Francesco Totti: C'è Solo un Capitano

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, May 27, 2017.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #676 falvo, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Rumors in Rome? With all the big mouth reporters and journalists? The journalists and pundits know what’s going on even more than the players. Totti said the same thing in his final press conference.
    “voi lo sapete molto meglio di me”...

I remember Abate’s dad who was a GK for Inter , learned about whether he was going to be starting by reading la gazzetta dello sport. The managers never told players the lineups until game time. I think that still applies as Dybala said he didn’t know he was playing until an hour before the game on Sunday.

One thing I do say about Rai is they give more in depth , day by day analysis of what is going on with training , Serie A and how to call games. ESPN’s announcers are crap and know nothing about Italy , Serie A or their players. If you listen to both analysts, the Rai and Sky are much more superior. Same with mediaset pundits but the best is Radio Radio which if you understands Italian , talks about the league all day.

ESPN to their credit though has much better sound and picture quality than Rai and that means a lot. They also show the replays which Rai which nTheir marketing is also also better because Italians never understood the concept. Sadly, their announcers are horrible.

2. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The journalists know more than the players LOL. No wonder you believe everything you hear on the radio if that’s what you think.

90% of journalist can only dream of having the Trigoria janitor as their “inside source”

3. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Austini, Biafora, and Solano are the only ones worth listening too. And they are usually the first to break any kind of news. I can imagine how much info they get that they aren't allowed to speak about.

ErPupone and Haakon24 repped this.
  4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #679 falvo, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    You must have never been around a pro club in Italy. When I working for Fiorentina or Florentia Viola , that was the case. Players were always kept in the dark about what happened within the front office. Angelo DiLivio was the captain and superstar and the only remaining WC holdover from Korea and the club wouldn’t tell or let him in on anything or what was going on with the club other than being a player. They kept promising him a job after he quit playing for remaining loyal and staying with the club through all the relegations. Then when he finally retired from being an active player the club reneged on their word and he started coaching youth players in Rome.

When I was there , the managers were Vierchowod and then Cavasin and they didn't and wouldn’t let the players know anything. Della Valle also wouldn’t say a word to players but he was in front of tv cameras and journalists all the time talking to them. Even if they told partial truths and lies, it was more than they would ever tell the players. Also, most players aren’t that smart , hardly even finished school because all they know is how to do is play.

Bringing it back to Totti, that’s probably another reason on why he can’t , couldn’t or won’t become an administrator/coach and/or why he was forced out. He didn’t leave because everything was rosy or because he knew a lot.

5. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo

Imagine being this stupid.

falvo and Midfield General repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti president and DDR coach. They will love each other but won’t ever fire one another! lol...

7. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. Previous ownership did all the dirty work now the new ownership gets a clean slate. No need to go into the past at this time.

Maybe sometime well into the future (5-10 years but also maybe never) something could possibly be considered but now is not the time. Not even close.

falvo repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Galliani and Berlusconi wouldn't even talk to Maldini or give him a job and he didn't go back until recently after they both left Milan and after he moved back from Miami. I think Baresi and Tassotti hung around a while as youth coaches and assistants but that is all. Not sure if Juve offered Delpiero anything although Nedved is still there. .

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

10. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rosay, Andreas, whill4 and 4 others repped this.
  11. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totally Golazzo had a great podcast last week on Totti

14. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    8B331741-6821-4C7B-9B79-6153543E46B7.jpeg

#LaPrimaSquadraDellaCapitale

15. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
  16. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  17. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DOctore13, Moebek, La Magica and 5 others repped this.
  18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just threw up in Sal's mouth

Andreas and Shen-O repped this.
  19. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Congrats capitano! Hope it all works out, you deserve nothing but the best!

Andreas, Shen-O and Haakon24 repped this.
  20. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  21. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    seriously sal? Nothing in that and the bitch made a big deal about it. :speechless:

Shen-O, SaI' and romanista8910 repped this.
  23. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
  24. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Made me laugh.

props

25. falvo