Fox Deportes HD finally on DirecTV?

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by socceraction, May 7, 2015.

1. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Reports say that DirecTV is testing Fox Deportes in HD on one of its transponders. In most cases, this means it will be available to customers "in the near future". I have seen it take days, weeks and (rarely) months. But note that it has been known to simply come to nothing.

Bottom line: new satellite (D12) transponder #9 is testing Fox Deportes in HD. In 80% + cases this means the channel will show up for customers soon. Cross your fingers....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

InterFan76 repped this.
  2. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's awesome. Libertadores in HD on the FOX App is great. It will be even better once the channel is in HD.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone use the Directv app to record shows? I totally forgot Boca vs River tonight and wanted to DVR it from my app. Weird when I search FoxFeportes by name or number the channel does not come up. I had to search Copa Libertadores. Anyone else have this issue?

4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is related to its imminent addition as an HD channel. I guess as part of the update it disappears until it's updated to add the HD channel.

This is a strong indication that this won't be one of the 10% of cases that the test comes to nothing.

5. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You might be right. I contacted DirecTV and they had no clue of the issue with the app. They didn't even mention FoxDeportes HD when they contacted me. I really hope it's the case that FoxDeportes goes HD.

6. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you need to record using the app (or use the app to see what is on), go to app settings and unselect "hide SD duplicates." You'll see fox deportes again on 425/624.

InterFan76 repped this.
  7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks that solved the problem.

8. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    This is great news. One of the true holes in DTVs programming. I wish more Spanish package channels would appear in HD. And Deportes in HD will help make up for the joke that is Fox Soccer Plus on DTV, where $15 per month gets us part-time HD and repeated mistakes when it comes to turning on the HD channel (e.g., first round of Euro 16 qualifiers had some in HD and some in SD only and the recent A-League 1/2 final was live but only on the SD channel).

9. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Well, that didn't take long. It's on in HD now. Just in time for Libertadores tonight, which is great news.

daniloni repped this.
  10. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yup it looks awesome can't wait to see SPFC in glorious HD!

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  11. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching Cruzeiro vs São Paulo FC looks awesome in HD!

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's been a long wait haha. Free at last!

13. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hell yeah now if GolTV and TyC go HD I'd never leave the house lol

14. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Yeah it looks great, and it's nice that so far Fox has not used the crawl. I'm running late on the first game tonight so maybe the crawl will kick in during the 2nd half. Deportes uses the worst crawl of any network because 95% of the information is completely unneeded for a crawl: goal leaders in leagues, league positions, and dumb news headlines like "Pep says he is staying at Bayern." Now if only they would refrain from editing delayed broadcasts of Libertadores and Sudamericana matches and refrain from using split screens for goals during simultaneous games, Deportes would be perfect. But the move to HD is a huge improvement. I'm ecstatic.

InterFan76 repped this.
  15. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DirecTV def delivers when it comes to sports and sports in HD!

16. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I'm through Cruzeiro-Sao Paulo and 65 minutes into Corinthians-Guarani. No crawls and no spoilers. Perhaps Fox is aware of what it means to go HD on DTV and in the spirit of the late Eduardo Galeano Fox is making choices in the interest of the football fan. I know I'm getting greedy here, but here's hoping to a non-edited version of the delayed match tomorrow afternoon.

17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Loving Libertadores in HD! Right now watching the River-Boca derby for the first time ever in HD. Watched plenty in SD but in HD it makes the derby so much better. I thought I'd never see this match in HD. All we need now is English SAP and I'll be set for Libertadores.

18. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    While I completely agree with the above statement, last night's events also prove that when energy transforms itself into fanaticism, the fans give the sport a black eye.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

19. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree stupid they ruined it for their so called beloved team.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  20. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is SUUUUCH great news. Thanks forthe news, Socceraction.

With that said, any idea if Fox will ever offer the LIVE matches of the Libertadores that they end up showing a day late or hours later instead of a REPEAT Champions League match to be moved over to their app?

If they could do that, I'd be happy. I just hate the fact that I can't watch some Libertadores games LIVE because Fox rather show a repeat CL game f rom earlier in the day over a LIVE libertadores match....

21. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely. However, now that we're at the quarter-finals stage, there shouldn't be any more overlap between the games. I note that this week, there are no games scheduled concurrently. Besides games at the same time, earlier in the competition (and in the Copa Sudamericana) Fox frequently showed UEFA champions league replays over live Copa Libertadores/Sudamericana. Extremely annoying. So this is definitely a valid criticism for future competitions, but in the current competition, we should be able to see all games live.

22. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000

I just updated my site and can tell you that EVERY quarterfinal 1st leg is LIVE on Fox Deportes. I expect the same for the 2nd legs as there are no time conflicts for those matches either.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.