France v Denmark

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by DennisM, Aug 8, 2002.

1. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    France and Denmark are fairly even when it comes to matches against each other. That is in the one match that they have played since 1993. Before then Denmark had not lost in the 8 or so matches against Les Bleues. Last year they played in Euro 2001. Denmark won 4-3. Pichon scored one goal. France tied it up 3-3 in the 83rd minute. Three minutes later they had a player red carded then the Danes win in extra-time! Pichon is the key for a French victory. Anyway, it looks like there will be a good number of people in Lens. Tickets for the match will be quite cheap:

50 cents for kids under six

$10 for the best viewing area

$7 For the stand on the opposite side.

Not bad.

"L'objectif pour le public, outre d'être la "douzième femme", est de battre le record d'affluence (plus de 9.000 spectateurs)."

The objective for the public, in addition to being the "12th woman", is also to beat the attendence record of more than 9,000 people. So the fans have a goal too.

2. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    The record for attendence was back in April when France beat the Czech Republic to more or less secure that second place spot. That game was in Strasbourg.

3. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    Well if I could book the same travel as Marinette, I might just go see her play in France!!

4. lars68

lars68 New Member

Apr 18, 2001
    South Jersey
    Wouldn't that be awesome. You could be her valet.

5. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    Well, coyly, whatever she wants me do!!

I'll do dishes, laundry, windows, floors, bathroom.

I'll carry bags, answer the phone, keep the popparazzi away.

I'll even take care of her gorilla for her.