Fox Footfall Call-in: Yallop is done [?]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tk421, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Ron86

Ron86 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Fox Footfall confirms Yallop is done

I don't thinkg the Galaxy will travel to SAN JOSE ANYMORE. Looks like THe Quakes will play in SAN FRANCISCO FOREVER. LOL JOKE is ON YOU

2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well thats good for us. If Yallop has to go, Klinsman works for me.

I've seen him and his family at the HDC, the Rose Bowl and Titan stadium dozens of times so at least we'll be getting someone with a little Galaxy green and gold ...errr....galactic blue and gold in his blood.

I'm on board. Make it happen!

3. etastic

etastic New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: FSC Reporting a move has been made

quakes don't want Yallop, he's a chump.

4. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1. JK didn't pass on the US job, the two parties just couldn't come to an agreement. that's a lot different than just 'passing' on an opportunity. he was on board with the US job as long as he could coach under his guidelines. USSF didn't budge.

2. MLS ruining future coaching opportunities? tell that to Carlos Alberto Parreira. he went from the sorry MetroStars to coach one of the top national teams in the world. JK will be fine if he succeeds or fails in the MLS. most would chalk it up to him just not knowing the "batshit rules system."

5. EL GATO SOLITARIO

EL GATO SOLITARIO New Member

Aug 28, 2007

Maybe Mr. Lydon is the Galaxy's next coach.....

6. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Honestly (and I'm not just trying to be a smartass here), Lalas is ABSOLUTELY that foolish, and the FO has shown very little inclination to temper the buffoon. You just have to look at the short-sighted player trades and silly comments that he has made. He has gambled on the player trades and lost big time. With nearly each trade he made, I groaned, and thought to myself, "now that was a bad move, what were they thinking? Maybe they know something I don't???" Apparently, not.

Now, yes, I agree that I would be surprized if a guy with the stature of Klinsmann would be foolish enough to step into that beartrap. Honestly, I just can't see Klinsmann working under Lalas at all. If Klinsmann shows poor enough judgement to work under Lalas, after what we have all witnessed over the last 6 months, then I have no confidence in his judgement, either.

7. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hell will freeze over before JK coaches under Lal-ass Clown.

AEG probably want him to take the GM and manager positions. JK's kind of a control freak, so he'd probably like that. it's basically the setup Arena has in NJ.

8. sprovi

sprovi New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Where I breathe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Fox Footfball confirms Yallop is done

The only person Lalas should be firing is himself. (Think Simpsons comic guy here): Alexi Lalas, worst, GM, ever.

9. deek_md

deek_md New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Orange County

although i want to believe, fox football fone-in is hardly a reputable source, especially if they admit to be purely speculating. We are basing a thread on a guess by FFF? we must really really want FY out.

10. sprovi

sprovi New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Where I breathe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you have kids, and I do not know if you do, you may understand this a little more. The intrigue of doing what you love you do WITHOUT having to move your kids away or be away from your kids and still cashing in on a pretty damn good paycheck can outweigh many, many things - even if that means coaching in MLS rather than the EPL. You're right, he can coach anywhere he wants, but the fact is he hasn't taken any opportunites. Why not? Again, being a father of two, I've got a good idea. Just trust me, you need kids to understand this logic.

Plus, if he does suck it up with LA, it absolutely will take away a lot of his credibility. But consider the alternative. What happens if he takes this team and in one season turns them into MLS Cup Champs? It may not help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

11. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: FSC Reporting a move has been made

I'd call that win-win for Frank.

12. sprovi

sprovi New Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Where I breathe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As I was saying...:)

Sorry, you pretty much beat me to it...and of course I got to this post AFTER typing out my reply.

13. Itsakitnotajersey

Itsakitnotajersey New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal

Lets not forget that Germans themselves did not have faith in Germany during the WC06. No one picked the team to do as good as they did. Klinsy elevated that team and he will definitely do the same to L.A. Look at what Sven is doing at ************. I am sure JK has been watching this Galaxy team with a close eye. It wouldn’t take him long to breathe life into this team, get players playing in the right positions and playing the right formation based on the players he has. Also, it will go from Beckhams club to JK’s club. JK will be the Phil Jackson to Beckham’s Jordan (or for those of you too young to remember; the Jackson to Beckham’s Kobe).

14. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think you have a really good point, at least to an international point of view. As for American point of view (for what its worth) Becks is much larger then JK. I really think this whole thing is a rumor and Yallop is not going anywhere. However if he does then it defiantly is an upgrade but I think the timing is really bad and it’s not a fair situation for Yallop.

15. Itsakitnotajersey

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal

(sorry for the font btw, I am copying and pasting from Outlook. Bosses you know, lol)
    Becks will always be larger than JK, just like Jordan was always larger than Jackson; yet, you need a coach with just as big of an ego to handle a big ego. I think it will be the perfect marriage. Just don’t leave any boots laying around the locker room.

16. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

what?

sven was a shit national team coach. sure he looked good in comparison to keegan, but who wouldn't. he's a good club coach and that's why mac city is off to a decent start.

klinsmann has done nothing at club level management, and when i say nothing i don't mean that figuratively. he hasn't had to deal with salary cap issues, cross-country flights, wednesday/saturday game schedule. he hasn't shown any ability one way or the other to identify talent. his only competitive showing was at home in front of a perhaps skeptical, but certainly enthusiastic and raucous home support.

he got to deal with a team comprised of the best of the best in germany. every position had at least two players who would walk in to most top-tier teams in europe. we've got kyle veris and alan gordon.

i have no doubt in my mind that klinsy could be an excellent coach for this team. there's plenty of evidence that suggests he could be good, but he could easily be atrocious and there's no evidence to the contrary.

besides our problems run far deeper than the coach. unless big changes are made from the top (aeg) down to the bottom (training staff) klinsmann will just be another failed coach in the circus that has been the galaxy for the past 4 years.

17. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good point, well written.

18. RossUSA

RossUSA New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Anaheim Hills

I'm surprised nobody talked about Johnny Rotten's response when asked "do you go down to the home depot center to watch LA."

"Oh no I like a proper game of football me, none of that sissy staff that goes on dawn there."

19. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

.....And my employees wonder why I limit their internet access.... :rolleyes:

20. Itsakitnotajersey

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal

Good points but you forget that the Germany team, although looking good on paper now, didn't look hardly as good prior to the Cup starting. Now of course, most host nations do good in the Cup because of that home support and officials who fear for their lives, but there was no inclination that Germany would finish as good as they did.

A megalomaniac coach like JK will demand changes without fear, that is why he will make this club better than it is.

21. Itsakitnotajersey

Jul 20, 2007
    SoulCal

Probably because he is a crackhead and a former member of one of the most overrated bands in rock n roll history. He is still living off of things he accomplished 30 years ago. Isn't he hosting some terrible show on VH1 now?

22. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if........

Klinnsy took LAlas' job, and Cobi took Yallop's job? Hmmmmmmm.....

BTW, Yallop shall be henceforth known as "Throwup".

Thanks,

Topper

:D :D :D

23. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007

FERGIE JOKE ! HAHAH

I love it.

We might see that story if JK gets hired.

"foxsports reports that after the 2-1 loss to the Revolution lastnight, coach Klinsmann stormed into the galaxy locker room behind his players and place kicked a stray soccer cleat into the left eye brow of David beckham. reports are still coming in but, from what we know, the scar tissue from the boot Sir Alex ferguson kicked into the same spot is now split open. David beckham is in serious condition."

24. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

i didn't forget. germany were not expected to do well klinsmann did a decent job. however they had an easy group stage and when faced with good competition went 1-1-1 (tied argentina, lost to italy, beat portugal for 3rd place). let's also not forget that germany went to the finals in the previous world cup so a semi-final exit was something of a step down for the program. a step up from the very poor showing at euro 2008 (though who wasn't poor in the tournament?)

i will welcome klinsmann with open arms and high expectations if his hiring is confirmed, but i remain skeptical to his ability to deal with the general hardships of club football and the specific constraints of mls.

and again our problems are not the domain of a single entity, there's plenty of blame to go round. by the very nature of this year versus next whomever is the coach is going to "turn this team around" simply by having the full compliment of players from day one and not having some dumb-ass schedule foisted upon us by the other clubs.