Fox Sports World available in Jersey?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by NYC, Aug 13, 2002.

1. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    A buddy of mine is trying to get his cable hooked up in Jersey (Bloomfield) and his Comcast rep says he can only get FSW in Spanish He thinks he's getting the runaraound, or this guy just has his head up his ass. Can anyone in Jersey let me know what the deal is?

2. Wabbit67

Wabbit67 Member

May 19, 2002
    Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ
    The deal is get Directv. You get Fox Sports World as a part of the extra sports package. Directv is more reliable than cable and usually cheaper.

3. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    It sounds like he's leaning towards that, but is it definitely not available on cable?

4. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's available with Cablevision but then he won't get that other important NY sports station....

5. nolram

nolram Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Bayonne, NJ
    get the dish 150 FSW comes with it, FS and msg also

6. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Umm you get Fox Sports Channel, but you don't get Fox Sports WORLD on Cablevision. As far as I know FSW is only available with a dish. (Please someone tell me I'm wrong)

7. MartyF

MartyF New Member

Nov 27, 1998
    You can get Fox Sport World from the Dish Satellite company. Its costs $45 a month . you will get about 350 -400 channels. I use to have it. However satellite TV is a hassel. Sometimes you lose reception when their is a light wind or even sun spots. I prefer cable, atleast if the cable goes out it's beacuse of a legitmate storm.

8. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    I live in central Jersey and had to get DirectTV to get FSW. Down here there is no other way. I like it better than cable anyway, it's cheaper, you get more channels and it only goes out during bad thunderstorms or heavy rainfall. If it's a light shower or just typical rainfall it doesn't go out. And if it does go out it's for about ten minutes or so (not like cable when it's hours).

9. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have FSW on Cablevision's I/O digital tier. With the minimum required to get the digital tier, it comes to about $68 with one box. Also Cablevision does not carry the MLS shoot-out package which should also be part of the decision.

10. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    That has never happens to me in he 3 plus years that I have Direct TV. The only time it goes out is when theres a HEAVY ThunderStorm. Usually you just wait for the storm to pass a bit, about 5-10 mins and its back on.

11. soccerdad

soccerdad Member

Dec 27, 1998
    montclair nj
    The rep is correct. I have the same Comcast service in Montclair as in Bloomfield.

I get FSWE as part of the Cañales package - its about $10 per month. I don't think you can unbundle FSWE from Cañales.

Good news is that FSWE is in essence "The Soccer Network". Has same day EPL followed by Bundesliga Saturday afternoons, live Argentine games on Sunday, and covers all of the Central and South American leagues all week.