News: France / Cameroun France / Ecosse

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, May 7, 2016.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gameiro not making it is outrageous to me. He had a phenomenal season and was a crucial part of his team's Europa League winning campaign.

If we're being honest, either DD is a moron or he doesn't watch la liga.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So did Rami and look at his game against Cameroon. :(

Honestly I think Rami will get better but I think DD has an idea of the kind of striker profiles he wants to use in his system and Gameiro and Lacazette dont match it.

People keep criticizing DD for selecting Giroud but I think his strike rate for Les Bleus is better than Benzema at this point.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You cannot compare Gameiro and Rami's seasons.

And it doesn't matter what system DD wants to use. He should adapt his system to make the best team possible. Our goal is to win, not for Deschamps to have his way. Like for instance, it's so silly that Griezmann has to play on the wing under DD.

People can criticize Giroud and Benzema at the same time. Benzema has disappointed me at times, but his talent is undeniable and his season was incredible. Giroud is just a mediocre player if we're being honest. He wouldn't even make PSG's bench. I like him, so I hope he has a great tournament, but he did not impress me during the last WC or for Arsenal overall.

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm pretty sure he's already tried to do that. He's not going to do it just to accomodate Gamiero. :rolleyes:

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    #105 lefutur, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    He's a great target man and great at the pivot role/holding up play/back to the goal. That's why he's been more successful for Les Bleus than at Arsenal is because France has the supporting players to take advantage of that i.e Griezmann and Payet.

PSG has a Galacticos approach to building a team and so I'm sure he wouldn't make their first team or possibly the bench but that's also why they are more of a bunch of stars rather than the kind of team that has had much success in Europe.

Honestly when you look at the teams France has scored against and the number of goals they've scored, the attack isnt the problem. We all know its the defense that is the only real issue and DD's hands are pretty much tied with respect to the players that he has at his disposal.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't mean for Gameiro specifically. There are a ton of players that "don't fit into his system". Or players he simply "doesn't like"... etc.

His system is not some proven world cup winning formula. It should adapt according to the players available.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG has been more successful than Arsenal in Europe, so your point is pretty ridiculous, but nice try. We don't need Giroud and you can ask any of the top teams in Europe and none of them would want him. It's not a PSG thing. :rolleyes: And you clearly don't watch PSG if you think it's just a bunch of stars. I don't agree with Blanc's tactics, but I think the team itself is well-constructed and usually pretty balanced.

As for the defense, DD's hands are only tied because he was stubborn in terms of the players he decided to test out the past two years. This isn't something new, most of us have been screaming out for many defenders to get called up and get a shot for a few years now.

9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So who would you call up now then? Laporte isnt available and neither is Debuchy.

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Laporte was available for a long time. It's not about what should be done now, but more about what should have been done before.

And I think Umtiti should be a starter.

11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We'll see who plays against Scotland. He might play but no guarantees he does much better than the more experienced Rami.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    very happy Morgan Schneiderlin got called !

13. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    #113 lefutur, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    And Benzema just proved that they made the right choice by leaving him out of the team. So glad he wont be there to poison the locker room with his sulking.

Griezmann, on the other hand, GETS IT.

14. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    #114 zizouForlife, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    seriously .. this is turning into another 2010 disaster .. team harmony ,unity, trust and comfort is more than having teammate who backstabs others.

when you off field matters spill into the national team then it becomes toxic .. same with personality, if it endeagers the whole team then the play needs to be given the boot

benzema might be looking at the end of his french NT career. like nasri . people have been very suppportive of him during bad form before 2014 world cup .. so he shouldnt scream racism .. other players have faced worse

soji22 repped this.
  15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    DD has been doing the right things with regards to team harmony and you can tell that the players (in the squad) are getting the message when they are saying that noone is above the team, the team is the star etc. But when blowhards like Cantona start stirring up shit there's no control over that, but really it just makes the shit-stirrers look ridiculous and doesnt reflect badly on the team. The fact that Benzema is pathetically repeating that stuff shows that he has no respect for the team, he is just thinking of himself. And that proves that he doesnt belong.

soji22 repped this.
  16. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    And Sepp Blatter along with 2 other former FIFA bosses have been found to embezzle over $80 million dollars over 5 years and most of that going to Sepp. The corrupting influence of money in this sport needs to be addressed and stopped.

17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The new FIFA president Infantino refused a $2 million dollar per year salary saying it was "insulting" since Blatter was making 3 million the year he was ousted. But when you see how the top players make a lot more per year (Ronaldo 27 M euros) then you can understand how they get so greedy. I think the European leagues should implement salary caps like in the MLS. That would go a long way to reforming the culture and some of the crappy attitudes of the players.

18. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    benzema is one of those people who left the hood but the hood stayed with him .. ghetto to the core , hangs out with the same same people he hanged out with when he was teenager ..

even his style , clothing and music all scream ghetto ... and how dare he screams racism .. after DD showed patience to him when his NT form was bad, did this fool have bananas thrown at him , or racist chants like what henry, thuram suffered . the path was made for him to succeed in the NT and this idiot still manages to screw up

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Great finish from Giroud

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Payet is crazy good at set pieces

soji22 repped this.
  21. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    And nice to see him finally get some respect from the crowd.

soji22 repped this.
  22. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    His free-kick prowess could very well prove decisive, especially in the latter stages of the tournament. Payet seems to be playing as if he has a new lease on life.

23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Giroud: Goal every 2.88 games (17 in 49)
    Benzema: Goal every 3 games (27 in 81)

What's even more interesting is that a lot of those games Giroud came on as a sub. I couldn't find it but I would love to see the goals/minutes played for each player.

24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    took me girlfriend to a drive bar in pittsburgh took the bar owner put on espn1 2 .... finally was on espnnews had it on im like yayyyy

i swear every girl was cheering on Giroud even my girlfriend who doesn't care about football or watching sports was like wow whos this guy hahahah when he got the balls and scored those goals im thinking to my seft Benzema who lol

ALLEZ LES BLEUS !!!!!

25. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Even big Mac played good too lol