News: FOX Soccer Daily Temporarily Off The Air

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by simont, Dec 30, 2013.

1. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No surprise. The show was at a foolish time slot and Wynalda does not belong on TV, he is horrible. I think ESPNFC is significantly better and with the limited amount of TV I watch outside of live sports, I am going to pick ESPNFC everyday. The big factor is that FSD often conflicts with live soccer, making it irrelevant. Hopefully they just put it on late-night going forward.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  3. UEFAJason

UEFAJason Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Needless to mention that FOX should eliminate the blue scrollbar during live matches.

I've seldom watched FS Daily, but the times I did I wasn't impressed.

4. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If something is needless to mention, do you know what most people do, they don't mention it. But sending Fox Soccer daily back to the drawing board is like having surgery on an ingrown toenail while you are dying of massive blood loss from a wolverine attack. Fox commentators do not work on the sports they allegedly "care" about. They cannot seem to find a balance between Gus Johnson and Ben Stein from the Ferris Bueller movie. I watched a basketball doubleheader on there a couple weeks ago and the first pbp announcer screamed at us and the second had to be prodded into speaking. They need new talent all over soccer isn't getting screwed by fox talent wise they are just terrible. I am dreading who they will roll out for the North London Derby in the cup this weekend.

5. FCBTEX

FCBTEX Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Frisco
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No surprise. This show is absolutely horrible and can't hold a candle to ESPNFC. I gave it a few tries but it just doesn't provide the viewer with good debate, analysis, or even entertainment. ESPNFC has about 15 people it can call on while Fox Soccer Daily has Wynalda, Barton, and Grant Wahl besides a couple others. Julie Stewart Binks is an ok host but here knowledge of the game is amateurish compared to Dan Thomas/Max Bretos. This is just another example in a long line of mistakes by Fox when it comes to soccer. I'll admit I'm biased and really with Fox would lose all its soccer content to other networks. They have zero respect for the game which is unfortunate since they have so much actual content(WC, CL, EL, Gold Cup, FA Cup, Bundesliga) and potentially MLS. Their whole operation looks shoddy when compared to ESPN/NBC.

6. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    ESPNFC and BEIN's The Locker Room are so much better.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I find this very surprising, I mean having 'FOX' on your CV is the ultimate! I'm sure its the first thing BBC, Al-Jazeera, ESPN, etc look for when they're hiring. How can FOX not get great talent to work for them? :sneaky: