Frankowski trial?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by krolpolski, Jan 30, 2008.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both of them are way over their prime if Wisla doesn't want neither Zurawski or Frankowski that tells you something

2. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Wisla wanted both of them. Wisla didn't want to pay them the wages they're used to.

3. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They are way overated...I mean c'mon every aging Polish player goes to the Greek league and the Greek League sucks

4. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Larissa's website has announced his purchase. It's official.

5. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if Frankowski signs with Chicago Fire it will be good for the Polish fanbase, but ever since he left Wisla his match statistics are horrible, he will basically be a Romario of Chicago Fire

6. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    That's not true, I posted his stats before, after he was transferred from Wisla midseason he scored 8 goals in only 14 matches for Elche. This and his performances in WC qualifying made Wolverhamption make a huge move for him, he was awful at Wolverhampton, just could not score.

7. PoznaniakPS

PoznaniakPS New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Lol, no way you just said that. :rolleyes: Lech's fans don't even like him and want him out.

Yea...OE best striker's have that much. You think he would really score 10 goals? :rolleyes:

Simply, Lech and Wisla have better strikers and they didn't need him.

Indeed. Milicz, quit talking about Frankowski like he is a superstar.

8. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The big question is if Frankowski signs with us will Justin Mapp give up his number "21" , because that's the number that Frankowski has.

9. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe we should actually see how the guy does when he gets here, before making such certain judgements? No one's seen him play competitively in a few months, there's no contract yet, he's coming here to get a look, what's the problem?

If Hamlett was really dissenting on the Wanchope acquisition, it stands to reason he's going to be extra-attentive to the fitness and performance of the guy we bring in to replace him.

10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Good for you, that establishes your credentials as an idiot if you don't think he is one the most accomplished and capable Polish coaches. Look at his resume. He won three Championships in Poland and led Widzew Lodz to the group phase of the Champions League AND he has led Lech back from the wilderness. So I'll give you a chance to take your comment back about him, otherwise my comment about you stays.

Franciszek Smuda, who is a better judge of talent then me, stated that he felt Frankowski could score 10 goals during the Spring for Lech. Who cares what I think, I was quoting someone more knowledgeable then me on the subject.

Do you know your own team? Piotr Reiss and Marcin Zajac are your only legit forwards, and Reiss is really lighting it up with 5 goals. Yeah, you could use Frankowski, that's why your MANAGER wanted him, so you could have a competition at the forward spot. A real idiot, that Smuda is. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about Frankowski based on what he has done, I'm not making him out to be better then he was. We'll see if he still has it by May of this year, I don't know if he does, I hope that he is all the way back. Please, find me a more accomplished Polish forward. Frankowski has more goals then Zurawski in his career, if he is not a star then Poland has no stars. Just by the sheer number of youtube compilation videos, the fact that he has books and DVD's out about him pretty much establish him as a star in Poland. He may not be a superstar, but don't act like Frankowski is some has been who was never that good anyway. Also, don't act like you know Frankowski is done, we don't know, you're surmising simply because he failed at Wolverhampton.

11. PoznaniakPS

PoznaniakPS New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    He led Lech from wilderness? Wtf! Just because he accomplish something 10 years ago doesn't mean anything. He led them to Champions League by defeating some average team (ok ok lil bit above average) from Norway.

In group stage, he failed. Also, don't forget, Champions league structure was different back then. Only 1 qualifying round.

Do you know Lech? Zajac is a winger, Reiss had 5 goals with 11 assists (he was also injured). Ohh wait, we have Rengifo who scored 8 goals this season (he started playing late too)

More accomplished Polish forward? Podbrozny, Zurawski (he has more goals) we could add Reiss since he scored more than 100 goals and still playing.

Poland has plenty of stars.
    Also, don't act like you know Frankowski is done, we don't know, you're surmising simply because he failed at Wolverhampton.[/quote]

I never said that he wasn't good. Not only he failed in England, he also failed in Spain.

btw, nie zaczynajmy od idiotow jak sie nie zgadzasz z moja opinia. :)

12. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Reiss, Podbrozny, or Zurawski are not more accomplished then Frankowski, who has 189 career goals at last count (club + country), Zurawski has 158 (club + country), Podbrozny is a bit over the hill, I mean he played for us 10 years ago;), and his count is 141, Reiss is what, almost 36? With 113 club goals and 1 NT goal? While bringing up Reiss, the guy scored 10 total goals over a five year span 1999-2003, he followed that up with 4 excellent seasons. Just goes to show you that a career has ups and downs.

Frankowski may be the first Polish player to net 200 goals, he led Poland to a WC, he is almost 3 years younger then the aforementioned Reiss, so I say he could still have some quality seasons left in him, and he is the most accomplished Polish forward out there.

Stats are available at 90minut.pl

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A more accomplished Polish forward? what are yout talking about right now or past players?

Andrzej Niedzielan is better
    Ebi Smolarek is better
    Jacek Krzynowek is better

Frankowski isn't even in the top 10 goalscorers for our National team

Andrzej Juskowiak was a better forward than Frankowski

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrzej_Juskowiak

14. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your stats are messed up where do you get Frankowski getting 189 goals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomasz_Frankowski

However, his spell at Wolves did not go well, with Frankowski failing to score a single goal. This earned him the unenviable nickname of "the Pole with no goal"

15. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

We're getting off-topic here, but I was using 90 minut which is a lot more reliable them Wikipedia, it includes all professional goals including those scored in reserve leagues, he's at 189 with those, he is at 167 (still ahead of Zurawski and everyone else mind you) if you don't include his 22 goals scored in reserves. Krzynowek is not a forward.

Frankowski is in Chicago TODAY!!!!

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but to me he's past his prime..

I'm going to the preseason games in Florida and I will see how he does maybe I'll get a picture with him

17. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    So much for using the weather as a selling point...

Later,
    COZ

18. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Enough with NAMES! Scout some young talent please. Wanchope, for example, was great shot-term but look where we are today. This also makes MLS look bad if old players can waltz right in out of there prime. This isn't awful but I'm very upset. What is going on with the scouting? Isn't that a scouts job, find undiscovered young talent?

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was nothing good about Wanchope's short stay with the Fire.

20. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Without Wanchope, Carr would have played alot more. So that is very a good thing.

21. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Last year:

Barrett>Carr>Wanchope

22. firesting81

firesting81 Member+

Jan 16, 2001
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    B.S. Carr is easily better than either, but he is NOT a striker. Carr was solid for us in his last few games as a winger. If he can learn to cross well, we're in business. How soon everyone forgets his perfomances in the 2006 Open Cup.

23. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Absolutely!! After all, that was only 18 months ago. :rolleyes:

24. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2006, Carr played in 22 games (mostly off the bench)...(we were an offense jugger'not') he scored 3 goals with 12 shots...8 were on goal...in the Open Cup he played in 3 games...and scored 3 goals...

For the reserves...Calen played in 9 games...had 5 goals and 1 assist.

25. Tru Fan 07

Tru Fan 07 New Member

May 1, 2007
    So why has he scored 4 goals in 49 games?