News: France / Cameroun France / Ecosse

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, May 7, 2016.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    • Amical
      lundi 30 mai 2016 à 21:00 - Nantes - La Beaujoire

France / Cameroun
    • Amical
      samedi 4 juin 2016 à 21:00 - Metz - Saint-Symphorien

France / Ecosse

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lucas François Bernard Hernández Pi
    Aymeric Laporte

both should get call ups for these games

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is no chance for Laporte. He's been out after getting injured playing for the Espoirs in march.

Ironic since he shouldn't have been playing for the Espoirs anyway.

4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    HAHAHAHAHAH SOOOOO TRUE !!!!!

Pandore repped this.
  5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    complete disagreement. playing for the éspoirs in important qualifying matches is important too, and should by no means keep you off the list for the euro. especially when you're captain.

of course that logic doesn't seem to hold for DD. the way to his heart is apparently either the bench of an english or spanish club... or mexico. why don't he die in a fire?

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    How does the logic not hold? He is injured and therefore cannot be selected...

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he could have been injured playing for A or for club. it doesn't have anything more to do with the éspoirs than it does with astrology.

fit as a fiddle he never would have been picked by DD. no more than umtiti. perrin maybe. failing that rami or mexès. but i've given up hoping for anything logical from this cretin. in terms of sélection he's the worst sélectionneur we've had in the 25 years i've been following les bleus.

8. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Jeremy Mathieu is needed this Euro he's fit pretty fast after Injury

soji22 repped this.
  9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Obviously, I'm not an idiot, I'm not saying he could only get injured with the Espoirs. ;) I was just saying that it was ironic since he should have been with the A team. I'm not saying it's DD's fault that Laporte got injured. The only thing that he is at fault for is not selecting him, which he should have been doing for the past few international breaks.

And yep, I agree. I don't think being injured is what's keeping him off the team. But at least Deschamps now has an excuse.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  10. pindal

pindal Member

Aug 26, 2010
    France has a really good team, I think it will do well at the euro but I hope Deschamps leaves after it as he doesn't select the best players like for exemple the Laporte case.

11. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For the first time that I can remember, France has an embarrassment of riches in the attacking third -- Gignac, Giroud, Lacazette, Griezmann, Martial, Coman, Ben Arfa, Payet. It's the defense that has me worried. If we win this year, I think it will be the consequence of outscoring opponents and maybe not the product of a stingy defense. I can't wait for June 10th.

12. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    about time .. hopefully DD has system setup to take advantage of these players

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm so sorry, but all I can do is laugh when Gignac and Giroud are used to prove the point that we have an "embarrassment of riches". :D

They are MORE than welcome to make me look stupid by each scoring in the final. ;)

But yeah, the defense is horrendous. For whatever reason, Deschamps has simply focused on Varane and hoped that his sheer potential would lead us to glory. Fast forward to this season in which Varane has been extremely disappointing for Real Madrid. Oops.

soji22 and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  14. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Didier Deschamps, sélectionneur national de l'Equipe de France, annoncera la liste des joueurs retenus pour l'Euro 2016 le jeudi 12 mai, en direct au Journal de 20h de TF1.

La préparation des Bleus sera ponctuée de deux matches amicaux. Ils affronteront le Cameroun le lundi 30 mai à Nantes (Stade de la Beaujoire), puis l'Ecosse le 4 juin à Metz (Stade Saint-Symphorien). Coup d'envoi du stage le mardi 17 mai à Biarritz.

[​IMG]

15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I hate that I'm kinda nervous and excited because I know that I'll be disappointed.

Does anyone think there's a tiny 0,00001% chance that there will even be one surprise name?

StarrMatthieu and soji22 repped this.
  16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the worst surprise is no surprise.

17. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So disappointing. Who knows how long we'll have to wait before we get to host another tournament.

I don't understand how it seems like we have so many talented players yet the list looks painfully mediocre.

18. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Giroud should definitely not be there based on his horrible second half of the season with Arsenal. I used to support him, but 15 league games without a goal is inexcusable especially with the creative talent around him.

Gignac, however, is a different proposition. I thought he was going to fall off the radar after his move to the Mexican league. You can say that he has been helped by Benzema's omission, but he has a drive, hunger, and determination that Giroud lacks.

