Frankie Oviedo examinado en Estados Unidos-Houston

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I think he might be ready for next season.

I never wish for a player to get injured, but his injury was a blessing in disguise for America last season. We had relyed on him so much. After his injury, Lapuente changed up the tactics and because of it opened up the midfield more. Castro and Salinas had more chances to push forward on the flanks and as a result, Castro was able to prove himself and make a name for himself.

What Chiapas did yesterday was so unprofessional and so boring. They did not even attrempt to win the game. They had 9 guys inside the box. On 3 different occasions, a Chipas defender headed the ball out of the goal. They were camping near the goal.

America even started thier backup goalie and Chiapas still bunkered. Becerra only had to stop the ball twice the whole game. America put in players like Efren and Ortiz who havent seen significant time this year and Chiapas still did not leave thier nest...Any team that does that does not belong in the first division.

I was glad to see Becerra, Ortiz and Efren get some playing time. Ortiz played well last year and stepped up when he had too.

I hope Oviedo comes back strong, but I am skeptical. He said he was fine in the beginning of the year and then got injured again before the season started.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    sera que quedo mal operado? O susto Bimbo?

Seguramente habrá quien crea que en vísperas de más convocatorias a la Selección, el cierre del torneo de Clausura 2003 y la celebración del Juego de las Estrellas, todo se vale; incluso, hacer pasar jugadores sanos por lesionados, para "guardarlos". Pero si un médico con todo el apoyo moral y profesional que le asiste, afirma que tales molestias, contracturas o esguinces, en verdad existen, pues no hay más que creerle.

En Coapa acontece algo así; Cuauhtémoc Blanco (empeine inflamado), Duilio Davino (esguince), Adolfo Ríos (codo inflamado), Frankie Oviedo, Efrén Hernández y Pavel Pardo, sufren de malestares que tienen a su técnico Manuel Lapuente, con el alma en vilo, porque aunque confía en recuperarlos para el fin de semana (al menos a Ríos, Duilio y Pavel), por los demás no sabe.

"Cuauhtémoc sacó un golpe en el empeine que le imposibilita golpear el balón, Adolfo Ríos terminó con molestias en los aductores de ambas caderas, además de una molestia en el codo por lo cual no pudo estar en la portería, Efrén Hernández tuvo un golpe en las costillas, Duilio Davino se recupera de un esguince y un tobillo muy inflamado y Oviedo está en observación y será hasta el viernes cuando se determine si jugarán", dijo el médico del América.