Fox Soccer Plus Blunder

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by trailrated09hbg, Mar 3, 2010.

1. DopeAddict

DopeAddict New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    I received a reply from FOX Sports regarding the dumbass crawl where they give away the score of the replay you're watching:

We are currently aware of this problem and are working on a fix that will correct this issue permanently. We thank you for your patience while this is achieved and are sorry for the continued inconvenience. We thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The FOXSports.com Support team

They are working on a fix? This ain't rocket surgery, FOX.

2. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006
    I got the same reply. The more people that write in and complain, the better.

How hard is it for them to fix??? Turn the damn thing off! Or at least the scores part...... sheesh!

3. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    They did it again on the Burnley-Stoke match last night.

4. iwmtv

iwmtv New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    This is a pretty dumb practice which they should address immediately. That email response sounds pretty generic.

I'll hold on to my $15/month, right now I don't think it's worth the money.

5. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    Just don't show the f**king crawl. That's the fix. Hell, I rather they show a few more ad's than that crawl.

6. yaz96

yaz96 Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Write in and complain. The more that do it, the better....

7. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Did it as soon as I saw it.

8. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Not true. The four-letter hasn't done this in years. I should know as I was one of their biggest critics of this practice.

I have not seen ESPN show the final score of a game during the overnight rebroadcast in a very long time. If they have reverted to this practice, it is only recently.

Thx,

Jay!

9. DopeAddict

DopeAddict New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    I should've been more specific. It's ESPN Deportes that now indulges in this practice.

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They said: "We are currently aware of this problem and are working on a fix that will correct this issue permanently."

That's not generic. Generic is the response they gave me just two days ago:

Thanks for taking the time to contact FOX Sports. We welcome viewer feedback, and appreciate your point of view. We will keep it in mind as we make decisions going forward.

Best regards,
    FOX Sports

11. R1PP

R1PP Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Swarthmore, PA
    Well they haven't fixed it yet. I saw the score for the Wigan v Aston Villa replay last night. It was tied 1-1 in the 30th minute. What a buzz kill? I am still paying the money, but this is getting ridiculous.

12. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if enough people cancel they'll come to their senses and get FS+ added to a premium or sports package.

13. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Fox has been good about listening to their audience... they finally heard us and gave us the Sky Sports commentary crews on the Champions League games.. its a minor hiccup that im sure they will correct.

Cantona---

14. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I tend to avoid Twitter because I try to watch too many games and don't want to see scores, which Fox lists on their Twitter feed, but it might be worth it for some folks who have already watched games they want to see to send some tweets to the Fox twitter site raising concerns about this issue.

I should note that I sent an email to them right when this thread started and got the standard response. In my message I noted that a large majority of people who watch FSC and FS+ go to the Fox web site, watch FS Report, and watch Sky Sports News so there really is no need to use the crawl. If we want scores, we will go to these other outlets. Now to be honest, I never go to any of these outlets, because I'm watching the games but if I just wanted scores and I saw the crawl then why would I need any of these other outlets. But this seems to be the faulty reasoning of many TV stations: ESPN did the same thing when they had the CL and Fox has repeatedly done this. If they are showing games on delay then it would seem that they actually want people to watch the games, but many people aren't going to watch if they already know the score.

15. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    I wish RCN would have switched me over; instead it's not avaialble.

With Liverpool/United this Sunday, I will be complaining (again) to RCN.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone said that it was added to the Sports pack on TimeWarner.

17. ChicagoAzzuri

ChicagoAzzuri New Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Chicago
    Twitter is a good avenue to vent, 'championsonfox' is at least one of their Twitter accounts

And I agree, at least some games from leagues like the Russian or French league. According to UEFA, these are in the top 6 in Europe (I've just kind of been interested in them lately after researching some of the clubs because of the clubs remaining in the Champions League). I was surprised to see how hard it is to find games for leagues like this when we now have to Fox channels, GOLTV, and ESPN covering soccer

Serie A is my favorite league because of my background (and I think knowing the culture, the cities, background/history, other/obscure characters, understanding the language, etc all help you like the league a lot more), but I don't waste my time with Fox Soccer Channel, and I'm guessing their ratings must be shit for those games since any Italian with any interest in the game subscribes to Rai International/RAI Italia which gives the 4 games a week (including live goal highlights as they happen during the morning Sun games) and a nice highlight/review discussion show on Sunday nights (It's not perfect, and sometimes FSC will have a different morning game on Sun which others might prefer, and of course now HD, which is more incentive), but my point is, I once watch Fox Soccer Report and saw tons of Serie A highlights from the smaller clubs and was just wondering 'why?', especially after I had seen extended highlights/discussion on the games on RAI already. I can see highlights of big moments/important to the standings, but after that, just list the rest and give the more obscure leagues some love.

18. Phillystile

Phillystile Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Northampton, MA
    somewhat off topic to this discussion, but a FS+/FSC question nonetheless: Now that Fox owns the rights to all PL (bar ESPN), Serie A, and FA Cup, is there something preventing them from replaying games that originally aired on one channel on the other? Instead of using the dead time on weekday afternoons when they're replaying FSC's weekend matches, couldn't FSC be showing replays of the weekend matches from FS+?

Would definitely throw a bone to all cable/sat subscribers that are without FS+ for the time being. What's to stop them from doing this?

19. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Why would anyone subscribe to FS+ if they do this? Most folks would just unsub from FS+.

20. Phillystile

Phillystile Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Northampton, MA
    I don't see how it hurts the product on one channel to show a match on the other delayed 3 days later. The same way they used to do it when we dealt with FA Cup and PL games on PPV.

21. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I am not waiting 3 days to watch United Liverpool.