Fox Football Friday returns August 5th!!

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Stephen1164, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the Fox Website the boys are back as of August 5th!!! Way to go Nick And Steven!

2. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    awesome. let's hope it's not as amateurish this time :)

3. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like people either love them or hate them but that's what's fun!!

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Allo! Allo! Fox Football Friday!!!!!

5. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    please somebody make this a half hour show.

6. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    easy: After 1/2 hour, change the channel!

7. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FFF is easier to take once you realize it's just a commercial for whatever games FSC is showing this week.

8. It already is, if you have TiVo.

These guys are responsive to viewer input, if you don't like the non-US focus, send them emails and call in about MLS and USMNT issues.

9. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    Ok, so here's what they need to do to make it better:

more shows on remote. get the boys in a pub with a crowd and the show is a lot better.

10. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Southern Minnesota
    Actually that's a pretty good idea considering the format of the show. Don't they broadcast from Los Angeles? There ought to be plenty of places they could go.

11. Hawki

Hawki New Member

May 4, 2005
    NorCal, USA
    Well ... I for one am very glad to see they're going to be back. While I don't always agree with their analysis & views, they do stir up the brain cells.

Besides, what other show even comes close to the format?? They truly are interactive with the audience.

12. Dkrift

Dkrift New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    The Valley
    Steven spends enough time as it is at the pubs.

13. Dkrift

Dkrift New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    The Valley
    Who cares about the US focus? There's always ESPN for that. I rather watch them discuss important leagues and countries in the world of football than the second tier teams the MLS put together year after year.

14. AZSaint

AZSaint New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Mixed feelings personally. It's a fooking awful show because the pair of them are talentless BUT they do their best to promote the beautiful game here so that can only be a good thing I suppose. I just hope they've spent their summer off constructively because if they think the show doesn't need a LOT of improvement they're mistaken. Skinner and Baddiel those two blokes are not. The phones have to go and I agree with the idea of having it in a pub. And it doesn't have to air live does it? Film a couple of hours in a pub on Thursday night and put in the best half hour on Fri night. They could probably manage that much couldn't they?

15. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    They've frequently mentioned on their radio show that they would prefer to do the show out of a pub or with an audience but with the limited budget of FSC they can't. A lot of the issues can't be solely blamed on Nick and Steven since they are not the ones responsible for the poor production quality. They do need to work on the whole being on tv thing, they haven't quite mastered which camera to look at and other basic tv stuff.

16. Longshoe

Longshoe New Member

Mar 6, 1999
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Welcome back boys, I do like the idea of more remotes from pubs. It gives the show a little more life. Personally, I'd love to see more of a focus on American soccer (or at least, not such a dismissive tone towards the American coverage you do give), but I love the show for what it is.

17. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go away worthless troll.

They won't ever totally focus on U.S./MLS because it's a weekend preview show for FSC. Since FSC only shows one MLS game a week, they won't be a major focus. Since FSC has multiple EPL matches a weekend (and the hosts are both from England), that will always be the major focus.

A dedicated weekend preview show for MLS as a whole would be nice, maybe they could run the two back to back?

18. Joel Kennedy

Joel Kennedy New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    ATL
    Agree. Last year's shows from that bar were great ... the crowd adds something.

Anyway I'm quite pleased to see them back! In an odd way I enjoy the "public access" feel of the show....

19. JasonC

JasonC New Member

May 21, 2001
    Billings, Mont.
    You're joking, right?

There the MLS game of the week, US internationals (but not all of them) and.......?

20. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ
  21. Stephen1164

Stephen1164 New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Heartofmid

Heartofmid Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Acushnet
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyway I'm quite pleased to see them back! In an odd way I enjoy the "public access" feel of the show....[/QUOTE]

I agree with Joel, the amatuer feel of the show made it that much more entertaining.

23. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    YES - this show is like bad pizza. It's still digestible and pretty enjoyable when all is said and done.

Sure they're idiots, but so are the rest of us. That's what i like about it. As long as they don't get Michael Irvin, it'll be watchable. :D

24. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    Is it really starting up this week? I've looked at the guide on my cable box and it's not listed, the website says it's being updated and FSC's programming schedule doesn't have it listed.

25. They live in the unimportant US and many watchers live in the unimportant US (whose team by the way is currently higher-ranked than England) so some coverage of MLS and USMNT is appropriate.

I don't think you watch much ESPN; few soccer matches are shown there, and I'm not aware of any regular soccer programs.