Frank Fabra

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Froboy69, Jan 19, 2016.

1. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They are fans that will not hesitate to criticize. Goes to show maybe we haven't have him the benefit of the doubt. Similar to Medinas situation

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Similar to Medina in the Uruguay/Chile games in '13, fans will probably always think of the Chile CA16 game whenever Fabra's name comes up....

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fabra was a disaster too agaisnt uruguay in montevideo.
    He at club level have been good isnt a secret.........actually with the nt he have scored his problem is teh defense

4. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree but Bacca's been a disaster and he keeps getting the benefit of the doubt. I think we need to be a bit more open minded. Not saying you Pepino just people in general. At this point beggars can't be choosers and we don't have many options, same with the goalkeeper position.

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    but outside of Teo, Mina, James, Cardona and Falcao no one scores on the NT. I mean I know all of you get pissed everytime I mention it but I blame Carlos Sanchez. He slows down play and can't pass. Also blame Abel or who ever is next to Sanchez.

Before our Trip to Russia we need a LB that knows how to defend that is not FKING Armero. I don't care what he does he can't be our starter if we want to win. A DM that can pass, score and isn't a offensive liability hope its Barrios or Lerma. a Box to Box MF which isn't as important as with the lack of attacking options it seems like a 4-2-3-1 is our formation. I rather not bench Cardona so we can play Teo who isn't anywhere near his level.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And fabra have it....more with our lack of left backs......but a defense distraction like fabra does are worse than a bad definition issue ( exagerated).....you cant take risks over there

and yeah fabra is loved in boca but that doesnt mean his defense problems have improved

ps: Bacca so far in wcq (3 goals , 3 assists) 3 direct contributions in wcq......cases arent comparable honestly

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doogs and HomietheClown repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I can't believe I am going to say this (especially after his horrible copa centenario) but I really do think he is going to be crucial for us getting points in these last two games in October. He has personality on the left wing and can provide good service to our strikers.

9. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I must admit he has improved. I don't know if I'm still sold on him, but then again there isn't much else to choose from. Maybe Mojica idk...

HomietheClown repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Prefer him in france

12. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Everton would be a good club if in the BPL.

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Meh he would be a back up to Baines, he's been there for ever and didn't leave when he had the chance if he's healthy he'll play over Fabra. I don't think the EPL would be a great move for him in terms of playing time, its all physicality and speed of play, don't think it suits him perfectly. Italy or France and somewhere he's the undisputed starter would make sense, Crystal Palace has Patrick Van Arnholt who at this point I think is better then Fabra who still needs to put it all together.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont know why a player that have been loaned during all his carrer......that have passed for 8 teams with 27 years (with minutes in small clubs), few presentations for a team that dint qualify to euro and world cup.....................is better than fabra that is starter arguably in the best team of the continent

Euro experience isnt al............

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    No euro experience isn't all, Fabra isn't that good yet period, I've seen him get torched playing for Colombia defensively and going forward he's good but for a very physical league to have more of a finesse guy like Fabra it does matter those hang ups will be used against you by coaches and pundits alike. Fabra could be better then Van Arnholt but you're kidding yourself if you think the coach of Crystal Palace Roy "shitty english coach" Hodgson won't rate a guy with Premier League experience and visibility over a guy coming from Boca. Whatever our opinion is it puts his playing time in jeopardy and I'm telling you a guy like Fabra in England would be setting himself up for failure.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im not discussing if he will be sub or what roy hodgson think of fabra.........But Van Arnholt havent make nothing in his career to affirm that he is better than fabra

by the way im waiting for andre silva goals in serie a.....

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Fabra plays as an attacking fullback for a good team in Argentina that generally dominates possession and is always attacking. How do you not understand that he wouldn't be a good fit for mid lower table teams in the EPL? Are you dense? It doesn't fit his skillset, Van Arnholt isn't amazing, but he fits that mold better and has made his living playing on those teams in that environment and has a lot more attributes that fit that type of game, hell he's not even playing at Crystal Palace right now because he's back from injury and probably because they want someone more defensive.

Silva is 22 and Milan has been a ********ing mess, same reason why Bacca wasn't succeeding probably and you love Colombian players, great I do too, but I'm not blind and retarded about it.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look regardless LB is so difficult to find I don’t want Fabra moving till the WC is over. He needs to stay a starter. Him becoming MIA like Perez and Torres did would be a massive blow to the NT

Furnaccio and krass repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #94 pepinointer, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Van aarholt have had a mediocre career ( 9 teams in 7ven loans to mediocre teams ) Don't get how is his better than fabra . That if he fit better than fabra in epl in this moment could be and is for adaptatation reasons. But to say that he is a better player as you say ...

Bacca scored 31 goals in that team in two seasons that is sucess. Andre silva have scored 0 goals in serie a in 6 months ( 22 years isn't so young to excuse yourself ) a lot of players have been top scorer with that age .is like you repeat the titles of the euro papers without analizing . Bacca performed despite what montella and milan frustrated fans say

Isn't a secret that beign good in Portugal isn't guarantee of succeeding in other place in Europe.... actually more guarantee have argentina

I'm not blind about Colombians. But I don't have that complex to say that every mediocre player is better than a Colombia because are internationals

Actually my opinions to Colombian players aren't always good and this have been an issue in this forum . But to argue that can aarholt and silva ( players with mediocre performances) aren't better than fabra /bacca doesn't mean I'm blind or retard

@pibe10 and @ryu79 don't Know this poster has autorización to tell others retards

Doogs repped this.
  20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #95 pepinointer, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    He is statying more time in boca. Boca bought him the other percentage

Pérez dissapeared with the injury not because boca . A injury could happen in every team

Torres had apparently a good season in Spain but now he sucks

crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I watch and analyze soccer players/teams for a living. Fabra for a mid lower table english team would be a worse player then Van Aarnholt and it would be a terrible move for him career wise, he needs to play on a team that will constantly attack and has posession.

All you do is look at a players career and where he's played/started and if he's Colombian. I actually watch Silva and Van aarnholt play lots of games, I analyze their stats and factor in their teams strengths. You're arguments are based on?

krass repped this.
  22. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so Boca are close to signing Julio Buffarini and Emmanuel Mas, now Fabra really needs to buckle down if he wants to play.

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    If HE wants to play? you're kidding right? Faber is currently on our current 11(and for Guillermo's Boca) for the NT right? Maybe, you can make a case that he's on the substitute side of the Colombian NT but still on the final roster while the other 2 have no final chance...so you have 2 Argentinos that are somehow better? Boca will sell Fabra sooner rather than later. Biggest + for Boca and Fabra is they have a likely $tarting WC player with Fabra which is gold. How would the other 2 get any better value?

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he didn't really have any competition at Boca at all, his best asset is still attacking and while he's gotten better at defending, now he'll need to be more consistent because he'll have people going for his position as soon as form drops.

25. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can’t imagine boca selling Fabra or barrios until after the WC when their value is more likely to increase.

Has there been talk about fabra being rotated or shipped out?