Frank Yallop Career Deathwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by LocoGueroFutobolista, Oct 30, 2013.

1. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #1 LocoGueroFutobolista, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    FIRST!!!

bunge, fireman451 and seamuslush repped this.
  2. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    All good questions, not one of which will be answered honestly tomorrow. Or ever, for that matter.

Well, all I can say is: "GO FIRE!!!," and offer best wishes and good luck to, and support for our new coach. What's done is done.

bunge and fireman451 repped this.
  3. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Okay, so DCU releases De Rosario, and if the reports are correct, his former coach will be our new one. Do we want DeRo? I say yes. This could actually turn out to be a good if not great move.

goldclover repped this.
  4. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago

Because apparently, if you're qualified for one job, your qualified for any job

bunge repped this.
  5. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    [​IMG]

ZipSix repped this.
  6. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    #6 fireman451, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Pretty darn qualified if you look at the stats. Yallop's record during his second go-around with San Jose:

62 - 62 - 51

Glad I'm not renewing my tickets next season. Good luck suckas!!!!
    [​IMG]

bunge repped this.
  7. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    [​IMG]

8. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have a feeling that we'll see a lot of new faces wearing our jerseys at the beginning of next year.

9. seamuslush

seamuslush Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Frank Yallop - If reports are to be believed, he has been hired to be fired. Not a knock on Frank in particular, just the way things seem to be. Would not be my choice. One magical season aside, San Jose mark II was not a good team under Yallop.

This move does answer a question asked in this forum last week (original post trimmed for space):

Apparently, Andrew Hauptman and the mystery search team was inspired by San Jose's "accomplishment" last year, and slept through the first few months of the 2013 season. Overall, during regular season MLS play, Frank Klopas (38 W 29 L 24 D 42% WP, 1.52 PPG) had a better record with the Fire than Yallop (58 W 61 L 54D 34% WP, 1.32 PPG) did with the Quakes Mark II. This seems at best a sideways move.

We'll see what the future holds. To date, 2 coaches have won MLS Cups with multiple teams (Sigi and Bruce). Let's hope Frank is the third, and this thread can be quiet for a while.

henryo and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  10. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Wait a second...did I miss something? Is this really a done deal in 8 hours from sacking one guy and hiring a second and still not offering a press conference?

RadioGonzo and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  11. seamuslush

seamuslush Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Looks like it could be. Multiple outlets are reporting it as a done deal based on unnamed Chicago Fire FO sources. Press Conference is scheduled for 10:30 am tomorrow.

Orrin Schwarz ‏@Orrin_Schwarz#cf97 calls press conference for 10:30 a.m. Thursday for "announcement regarding the organization" #mls

Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 2h
    CONFIRMED- I am reporting on @GoalUSA the Chicago Fire will hire Frank Yallop as team's new head coach: http://bit.ly/19cTRG1 #cf97 #MLS

Orrin Schwarz ‏@Orrin_Schwarz 1h
    Like @SoccerByIves I'm hearing it's Frank Yallop #cf97 #mls

1. [​IMG] Ives Galarcep ‏@SoccerByIves 1h
      I'm told Yallop is being hired as the head coach. No combo GM-coach position like Bruce Arena as of now.

12. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Trick or Treat!

[​IMG]

goldclover, bunge and loonixxx repped this.
  13. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Man this continues to be a sh*t show... Wow...I may be watching the games from my couch next year. Is it just me or is this being handled as poorly as everything else has been the last few years?

LocoGueroFutobolista and bunge repped this.
  15. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Repping this! I don't have rep buttons again...Apparently they just go away on me every two years like Fire gaffers...

16. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  17. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fu(k this team. I sure as shit am not renewing.

18. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe I see a trend developing. Take note Andy.

19. jjmarinacci

jjmarinacci Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Having a qualified replacement in hand so that things dont come to a standstill is a shit show?

Having Yallop work with the squad now is a poorly handled process?

Frank's departure as a coach is a BFD. Change is hard. But, kudos to AH (and not that snake Leon) for having a plan to start a new era as quickly as possible.

DDT5583 and #10 Jersey repped this.
  20. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    And, as the most successful Canadian Coach in MLS ever, it's only fitting that (after Vancouver) he next move to Toronto (& maybe Edmonton/Ottawa if they do materialize in MLS) to complete the full set. :p

21. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Yes. Especially, given that there may be better choices available.

Yes. What if the rest of the FO disagrees with Yallop? Who actually has the power? Who reports to whom?

Seriously, the Manager's job is not nearly as important as un-fvkcing the entirety of this club. The scouts. the Academy. And yes, the 1st Team. But the Manager should report to the President, not the other way around. And the President should have his/her choice for manager.

Actually, if the Yallop thing is true, it confirms Andy as a monkey moron. There are a lot of other things that SERIOUSLY need to be fixed in this club, outside the 1st Team Manager's role.

A REAL organization would work out the President's role, first. And after the abject failure of Klopas in the dual TD/Manager role, one would assume that Andy would have learned from this mistake, and not repeat it. This is pure fvkcing clown shoes, if true.

Es Brennt and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  22. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just really want to emphasize that this is my opinion of the Chicago Fire right now:

[​IMG]

23. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that easy? So we are now on the popular "available person is available" hiring method.
    At least it's not Marsh.

Still not convinced this is the right move.

goldclover and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  24. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Mr. Yallop:

[​IMG]

loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  25. bunge