FourFourTwo : best players in the Cola League [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Poachin_Goalz, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.
    The new FourFourTwo contains a list of the 50 best players in the English professional leagues not playing in the Premiership. Three Americans were ranked in the top 50. Drumroll please...
    (Rank to the left)
    #38 - Eddie Lewis
    #14 - Marcus Hahnemann
    #10 - Bobby Convey
    Hopefully all three will be in the Premiership next year.

2. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't suppose you could post the other 47, could you? It would be greatly appreciated. That is all.

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    It was posted a few weeks ago.

4. USAin2006

USAin2006 Member

Sep 7, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was also an American, the Hull City goalkeeper, who I'd never heard of on YA, who was listed ahead of Marcus at #12 (admittedly, they said he moved to England when he was one, so....)

5. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Boaz Myhill.
    And that's more than enough Americanness to get excited about. He probably learnt all he knew in the US anyway and it's where he got his unbounded athleticism.

6. USAin2006

USAin2006 Member

Sep 7, 2004
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HA! Yeah, I hope the days of the Thomas Dooley, Earnie Stewart and, eek, David Regis, are over (don't get me wrong, those first two were great MNT players). It's just that it's nice to have a side with players who, while not necessarily born here, were raised in the US. I'd much rather take someone like Freddy than those guys - what's more American than someone who emigrated here. It's about as American as you can get!

7. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this case they're over because Myhill is cap-tied to England. Otherwise I'm certain Arena would have had him into camp by now.