Francesco Totti: C'è Solo un Capitano

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, May 27, 2017.

1. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll give you a point :thumbsup:

2. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    SaI' repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #628 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    I don't blame Pallotta for making the decision on Totti. I mean come on the guy was 41 and he was not even playing. When they put him on in the last season, I didn't even see him run. The club had enough and his time had come. Which serious club on earth plays a 41+ year old forward? Heck not even MLS which is considered a retirement league would start a player that age. A 40 year old Drogba playing for 2nd tier club in Phoenix couldn't run any more.

Largo ai giovani already!

They gave him a cake job doing nothing as some VP making millions for 7 years and he didn't like and left. Totti is not a yes man, a scout, administrator or coach so what else can he do by hanging around? Sooner or later, he has to accept its over.

Midfield General and SaI' repped this.
  4. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    It proves he's literally retarded. He actually thinks he can still play. LOL. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villian. And every time he says negative something to the media about Roma, he's becoming more and more of a villian.

[​IMG]

5. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It proves hes literally retarted - in your oppinion.

He didn't say he can still play. He said he could of still played - potevo is in the passed.

Many people agree with what he says and just because you don't doesn't make him a villain, it just makes him a villain in your eyes.

Lastly, the video you posted, I just really looked at it now. Him running back trying to defend at 40 years old (as an attacker also) probably isn't the best example to prove your point. It's like me showing you a video of him in his 40s scoring a goal and telling you he's the best player in the world. You're painting an inaccurate picture to fit your story. Nobody said the guy had to play 90 full minutes anymore and contribute to defending, just because a player isn't complete doesn't mean they don't have a place. Maybe he should have retired, maybe he should have played on as a sub for another year, whatever it is really isn't the point. The point is that he was treated like trash, and now he's the bad guy because he fights back. I just can't hate on someone for sticking up for themselves.

6. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #631 romanista8910, Jan 11, 2020
    Cool, not an issue, but then tell him properly that it will be his last season and do that with some respect.

Your last paragraph is very vague and is missing a lot of details. Your painting it as being a lot more black and white than it is. It's not that simple. There is more than one side to the story.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #632 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    Vague? How was it vague?

The club told him. They gave him a 1 year ,€1 million contract paid by Nike giving him a special shirt /shoe deal where all the players donned his number in the last game. They also gave him a 7 year contract to hang around and do what? Who in Italy has a job like that? Heck even Nedved shows people around the Juventus Stadium and Zanetti acts as a liaison for Inter and the South Americans but what was Totti's role exactly? I still don't know what he did for two years other than call up Ranieri to takeover as caretaker and take pictures with Messi and DeRossi when he left. He had absolutely no role or say in the club. Of course it was time to go.

SaI' repped this.
  8. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All this focus on what Totti was “doing” when we know fcuk-all what Baldini does. Baldini’s claim to fame was telling Sensi to buy Batigol. Wow, what insight!

romanista8910 repped this.
  9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was pretty important because that one move bought Roma a scudetto.

DOctore13 and SaI' repped this.
  10. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    literally any guy on the street would have had the same “insight”.

“hey buy the best striker in the league”
    Brilliant and he’s basically been given carte blanche since then.

Haakon24 and romanista8910 repped this.
  11. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're making it a lot simpler than it is. You're only looking at one side of it. Just because they gave him a cushy high paying VP job doesn't mean he has to be happy with that. He doesn't need the money. He clearly wanted to have some kind of impact. He came out himself and said that be wasn't being treated fairly. Not saying the guy was going to be great at any role but calling the guy a Technical Director when he's not isn't cool. If you wanted him to have no say, you should have told him that before he accepted the role. Make him a club ambassador or something like that. They should have properly stated their intentions instead of lying to him. You don't know what he did for 2 years because he probably wasn't allowed to do things. At the same time you can't say someone was doing nothing because you don't know what they were doing. How many people in upper management do you know of but not know what they do? Doesn't mean that they're not doing anything.

Haakon24 and Shen-O repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #637 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    Does he even have the brains or the know how to be a director only 2 years removed from is playing days? Is he good with contracts or scouting? Can he speak different languages to help out with foreign players? How many superstars become good coaches , directors or administrators? Maybe it occurred to someone at the top that he just couldn't handle such an important job.

DOctore13 and SaI' repped this.
  13. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's not the argument though. For all I know he could be the worst coach, director, or administrator this planet had ever seen. The point is that he shouldn't have been offered that role if that's not what he was going to be doing. If you're hiring him to do that job, he's either got to be qualified or you've got to be teaching him.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It seems to me his skills away from the field are limited. His best decision was to leave.

SaI' repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Along with Baldini , I'm sure Fabio Capello wanted Batigol too.

16. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Totti's "skills" are apparently knowing that Ziyech was going to be better than Pastore, and that Conte was going to sign with us.

... In addition to playing volleyball and padel in Dubai weekly.

17. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Probably true, who knows. The point is, dont give him the job then!

18. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lmao so true!!!!

I know you're not gonna respond to my last post but do you mind liking it at least?!

19. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Shorten your posts, I’m not reading all that lmfao.

20. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LMFAO! It's ok, sometimes it's just easier to go out that way.

SaI' repped this.
  21. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Thank you for respecting my wishes. If you can’t explain it in a short and concise way, you don’t know enough about the subject.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #647 falvo, Jan 11, 2020
    I don’t think they had a choice. The club maybe Monchi and Pallotta were just was trying save face with the fans and media letting everyone know he will always be with Roma. Kind of like previous owners did with Bruno Conti. The thing with Conti though was that he worked with the youth. I don’t think Totti was willing to do that nor do I think he had the patience to. How can he tell a young player to play like he did? It’s almost impossible to find another Totti. This is true of most superstars.

23. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hahaha. If you wanna stir things up by posting stuff and then not responding, I don't see why you'd want spend your time on a forum.

...and you say you're not a troll. I'll never understand it but hey, if you enjoy it and have the time for it, you do you pal. Hopefully I'll know better for next time.

SaI' repped this.
  24. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I totally understand that, but once again though Falvo, why did you give him the position of Technical Director? Give him a position that means less that he's better suited for. Not one where he's expecting to have more influence but doesn't. Just give him a useless role if that's what you think he brings.

25. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sals identity revieled 515999eb69bedd5624000016.jpg