chicago Fire if not he is going back to Europe were he will sign with Jagiellonia Bialystok

25. firefan20

firefan20 Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Thank you.