News: France / Cameroun France / Ecosse

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, May 7, 2016.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    both giroud's goals were class and go in against anyone.

but on a team level let's not get giddy, against anyone but a beer league side like scotland sagna's cross never gets to him and payet's run never happens.

Pandore and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If I could agree 1000 percent I would

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Still the top scorer for Les Bleus since 2012 since Deschamps took over, DESPITE the fact that he only started 26 of his total 49 games played. Even as a substitute he was scoring more goals than anyone but then, when you go 1000 minutes without scoring like Benz did that's gonna hurt your stats.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    While i agree with what you said regarding Sagna's cross not getting to Giroud against a better team (though miracles happen occasionally), i don't agree that Payet can't make that run against better teams cos he already has.

lefutur and Pandore repped this.
  5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I mean, if we're being honest, it's pointless for us to try to guess what would happen against a better team (though we do it all the time), but I agree with you here in terms of what I think could have happened against a stronger team.

Strong team or not, I'm also happy Giroud is heading into the Euros with a lot of confidence. I'm still a little skeptical because of his limitations, but he seems to be in good form and hopefully that can continue.

(he needs to get rid of the beard though, sorry but he looks so much better without it and as has been proven before, it's impossible for me to be upset with him when he looks so good :D)

lefutur repped this.
  6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    No. The beard stays. It might be his good luck charm with Les Bleus.

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ^ That is a good point. Maybe he knows we'll do well and I won't need something nice to look at to cheer me up. ;)

8. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hipster beard lol

9. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Super pumped for Friday! Watching the match with a handful of Romanian friends. I so wish I could go and be there always wanted to see matches at les Parc, Stade de France, etc.

Think France can win this. Have them being beaten finalists

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  10. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The hipster beard has become so cliché even the likes of Messi and Sergio Ramos have gotten in on the act. I think it makes Giroud look old...

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  11. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am a straight guy who thinks Giroud looks better clean shaven. If he starts missing chances during the Euros, we may have to blame the beard for slowing down his aerodynanism by a nanosecond;)

All kidding aside, I am glad that he has been scoring for France of late in spite of his underwhelming second half of 2015-2016 with Arsenal. I remember reading an article on espnfc.com last year wherein the author argued that the most talented strikers are not always the most successful at international level. By that reasoning, Giroud should have a great Euro. If he fails to fire, I trust Gignac to be an able deputy.

lefutur repped this.