France Are In A League Of Their Own – Voeller (R)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Sildegil, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    11/16/2003. Germany coach Rudi Völler did little to hide his awe of France after his side were beaten 3-0 by Zizou and co during a Euro 2004 warm-up at the AufSchalke Arena on Saturday.

"You have to tip your hat to the French. They truly are a superb team," admitted a humbled Voeller.

"Once they went two goals up we had no chance any more. The only way one can pull of a result against such a caliber of opposition is if you make the most of all your chances.

"At times it looked like they were toying with us," he added with a somber shake of the head. "Quite simply put they're in a league of their own."

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/r3503.html

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This French team are very good indeed when Zidane plays, they should certainly be the favourites for Euro 2004 if he is fit.

Saying that, they're not invincible or deserving of awe. I think they're a bit too lax defensively and wasteful in taking some of their chances. A very solid defensive team which is clinical in its chances can beat them, even if France have Zidane.

3. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    The french had 5 chances in the game and made 3 of them. I would call that clinical.......

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, but those were very good chances and the Germans are mediocre defensively.

5. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    One coach has finally seen the light and played Thuram in the centre of defense.
    I didn’t watch the game to the end. What happened when Gallas came on for Sagnol? Did he play RB or was Thuram moved?

6. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    hype can kill a team..
    look at the world cup..
    no goals and a first round knock out...

7. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france

Thuram played there because Desailly was not here, so I think he wil play in center only if Dessailly's not there, Gallas played on the right side...
    Santini said Barthez is still number one, if he can find a club during this winter, he will be a starter at the euro.
    I think we probably have more potential than in 98 and 2000, if the team is on is top, I can't imagine they loose...
    the only one who's not a top world class player in my mind is Sylvestre, I prefer Mexes, Boumsong, Gallas or Desailly...
    and of course the mystery Marlet, he's not at his place in this team, he was not here this week end because of an injury...
    the key for Euro will be the form of players, like it was in 2002...

8. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Thuram’s best position is CD, Desailly has become to slow and shouldn’t be starting.

9. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    I'm agree with you but unfortunatly I'm not Santini...and Sagnol do a great job on the right side, so we don't need thuram anymore here.