Fox news: 'we're glad it happened now, over there'

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DJPoopypants, Jul 7, 2005.

1. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it is my opinion. I favor either doing nothing or at least staying tru to our ideals. If we're for spreading democracy, we should support it everywhere. Otherwise, we shouldn't. I'm sick of this "my principles are to do what's expedient" bullsh!t from the current, and recently previous, administrations.

2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    actually incorrect

Poverty in africa is killing millions - just not westeners
    global warming threatens the whole goddamn planet

3. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Media Matters now has a far worse audio clip from the day before the bombings from another Fox cretin, John Gibson:

4. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Now I'm speechless.

5. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    That is unbelievable.

Utterly mindblowing.

Who are these people?

6. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, If I recall, Hitler once wanted to burn Paris as the allies advanced, but his generals refused to do so.

Let me be the first to use hyperbolic rhetoric: Fox News are worse than Nazis!

7. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    When there are people like this in the world....what can you say? Wishing the deaths of innocent people...

I wonder who is worse, the one that carries out the attack based on misguided ideologies or the one who hopes for it to happen out of hate!

8. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Now that is offensive.

9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fvck Fox... Well, it almost rhymes... HOw disgusting can you get!?

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

yeah, he's a clown that isn't as funny as he thinks

seperated at birth?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

well... i know which one i find a more credible source anyway

11. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm scared to go check that clip out on Media Matters.

I don't think it is possible for me to get any angrier right now.

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    also from media matters: http://mediamatters.org/items/200507070007

brit hume (who the republicons constantly insist is an honorable newsman lol)

his first thought upon hearing of the london attacks?

lovely, just lovely

13. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    I stayed out of the political discussions over the attacks thread because I knew I'd get even more pissed off as people pushed their own political agendas and use the devastation as a spring board. This is worse than even that. I think I should stop posting in political forum or at least those relating to the attacks for a few days otherwise I might say things I would prefer not to.

14. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    don't forget that "even a war for fuel needs fuel" ;)

15. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Unbe-********ing-lievable...

How does someone which such a disdain for human life stay on the air? You are really ********ed up if the death of innocent civilians, regardless of their nationality, means nothing to you. You're bordering on sociopathic, once you get to such a point.

16. fishbiproduct

fishbiproduct New Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Pasadena Ca.
  17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ummm is gibson taking any flak for this stateside? did he apologize or anything?

18. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You know, I now remember why I hadn't visited Media Matters site for a while... my blood pressure. Ugh.

Bluedaddy, without MM I don't think any of us would know they were saying things like this on Faux. Not even a blip on the news radar here in the States, as far as I can see.

19. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only on Bigsoccer could meaningless quotes from Fox News have seven pages of responses. The liberals are outraged, I say, OUTRAGED!

20. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That's because we aren't totally hollow from the inside out, "Ian". That, just by the by, is why we still have the capacity to feel pity for people like you, even though you've never earnt such consideration.

21. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Plus, of course, if this had been some Frenchie on Canal+ and they had been talking about, say, Chicago you'd be blowing more gaskets than Dick Dastardly's back-up racer.

I only return to point this out because you of course lack the intellectual and moral honesty to figure that out for yourself and factor that in to your next choice of post.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, you'd think the emotional outrage would be directed at the perpetrators rather than at the commentators. Even though I personally dissagree with the comments of this particular fellow who was quoted at the start of this thread, I have enough sense to realize that the enemy (the hollow individual, if you will) is not the talking head but the bombthrower.

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    But the talking head who thinks that the terrorist bombing a foreign capital is just fine and dandy, isn't a hollow individual?

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Read the transcript, that is not what he was trying to say. His point was that it was a good thing that the G8 were meeting when the attack happened, not that the attack itself was a good thing.

Let me prephase my next point by saying that I realize that I am reading between the lines as well, but I think I am closer to the mark in interpreting what he said than those who are arguing that he is saying that the bombing was a good thing.

Having said that, where I dissagree with this reporter (who btw I never heard of before, and I don't know anything about him at all, other than reading the trancripts which were presented here in this thread) is that in his view it is a positive thing that the G8 leaders were forced to face the fact that the war on terror is more important the issues of poverty in Africa and the environment. I emphatically dissagree that those other issues should take a backseat to the fight on terror. I don't think it is an either-or proposition, and I believe that we should strive to help Africa, to clean our environment, and to unite in the fight on terror.

I think his opinion is wrong, but that doesn't make him a hollow individual, not in the way the bombers and those who planned the bombing are hollow individuals.

25. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You'd also think that anyone with more than 10 seconds to spare for perusing the Bigsoccer Politics forum would realise that the emotional outrage is directed at both targets, the former being a proportionately larger recipient than the latter.

That's the thing with people not blighted by a right-wing disposition - to us multi-tasking is not just something that happens at our place of economic productivity. It's something that extends into our moral existence as well.