Fox Sports World....

Discussion in 'Germany' started by vflkirwan, Aug 5, 2002.

1. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    games gonna be on at 9AM again or taped delayed at 3pm.

Looking at Sat's DirectTV sched I have, it looks like the latter, but soccertv.com says still at 9am

anyone know for sure?

2. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    This weekend, the Bayern-Moenchengladbach match is on at 3PM only; not on live TV.

This Sunday, the HSV-Hannover match is live.

What it will be like in future weeks, i'm not so sure.

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    On a related note, FSW is currently showing a show called "Football Munidal" They just did a profile on Juergen Klinsman, who talked about living in the USA (I'm paraphrasing). "It's great. Nobody knows me here, so I can live like a normal person- anonymous. Except for the occasional European tourist or Mexican who recognize me evey once in a while."

Sad but true.

4. RhinosBoy21

RhinosBoy21 New Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Rochester NY, but or
    I saw the same thing about the Schedule of the Bundesliga on FSW. I remember last season they had a Live match at 9:30 on Saturday's and a Live match on Sunday's at 11am. Why do they always eff things up? Last season they began the season with no coverage of Bundesliga, and now taped?

All the good matches are on Saturday afternoons (9am Eastern US).

Any why don't they have a "highlight show" for the Bundesliga? I get one at 11am Monday mornings on a Polish channel i get (Polsat 2), so i can't really complain, but why not on FSW? They had one for French league last season, they have one this season for Argentinan League and the EPL.

FSW under rates Bundesliga or something? I mean, its only the best league in the world.

5. DAKCrew

DAKCrew New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I think they want to fill that noon hour with games. Wait until the rest of the leagues start up and there will be more live matches..... I hope

6. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I should be getting DirecTV installed this week.

FINALLY! :)

7. Bayern v. Gladbach? That will be fun.

What happend to Effenberg anyway? Did he go to Gladbach?

I am even more psyched to see 96 in action though.

8. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the way it was last year.There was a rare Saturday match that was live last season but all Sunday matches were live WITH NO REPEATS of the Sunday match.Sat. games were repeated Saturday night.

The four seasons before last year the Sat. game was live and so was a Friday game.The Sunday matches were only shown the last two weeks of the season during the title chase.

I would expect the same coverage this year.

9. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rare match live on Sat AM?

Every morning I woke up at 9...listened to VfL game on internet and watched live game on FSW...

10. Sounds like life is good on the east coast. Our nine am Saturday games out here are English Premiere League. I do not know whether they are live.

Sunday mornings we seem to have a fresh bundesliga game at 10:00 am, which is perfect timing usually.

But I watch almost all my soccer on Tivo and live makes little difference to me except for San Jose games which I like to attend in person when I can.

Brian, if you can afford it, I recommend that with your Direct TV you take a box that has a hard drive attached. I love that my Tivo can grab and store soccer games for me to view whenever I have the time. I also enjoy the slow motion playback feature.

11. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    FSW now has the Gladbach/Bayern game listed for 1 p.m. (and not 3 p.m., as mentioned earlier in this thread).

12. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    No he still hasn't found a club. Something tells me his career has come to a premature end