News: France-Belgique et Albanie-France FRIENDLY

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, May 22, 2015.

1. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pathetic!! This revolving door policy is going to be the end of France's hopes. Deschamps needs to wake the f--- up!!!

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  2. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    smell domenech all over again

CoDave repped this.
  3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Decided to go to the beach instead of watching the games today. Probably the right decision. It seems that everyone kind of sucked except Lloris and Valbuena. Maybe the haircuts really are the problem.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #54 Pandore, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Deschamps is one big problem (among other issues), to be honest. I don't know why he sticks with the likes of Giroud, Sagna, Sissoko... etc

Playing Griezmann (and Lacazette) on the wings just to accommodate Giroud is so pathetic. Then again, it's not even about Giroud, it seems like Deschamps hasn't watched a single Atletico game this past season.

Anyway, it's cool guys, none of this matters. Benzema will always start. :rolleyes:

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Griezmann did well on the wing during the WC. And Lacazette also has experience at right wing for OL. That in itself isnt the problem. Maybe its because the players really arent motivated right ahead of the vacation but you get the sense that there are very few French players that play up to their club standard, except maybe Valbuena, who is always giving 100%. Maybe that's partly Deschamps fault but I also think its something rooted in the player mentality of today. Club football comes first, everything else....whatever.

6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What did I miss lol we suck hahaha

Allez les bleus

7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Domenech is better than dd ! He coached in a world cup final !

guignol repped this.
  8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Griezmann was one of the best players in La Liga this season with Simeone playing him mostly centrally.

If he's not playing well, it's on Deschamps' system. There is no player who is as excited to play for France than Griezmann, so it's not a lack of motivation.

We can't blame all our bad results on a lack of motivation. The system doesn't work and the team selection is extremely poor.

Where's Laporte? Umtiti? Seriously, enough with the garbage selections, this isn't okay anymore.

9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I personally would hate to be in DDs shoes at this point. Because every time we think we have found a group of players that can do something together they end up underperforming in the next couple of matches. To me its a deeper problem than the coach because this shit has been happening ever since Zizou retired. Domenech didnt have the respect of the players but with Blanc and now with Deschamps there's still no soul to the team. It's not like Belgium's players are that much more talented....they just have mojo...something. Same thing with the US team. I feel that they would beat France right now and its not because the players are more talented. Its that collective fighting spirit. Maybe its all the money in football right now, but there's no spark. No magic.

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    All the stuff you're describing is the coach's responsibility. If we ever have a lack in talent, then fair enough, we'll try again in a few years. But that's not the case right now. We have the talent, it's just poorly managed. I don't even think it's a lack of motivation anymore (it was for quite a few years though). Deschamps has created double standards, which I think are hurting the team. He is too attached to certain players and it's hurting the team. And if he has his heart set on Varane leading the defense (which I would love in the right circumstance), then he needs to apply the same rules to Varane as the rest in order to make him change clubs.

There has been no progress since the World Cup. In fact, we've been getting worse and worse. That doesn't make sense when you see how our players have been getting better and better with their clubs (Griezmann, Pogba, Lacazette... etc). What does that tell you about Deschamps' ability to get the best out of his players?

But yeah, I miss Zidane. :(

11. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    To me its always a lack of motivation compared to other teams. When the players arent winning 50/50 balls and consistently having the same problems for year after year its more mental than physical.

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    With some players, the motivation seems to be missing, but there are others who I feel do everything they can each time (in a limited set up with many players lacking in technique).

But that is also a coaching issue. If Benzema (for instance) is on the pitch and looks disinterested (to be fair, he has been better about it compared to recent years), why would he keep him as an indisputable starter?

Overall, I just don't see what Deschamps has contributed. I think that win against Switzerland gave a lot of us (including me) rose tinted glasses when it comes to him.

13. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I think that most of us are in agreement about Benzema. He's just not as good for France as he could/should be. Blanc also seemed to trust him somehow, maybe hoping that his national team form would improve. Unfortunately he wont be really looking over his shoulder after these 2 games because noone has put his starting place in jeopardy.

14. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    it seems to me benzema doesnt have the grit to carry the french offense .. his more like giroud 2.0 .. when u compare him to the likes of neymar , zlatan, suarez, aguero ... benzema is not there

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    If this team is building for the future than Lacazette should be up top with Fekir behind him and Valbuena on the right, for now, and Griezmann on the left wing.

16. Wai93

Wai93 Member

May 11, 2015
    Malaysia
    The defense was so ****, pathetic effort

17. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Relax Frenchies. Only one team can compete with you at Euro 2016. Germany. Friendlies don't mean shit, it's at the major comps you have to worry about. You will go very far in 2018 also. You will win either the Euro cup, or the world cup.

18. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I hope you're right. There's definitely been something off about the squad lately though.

19. Pirlopurity

Pirlopurity Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Trust me my friend. France are great. You have a tremendous squad and come tournament time, will be ready. I for one do not want to face france as an Italy supporter and you would beat us. France have been our bogey team but your squad is simply better than Italy's. You guys got it right in 1998, you will dome the same again.

Pogba - Champion. Ribery, Benzema, Griezeman, great, great players. Giroud can score goals too. Defence is also very, very good with players plying their trade for good clubs. A tad unlucky vs Germany who were the best team at the world cup and destined to win it imo, that was always going to be their trophy. But you gave them a hard game. With a fantastic squad and boisterous home support, the only way you will lose before the final is on penalties imo. It will take a monumental effort to beat France in France and I say you will make at least the final.

AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thank you bro I'm hoping !

Pirlopurity repped this.
  21. Pirlopurity