Fox Sports World...Doing Well?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cjschlos, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its soccer and I have the time, I will watch it. Usually. Football Mundial and the highlight shows from the EPL and Argentina are better than most anything else on that does not end in CSI.

2. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    im happy to read that fox sports world is doing well and i hope it keeps expanding.

3. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    "Yeah, Stamina!"

That makes me laugh every time. I will always have a warm spot in my heart for those Enerex commercials.

I love to see FSW doing well. It's about the only channel I watch other than ESPN2 for MLS.

4. Joe Hadar

Joe Hadar New Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Midwest
    I thought I was a soccer fan. Turns out, I'm a hurling fan. Thank you FSW.

CLASH!

5. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    I was suprised to find out that my college's cable lineup included FSW.

6. Damon_D.

Damon_D. New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    MD
    LUCKY BUM!

I dont even know if I can get it here at home, with all those dang trees in the back yard.

7. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

So how bad are your grades?

8. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought FSW would be doing worse due to Comcast.

My cable bill is $71 with FSW, my favorite channel. Were it not for having to get digital cable and whatever in order to get FSW, my bill would be $41. For the extra $30 the only meaningful channels I get are FSW and Bloomberg. But it is worth it.

Rugby is ok, but everything other than that and soccer is not to my liking. I wish they would cover the "Brains in Bahrain" going on. http://brainsinbahrain.com
    Or some judo tournaments.

9. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto....and get rid of Canadian Football too!

10. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although the CFL commercials are funny. :)

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Get rid of rugby! Get rid of Australian football! Get rid of the CFL! No more cricket!!!"

You know, FSW stands for
    Fox
    Sports
    WORLD.

not

For
    Soccer
    Weenies.

Some of you sound more provincial than the worst NASCAR fan.

12. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes please eliminate sports that might bring in hundreds of thousands more viewers and help the network's financial viability.

FSW already show as much live soccer as they can afford to broadcast. And I for one dont need all the repeats. I dont give a monkeys for Rugby League or the CFL, but dont mind that its on. Why dont we all do some reading while the TigerCats square off with the Eskimos?

Sincerly,

Dr. Sanctimonious

13. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about this -- FSW stands for Fox Sports World as in cover the World Game -- football (soccer) :).

It's just that we have so few media options available to watch the games, that I don't want the one channel we have to get diluted too much. Just expressing my personal opinion -- which I believe we're all allowed to do provided it's not racist, derogatory, etc.

Note, that I never said Rugby sucks or Japanese baseball sucks -- just that I'd rather not have it on FSW at the expense of soccer.

Of course, I'd be willing to bet that my wife would pay to have more Rugby, Cricket, etc. ;)

14. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    The CFL is cool I don't know why you people want fsw to drop it. The more world sports the better.

15. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    i knew that its inter/nat friednly weekend. but do they regularly show bundesliga matches?

16. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I like the guy's reaction to the babe's gush over "stamina" -- a textbook s**t-eating grin if ever there was.

17. Eben

Eben Member

Sep 16, 1999
    Fairfax, VA
    Yes, FSW regularly shows Bundesliga matches (usually two a week, one on Saturday and one on Sunday).

18. sljohn

sljohn Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Out of town
    Someone must have outbid them for the rights?!? [Or, should I say !??]

I didn't notice, was there a live webcast or did you have to settle for the match summaries to learn that "Fritz essayed the Tarrasch Defense against Kramnik's 1.d4."?

19. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's just Bigsoccergeek.com . ;)

20. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    HELL YEAH! I like this one. For those who don't know by now, the CFL is fucking awesome. If FSW could get the games that are on TSN, I'd switch to satelite immediately. But since I have the Sunshine Network at work, I don't need a dish. For now, I don't really care about UEFA, so I'll live with the occassional CL match on ESPN.

21. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, when the cable system upgraded to digital, the sports tier moved with it and the prices got jacked up. I lived without it (very regretfully, I must add), but I've done stuff like clean the deck and host 2 parties since I haven't had it. However, last weekend I was dying for it and I think I'm ready to sign up again. It sucks with this digital business, because I'll have to pay another 11 bucks a month to be able to watch on either of the two tvs (important to me). I have to upgrade the other set to digital - a major ripoff point of the digital business.

22. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    I've got digital. Still no FSW, 'cuz Comcast sux. Can't get a dish, as I've got a forest on the south side of my house.

Sucks to be me.

Oh, and I can watch the CFL every Sunday on CBC if I want. It's just not the same since the Ottawa franchise was renamed. I used to love those thrilling Roughriders-Rough Riders battles.

23. timbergreg

timbergreg New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Thank god for FSW!! It's far and away my favorite channel on digital cable (slightly ahead of OLN during their coverage of the major cycling Tours.)
    Coverage of the English, Spanish, German, Argentine and Brazilian leagues is tops but Scottish Premier has got to go. The Glasgow teams take all the fun out of it. Never a surprise. At least bring back the Dutch league.
    As for the other sports>
    Aussie Rules rules.
    Cricket is worse than baseball.
    The CFL blows (but their ads are excellent!!)
    Rugby is awesome but I would like to see more Union
    That's all.

24. DeRoDeRo

DeRoDeRo New Member

Jan 9, 2002
    HalfMoonBay
    I'm not even sure where my cable remote is. I think FSW has been on straight for a couple months now

25. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    LMAO! :p

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks that is the funniest line in TV commercials today.

I have to say the two new programs that I enjoy are the Fox Sports World Report and the Argentinian League highlight show. Hell, even that Argentine guitarist tune is starting to sound catchy.

One of the other things that I get a kick out of is the Celtic broadcasts that have the huge Celtic banner at the top of the screen and the two extras from Braveheart doing the radioesque commentary in a language that might possibly be english. Sure, its always Celtic kicking the bejeezus out of some team fresh out of the Sunday Rec league, but its entertaining as hell trying to guess what the commentator just said. :)