I don't understand why Varane still has to play second fiddle to Pepe at Real Madrid. I think the fact that he isn't automatic first choice in Los Merengues' rearguard may be hindering his development into the elite centre-back whom most feel he is destined to become.

I would have loved it had Ben Arfa been selected. His inventiveness is the sort of thing that can turn a tight game in the knockout rounds.

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i like Giroud he could be our David Trezeguet in this euro ! i see alot of players who can score !

pindal repped this.
  20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    La liste des 23
    Gardiens : Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda, Benoît Costil

Défenseurs : Raphael Varane, Laurent Koscielny, Eliaquim Mangala, Jérémy Mathieu, Patrice Evra, Bacary Sagna, Christophe Jallet, Lucas Digne

Milieux : Paul Pogba, Blaise Matuidi, Lassana Diarra, N’Golo Kanté, Yohan Cabaye, Moussa Sissoko

Attaquants : Antoine Griezmann, Dimitri Payet, Anthony Martial, Kingsley Coman, Olivier Giroud, André-Pierre Gignac

Les réservistes : Alphonse Areola, Hatem Ben Arfa, Kevin Gameiro, Alexandre Lacazette, Adrien Rabiot, Morgan Schneiderlin, Djibril Sidibé, Samuel Umtiti

21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    really liking the Les réservistes :Alphonse Areola, Hatem Ben Arfa, Kevin Gameiro, Alexandre Lacazette, Adrien Rabiot, Morgan Schneiderlin, Djibril Sidibé, Samuel Umtiti

Lassana Diarra out
    Morgan Schneiderlin in

Blaise Matuidi out
    Adrien Rabiot in

Dimitri Payet out
    Hatem Ben Arfa in

Kingsley Coman out
    Alexandre Lacazette in

22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    La liste des 23
    Gardiens : Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda, Benoît Costil

Défenseurs : Raphael Varane, Laurent Koscielny, Eliaquim Mangala, Jérémy Mathieu, Patrice Evra, Bacary Sagna, Christophe Jallet, Lucas Digne

Milieux : Paul Pogba, Blaise Matuidi, Lassana Diarra, N’Golo Kanté, Yohan Cabaye, Moussa Sissoko

Attaquants : Antoine Griezmann, Dimitri Payet, Anthony Martial, Kingsley Coman, Olivier Giroud, André-Pierre Gignac

Les réservistes : Alphonse Areola, Hatem Ben Arfa, Kevin Gameiro, Alexandre Lacazette, Adrien Rabiot, Morgan Schneiderlin, Djibril Sidibé, Samuel Umtiti

23. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is so much talent coming from the centres de formations these days that there was always going to be a clutch of notable players on the outside looking in. This current crop may not the boast the strong personalities of the Zidane generation, but I can't help feeling that this group may go on to match the accomplishments of their illustrious predecessors.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    une liste en bois.

people are talking about "a team is more than just individuals", "the atmosphere in the group" yayda yada yada... it's all just trying to find a rationale where none seems to exist.

besides the fact many of them don't play in their club and/or are just downright mediocre let's consider the vie du groupe aspect.

the list is too predictable. the players are too comfortable together and too comfortable in their status in the NT. we NEEDED 2-3 players from the reservists to shake things up. bring some hunger. if les bleus play like they're in slippers and pyjamas and don't even get out of their easy group i won't be shocked.

put together the reservists plus benzema, kurzawa, benzema, ribéry and laporte (i know he's injured but this list proves even fit as a fiddle he had none chance to get a look from DD) and you've got a team with everything to prove that would beat this rocking chair 23 to a bloody pulp.

Pandore and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha, it's funny because my initial thought was how much stronger the reserves look in comparison to that pathetic team.

Sorry but if your team is being relegated, you shouldn't be called up.

And Cabaye, wtf? Matuidi, wtf? Sorry, but it's clear that DD doesn't watch PSG. Matuidi has had an extremely disappointing season. And I can't stand Rabiot, but he actually deserved to be called up to the team and not just for the reserves.

Gameiro also deserved to be part of the actual squad, IMO. Same with Ben Arfa.

How is this team better than what we had in 2014? If anything it's worse because Benzema won't be there, Varane is playing so terribly in comparison to 2014, and Matuidi is also in bad form. :laugh:

And I know you like him Matthieu, but Mathieu is not nearly good enough to be selected.