Fox Sports Espanol on DirecTV???

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by ChicagoTom, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I recently switched to DirecTV. As part of my plan I have the Sports Package. I was told and also saw on the website that part of the that package was Fox Sports Espanol. However, on Channel 616 and 425, where FSE would normally be, I see a shopping channel. It is not just infomercial stuff, but a real shopping channel. Last night I wanted to watch a Copa Libertadores replay at 11PM Chicago time and it was shopping crap on Ch 616 and 425.

Does anyone know if this channel is still working or it has moved to a different channel or something? Are any other DirecTV customers having the same problem with Fox Sports Espanol? Is this a problem on my end or DirecTV's end?

Thanks!

2. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. On two of my receivers (TiVo-based DVRs) I'm getting ShopNBC.com on that channel. On the third receiver (a D10) I'm getting a "Channel Not Available" message.

This is really strange because when FSE first moved to 616, I got the ShopNBC channel on all three receivers, and then magically, one day it started coming in and I had FSE for about 3 weeks, until now.

3. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am getting Fox Espanol on 616.

It may be that you don't have the most up to date software. These are normally sent automatically, but sometime they get hung up. You will have to call to have it resent.

Also go on line and look are you account to make sure they have the correct programming packages under your account.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    Will this require me to hook my phone line up? Or do these software updates come via the satellite? Thanks!

5. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe these update come over the satellite. I have one receiver not hooked up to a phone line, and it is receiving FOX Espanol fine.

I do know they revamped their programming packages. When I look at my account it says I have a package that doesn't extist anymore but they told me I am fine. It didn't affect my service, but who knows with others.

The customer service people are very helpful at Directv and should have up and running quickly.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I will call DirecTV and see what they say. I was on the phone with them twice yesterday and they were unable to resolve my problem. I reset machines and all that good stuff but it did nothing. Perhaps I will try again today.

Thanks!

7. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good thing is at the moment all you are missing is an infomercial for a very strange, dominatrix type undergarment for women to make them look slimmer.

Maybe it is too bad you are missing this. Gotta love Spanish language TV.

8. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dammit, why can't I get FSE to come in. Must see TV, for sure! :)

9. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually checking this thread because I was surprised to see Fox Sports Espanol (along with the Spanish language Gol TV) coming in on my TV last night. It wasn't originally offered with the sports package.

I'll try and remember to come back this weekend and post which channels, if that's any help.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    I was not getting Fox Sports Espanol because the technician for DTV installed the wrong Dish. He is coming back out next week to give me the correct Dish. I will then have FSE.

11. chelodelgado

chelodelgado New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    The best satellite package for soccer is Dish Network's Dish Latino Dos. It has Gol, Fsc, Fse and Espnd and the price is $35/month. From what I've seen of Directv, to get a package containing all these channel, you will have to fork over at least $50/month.

12. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, the DirecTV website lists FSE at channel 425.

13. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like DISH HD Gold + Latino Bonus pack better.

Granted it is more expensive than $35 per month. But on top of everything listed above, you get World Sport HD, HDNet and boatloads of other fantastic HD programming (non-soccer related) not available anywhere else. With the La Liga season starting up soon, just one weekly La Liga match in 1080i HD will be worth the extra cost for me.

14. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Gotta call Directv to get my FSE - 616 or 425?

I finally got Direct Kick on all my receivers after calling. Those idiots just put in on the main one. I had to notice the problem and demanded a credit. (Got it too).

Just got back on Setanta too.

15. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    I'm with Chandu! Throw in RAI & ProSieben and I'm almost set.

DISH's ViP622 receiver allows two simultaneous recordings while watching a third (actually three simultaneous if one is of a local OTA channel.)

Then ExpressVu (Sportsnet, TeleLatino, The Score -I hope-, FSWCanada, TV5) plugs most gaps left by US television. I wouldn't even leave home on weekends if I didn't feel the need to embarass myself in our local league.

16. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It allows you to record 3 simultaneous channels (as you listed above) while watching 2 simultaneous recordings from before.

17. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    My mistake. You are correct. Serves me right for responding at 2am. I do love the ViP622.

18. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FSE was on channel 425 on my DirecTV.