fox sports net news

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by jmeissen0, Aug 2, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i realize that they do not have a national sports report anymore, it's all local sports reports now

but i was wondering if everyone's local sports report for their area net (mine being midwest and chicago) provided any coverage on the national team trip to the whitehouse or any preview for the all star game

my fox sports midwest did both... they had some coverage of the visit with the white house and then also showed an interview with local product, taylor twellman

i haven't seen the fox sports chicago local news show as of yet, so i don't know if they did that as well... i can say that midwest did a decent job during the world cup and has been known to occasionally bring up mls and the possibility of a team in st. louis (not to even mention hearing cardinal tv announcers bring it up)

-jim

2. Rev79

Rev79 New Member

Aug 17, 1999
    just curious, what exactly did TT have to say in his interview?

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep in mind Fox Sports Net carries some Chicago Fire games.

Not that that has ever kept ESPN from giving MLS short shrift on Sportscenter, but FSNC apparently has someone who cares a little about the game.

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    a couple of the local fox sports nets carry mls games

i know that chicago and new england both do... for the rest i don't know... i know when i first got fox sports midwest a few years back, they were promoting crew games (unfortunately that went away :()

i seem to have picked up more soccer highlights from fox sports midwest (basically st. louis) then i ever have from fox sports chicago though

as for the TT interview, i missed most of it... i only caught the end where he was thanking them, then back in the studio they went a bit more into how well he was doing and brought up some more st. louis area names in mls (be it just through slu or through growing up there)

5. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    I just got DirecTV. I don't know for sure but I'm assumming MLS matches on local FSN channels are blocked, correct? Due to the Shoot Out package...

Unfortunately, I'm considered to be in NY and get their local channels. So I can't any Revs matches on FSNE. :(

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    thought i would dig this thread up, as fox sports midwest (st. louis) once again provided mls highlights on their local sports report

before they went to commercial, they highlight taylor twellman possibly getting his scoring touch back after it being wayward for a few games... came back from commercial and provided highlights and a bit more in depth commentary

no dissing, completely normal st. louis coverage of a pro sport... meaning that everything got respect, it didn't get the same amount of time as any other game, but it was handled in much the same way as they handle other st. louis sports

now if st. louis coverage on FSM generally dissed lower end sports, i would fully expect them to diss soccer... they didn't, they handled it exactly like the other sports they cover

i just thought it worth mentioning as it's nice to see a non-league city devoting tv air time to a sport not in their area, of course it does pertain to twellman, but still