Francesco Totti: C'è Solo un Capitano

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, May 27, 2017.

1. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I have just one rule in life:

Never trust the opinion of a person who's ass could serve as Spalletti's balls mold.

3. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You really think the players wearing his shirt in the last game was part of his contract, like Totti had to negotiate or have that promised to him? Thats the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while. Not surprised coming from a Rube fan.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’ve been following the game for 40 years and I still don’t understand what it means to be a Technical Director?

It is an overrated , glorified position. Leonardo found kaka and Pato. He utilized them and sold them for a lot money. This is what I call a useful former player. That and maybe a coach. Other than these jobs, all the other titles in my opinion are merely symbolic.

SaI' repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #655 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    What are you talking about? I don’t think that at all and you have a short memory. It was part of the Nike deal that they gave him. Don’t you recall they paid part if not all of his final €1 million year contract. That was common knowledge.

Roma, rinnovo di Totti: il piano per un tour d'addio stile Bryant - Repubblica.it
    May 8, 2016 · Si tratta sui diritti di immagine: Club e Nike fiutano l'affare. ... Per questo l'ultimo campionato somiglierà a un giro ...

https://news.nike.com/as-roma

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #656 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    Roma, rinnovo di Totti: il piano per un tour d'addio stile Bryant ...

Roma, Totti rinnova fino al 2017, poi sarà direttore tecnico per ...

Totti: il rinnovo è per i prossimi 8 anni - Calcio News 24

Totti, ultimo contratto pronto: con la Roma fino alla fine ...

7. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    FALVO SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

8. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I never commented on or contested his salary. First you say you “don’t think that” and in the next sentence you say it’s part of his deal. I can’t discuss with you if you can’t create a coherent sentence without contradicting yourself.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #659 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    You are arguing and attacking for no reason and I'm not exactly sure why? You don't understand what I meant.

You stated this....

…. and my point is that Its not coming from me as it was part of his contract and was part of the deal Nike gave him a deal along with Pallotta.

Part of his final playing deal was the commemorative celebrated #10 shirt (utilizing is name or likeness) that all the players donned in is last game against Genoa. It was preplanned and that is a main reason on why Pallota signed Totti in 2016 to play one more year. He really didn't want to and he was ready to part ways with him already at the end of 2016.

Spalletti also wanted him gone when he sent him home when Totti gave the RAI interview saying all Luciano says to him is "good morning" and "good evening."

Totti ora dovrà scegliere: restare con Spalletti o lasciare la ...

Roma, la lunga giornata di Totti. 'Cacciato' dal ritiro va allo ...

https://video.lanuovaferrara.geloca...o-rispetto-per-quello-che-ho-dato/50848/50989

10. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    A main reason why he was renewed, get real. You pass of everything you hear on Rai as fact and talk down about Totti and expect not to get challenged on it lol

nguoiaoden repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #661 falvo, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    No but Pallotta didn’t want to pay him. If you can read and understand Italian, those articles I referenced about his final contract and jersey deal were not from Rai. The only thing I placed from Rai was when Totti gave the interview complaining about Spalletti only saying “hello and goodbye” to him , four years ago.

The journalists know quite a lot though but also my relatives in Italy who follow the club closely told me pretty much the same thing. I’m sure they have more knowledge about the Totti situation than anyone else as they live there and hear and read the stories every day.

I loved Totti as a player and always have so I certainly have no reason to make anything up. Pallotta and Spalletti both wanted him out of the roster at the end of 2016. That was true then and now.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

That is a fallacy. They read the same shitty paper filling nonsense as anyone else. The only ones who know anything more are in the players close circle. And we all know how rumours work. By the time it gets passed down the line to your family the story has been distorted and is entirely different.

Unless your family is closely linked they know no more insight than anyone else.

ErPupone and Haakon24 repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #663 falvo, Jan 12, 2020
    Well some of them are but that is besides the point. Whether my family in linked or not, that has nothing to do with the fact that both Pallotta and Spalletti wanted Totti gone in 2016.
    Francesco especially hated Luciano at the end and vice versa. They weren’t even on speaking terms when Spalletti came back with Inter in the first game of the 2017-18 season.

That is a fact and common knowledge and everyone knew about and I have no reason or purpose to make that up. Even everyone on this board kept talking about it.

Looking back, because of the tension that arose between those two in his final season , he will have been better off leaving. Especially as opposed to riding the bench and creating constant controversy on a daily and weekly basis on why he was or wasn’t playing.

Totti even complained about it in the press conference that he gave last June. He specifically stated , “I didn’t want to retire (from playing) I was forced to”!

Again, I don’t get the backlash because I certainly didn’t make this stuff up. Just listen to his final press conference. He had been bitter at least the last 4 years about his role at Roma.

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

I not disputing the argument. I don't care either way. Its done, it's in the past and it's time to move on. I'm just pointing out the part of your statement I quoted is not correct. The same reasoning an ex mod used to use to shut people up and it turned out he lived in Sweden.

I will focus on the memories he gave us as one of the greatest players of all.

Midfield General repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #665 falvo, Jan 12, 2020
    My initial point never changed and that is I don’t blame either the club or Totti for his departure. He didn’t want to stop playing and the club had to make a decision and ended his playing career against his will but they were right about it.

Then Francesco didn’t know what his role was as an administrator. He only attended 10 meetings in two years as a VP/ Director and that’s why he left. I can’t fault the club or Totti though because I just don’t believe he had the capability to be a ‘dirigente’....if he couldn’t contribute , he was right to leave.

16. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not that I'd give a fck but not a single sentence in all the quotes in your following post proves that, lol. It seems like you just googled "nike totti" and copy pasted every article without noticing that they are talking about the image rights (which is a point that is negotiated in many football player's contracts nowadays).

Haakon24 repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #667 falvo, Jan 12, 2020
    Maybe not word for word but it was understood and that was pretty much the consensus three and a half years ago when he signed on for his final year.

Nike was going to pay for the majority or his final season and utilize "le magliette celebrative" and his “immagine” to pay the bulk of his contract. Again I never made it up and the fact that Pallotta & Spalletti wanted him gone in Spring 2016 was true then and now. I’m surprised you never knew or heard that. He didn't leave because they really wanted him there and he stated as such in his final press conference. They left him out from the beginning and that is why he said, "sono stato escluso fin dall'inizio". It can't get clearer than this....

L'addio di Totti alla Roma: «Oggi potevo anche morire ...

18. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Falvo’s favorite lines to defend his bullshit

“My cousin in Italy said:”
    “It’s a known fact that:”
    “They said on Rai this morning:”

Insert obviously untrue tabloid speculation at the end:ROFLMAO:

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #669 falvo, Jan 12, 2020
    Even if they are half truths, at least they live there and know more than you will ever by living in LA and Hollywood with all the nutsos in another Galaxy! :D:D

Say Hi to LAndy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is one you should be able to understand as they are using a parity with Kobe Bryant's last season and how they made money off of him....

Roma, rinnovo di Totti: il piano per un tour d'addio stile Bryant ...

Haakon24 repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti "acquisto" del Benevento. Visita alla squadra di Inzaghi: "Sempre bello vederti"

[​IMG]

Totti, visita al Benevento di Pippo Inzaghi

[​IMG]

22. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Like La Magica already said unless they have insiders they’re listening to the same tabloid garbage. Rumors on the streets of Rome aren’t facts just because you heard them in the city.

in other news the king still has it:

La Magica repped this.
  23. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Let's see the fatty run.

24. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles