Fox Footfall Call-in: Yallop is done [?]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tk421, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Re: Fox Footfall confirms Yallop is done

Wishful thinking. I think this has more to do with Beckhams clout than anything. Been meaning to tell you shirtees... I like the boxing kitty. And what a left hook!

2. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are you for real, next season! Change is needed now before the start of next season, the players would have had an understanding of his style of coaching and the team could have a head start on gelling together under the new system. That way when next season starts they can already be in a rythem and not a rythem of losing while learning the new system under the new coach...

3. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And I was thinking of getting rid of the cat myself!

I remember before the Sigi and Steve firings we complained months beforehand how they needed to be fired. Sometimes I wonder if our complaints carry any weight whatsoever.

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He may not be able to make players better, but he could probably bring in players that will fit his mold and follow his lead. Looks like another teardown and rebuilding.

If Yallop's leaving is true, it'd be strange if they did it before SuperLiga final. After that, win or lose, I could see them make that announcement.

5. jgaugust

jgaugust New Member

Aug 24, 2007

I actually feel as if it was a pow-wow stating that Yallop's final game will be tomorrow and that they will officially fire him on Wednesday. Hopefully we do get Klinnsy because I do believe he can turn the club around next season.

6. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

The speculation is, he's already coached his last game.

7. Flagreekguy

Flagreekguy New Member

Aug 13, 2007

Theres no need for me to even say "I agree" with this. It should be an immediate assumption from all LAG fan's tonight.

There is no way in sam hell they bring in a new coach 24 hours prior to the team taking the pitch for a final in a tournament. theres just no way.

not only do I not think Lalas or LAG FO is that foolish. But i couldn't imagine any new coach wanting that responsibility. NO ONE.

if Fergie himself came to coach, he wouldn't want that responsibility

8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

probably needed to happen. i still think frank is a good coach, but something went very badly awry this season – no complaining when he takes over san jose and they kick our ass again.

i wonder how this will affect the team for tomorrow? the players all seemed to like frank.

9. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Elmer polanco was on espn deportes radio here in LA. Its a done deal but Yallops last game is on Sat against RSL. Klinnsi takes over afterwords. But the season is done were going to rebuild for next year:(

10. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

fixed you post

hey topper can we change our forum thread title: "LA Galaxy: Rebuilding since 2003"

i hope AEG gives jurgen a guaranteed 3 year contract regardless of what happens next season.

11. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

True, but stranger things have happened with this club this season, like Beckham playing the full 90 minutes in two game in two different parts of the world in just over 24 hours of each other!
    The thing is you never know, and with this club logic goes out the window...next to worst in the league with 3 wins for the season and yet set to possibly win SuperLiga!

12. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I call BS, this is wishful thinking guys...

13. BrightEyesLA

BrightEyesLA New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Los Angeles

Exactly. Great points. If klinnsy takes over now it gives him a chance to evaluate the situation now. It'll help him determine who stays and who goes. Plus he gets a feel of the other MLS teams. He's a foreign coach who might not know whats going on. Giving him the reigns now gives him time to get use to all of that. I would be more comfortable with Klinsmann taking over after the final though. It'll be too hectic of an atmosphere for a final, but thursday morning I wanna see Klinsmanns face on every newspaper here declaring him new coach.

14. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, on occasion the first...after all, a fan revolt is something management has to at least ponder over. But I think usually the second, for those involved can be so caught up in the details of their effort, and their hopes and blind spots, that they often fail to detect an unhappy truth until they've been gobsmacked by it. Of course, once they are gobsmacked then they usually do act ;)

15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I hate to agree but I do. I can't understand why JK would want this job.

We'll see...

16. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This move for Klinsmann, and sooner rather than later, makes great sense. But then I thought the move for Klinsmann for Nats manager made great sense, and look how we got USSFed Up on that one....so, I will believe it when I see it.
    But, ya gotta admit, it would be fun to see Stevie Nicol contra Klinssi :D

17. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't really either. The only way I see it as any kind of possibility of happening is if he wanted to use this as a stepping-stone situation by which he could launch a club coaching career while still remaining in Southern California for the time being. But that said, I'm still very skeptical of these rumors.

18. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Klinnsman could coach at just about any club team he wanted -- anywhere in the world -- RIGHT NOW. why doesn't he? 1. the perfect opportunity hasn't come up yet. or ... 2. he doesn't want to leave Southern California (wife + 2 kids under 10 yrs old). (or maybe both)

to me, coaching the Galaxy makes perfect sense. i don't why you and others can't understand why he'd be interested.

1. it allows him to get back into coaching
    2. it allows him to stay in SoCal w/ his family
    3. it allows him to cash a sick paycheck for not a whole lot of work (nothing like an EPL/Serie A job, especially in terms of stress levels)
    4. get to coach Becks & whatever superstars MLS inevitably lets LAG stack their roster with next year

i don't know about you guys, but that sounds like a pretty sweet gig to me. Juergen's in the position where he can take an EPL or Bundesliga job 1/2 way around the world (thus causing stress on his family). or he can take similar money to coach the MLS team in his backyard.

yeah ... you're right, CyphaPSU ... i can't think of any reasons why JK would be interested in the LAG job either. :rolleyes::p

19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here is why I don't get it...

He could have done all of the items on your list (Save coach Becks) with the USA job and passed on it.

AND...

as you say right now his stock is so hight he can coach just about any club in the world, coaching the Galaxy can only hurt his future career opportunities. If he does poorly in MLS, it's less likely a top club will sign him to be their manager (it adds credibility to those who still doubt his Germany performance) If he does well, I doubt anyone in the world will give him much credit due to a lack of understanding of MLS.

These are the two reasons that make me think he'll not be inclined to take our job.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

20. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jooo berry

If this rumor on FFF is true about Yallop.

August claims another Galaxy coach.

The dog days of August.

21. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

Wow, sounds like some good news for most Gals fans! Seems best for Yallop as well.... he can still land elsewhere in the future without being thought of as a total disaster.

Here's my thought.... a release of such epic proportions should be a reason for celebration. I see a Friday am press conference, STH's get in free, LARS sings, and bring in the mayor again so someone gets booed louder than Lalas. But make it a "release" announcement conference only. The FO will want to do another to announce the new coach next week.

Congrats - and see you on 9/13! Hopefully you'll have a healthy squad and some new leadership.

22. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Jooo berry

and u know this how???

23. etastic

etastic New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

maybe if an over-the-hill Klinsmann suited up, Galaxy might have some more quality on the pitch. Seriously, your team roster is just sorry.

Look forward to seeing RSL beat you on the weekend. Galaxy/LA/SoCal suck. Go Quakes!

24. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

klinsmann promised his wife that after his playing career they would settle down in southern california; that's why he commuted to germany while he was coaching them. he won't be looking for any jobs outside of southern california anytime soon.

25. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The man finished 3rd in the World Cup with Germany and he Could flop with Real Madrid or any top league club, if he fails with the Galaxy very unlikely, but if he does his World Cup team finished 3rd and that will not change. He will be fine, it's like those people that said why would Becks sign with MLS. Wait and let us see what really happeneds in the next couple of days. I am in Miami and the word is spreading here also, the buzz is out there and something is happening and it's going to be big that is for sure!